Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: MVP thus far?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Rodgers

    38 18.18%
  • Matt Ryan

    28 13.40%
  • Peyton Manning

    82 39.23%
  • Tom Brady

    50 23.92%
  • Andrew Luck

    9 4.31%
  • Ben Rothisberger

    2 0.96%
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 349
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Because Gronk was playing in yesterday's game and AH wasn't coming off an injury that has sidelined him for most of the season while the Pats weren't missing 2 of the best O-Lineman in the league yesterday?

    Oh and I forgot Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Stokley all suck. Especially that Thomas guy. I mean its not like he wasn't good last year with freaking Tim Tebow throwing to him. He's also amazingly slow....

    Cmon, Peyton's cast is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be (and I'm often told its a bunch of scrubs picked off the streets) . I'm pretty sure Thomas would be a legit receiver on a TON of teams. Heck, I'd love him on the Pats. If Denver thinks he's so easily replaceable, please by all means, trade him to the Pats for a 7th rounder. I'll be happy.

    Also, I never said anything about the beginning of their careers- this has nothing to do with Brady vs. Manning over their careers, this is about this season. Also, I like how you say you like EPA but seem to completely ignore it considering Brady is leading the league in EPA and EPA per play. Not to mention, he's leading the league in Football Outsiders' DVOA and DYAR (which are opponent adjusted). Those stats tell you more then just looking at their passer ratings (which aren't even that different tbh, Brady's trailing by like 1 point....)

    PS- Not saying Peyton isn't deserving because he's had a great season. I just think Brady has been better and I think the whole "Oh Peyton saved the Broncos from a 1-15 season by going there" media hype is so ridiculous. Cool, he's had a great season after not playing last year. Doesn't mean we should just give him the MVP because of that. If he wins it, he should win it because he's been the most productive, not because of all this extra curricular stuff that has nothing to do with production.
    So one game that those three(gronk and olineman) missed, and against a pretty ****** colts defense anyway. And its not like thats the only weapon he has. Last I checked welker was pretty good. What about Lloyd we heard about how much of a genius bill was for getting.

    Oh, and you're not talking about past years, then why bring up peytons defenses of the past? Which directly what I was responding to anyway. Its because the bradys defense is bad so you wanted to throw that back at people. Which is what I did with the offensove cast each have. Yes, Peytons isnt horrible but its not near as good as bradys. Bradys running game is even better. But that apprentoy dont matter now.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Oh my bad, it was the jets last week. And in that game, 5 of those tds came either from the defense or off turnovers. One of the three that came off turnovers NE got the ball in the redzone.

    The colts game is the same. 2 pick 6, punt return for a td, a punt return of 49 giving brady the ball at the colts 39 and a luck fumble giving them the ball at the colts 24.

    Yes theyre scoring a lot of points, but lets not act like Its just brady out there doing it alone. Thats 5 tds in the last two games from the dfense and st and another three brady was givien excellent field position.
    Last edited by bosox3431; 11-25-2012 at 04:22 PM.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,274
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Go ask this in your forum. You're the first one I have ever seen say what you said here. Its always been Brady outdoors, personally carried the Pats to those SBs, Manning is no more than Trent Dilfer and only won because of his teammates, Manning has never called a play at the line he just waves his arms, Brady is a Golden God that anyone who would not sacrifice their first born to is ignorant of football, and now its the Broncos are a stacked team and could have won a SB, Thomas and Decker are locks for the HOF and is making Manning look good and such, just to name a few of the things backed by your fellow buds.

    Now Brady is the better QB. If I was building a team I would rather have a QB with Brady's skill set over Manning. I would not want Brady himself cause I cant stand his pompous ego but he is the better of the 2 and should win the MVP this year.
    Manning certainly progressed way faster than Brady did. I think a lot of Pats fans would agree with me on that. While Manning was setting records the Pats were not only getting to the playoffs but winning games because they had a great game manager at QB who didn't turn the ball over.

    But if were going to have a legit Brady-Manning career argument right now, its Brady by a foot.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Riverside California
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    1500
    dan marino

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,274
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    So one game that those three(gronk and olineman) missed, and against a pretty ****** colts defense anyway. And its not like thats the only weapon he has. Last I checked welker was pretty good. What about Lloyd we heard about how much of a genius bill was for getting.

    Oh, and you're not talking about past years, then why bring up peytons defenses of the past? Which directly what I was responding to anyway. Its because the bradys defense is bad so you wanted to throw that back at people. Which is what I did with the offensove cast each have. Yes, Peytons isnt horrible but its not near as good as bradys. Bradys running game is even better. But that apprentoy dont matter now.
    Brady has the better coaching staff too. So what? He is still the better player this season so far.

    17 points against the Cheifs? Granted they are a good defense but Peyton looked off today.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,173
    vCash
    1500
    He'll never receive a vote, and I'm not trying to make a case for him, but Jay Cutler showed today just how important he is to the Bears. I know the 49ers are awesome, but Campbell looked lost last week and Cutler looked outstanding today against a pretty good Minnesota defense.

    I don't really know where else to post this but I wanted to bring attention to it. They showed this today during the Bears game: Since Cutler got to the Bears, the backups for the team have a combined 6 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. Cutler may not be great, but he is severely undervalued on this site.

    My rant is done.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,181
    vCash
    1500
    With Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers can beat the defending Super Bowl champions. without him, they can lose to the Browns. It just goes to show you how valuable he is to his team.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    12,283
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    With Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers can beat the defending Super Bowl champions. without him, they can lose to the Browns. It just goes to show you how valuable he is to his team.
    Didn't they go 3-1 without him when he was suspended?

    If the MVP was really the mVp, then Cutler would be getting votes. With Cutler = all they do is win. Without Cutler = they can't beat ANYONE.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,181
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Didn't they go 3-1 without him when he was suspended?
    Yeah, and aren't they 0-2 this season without him? Aren't the Steelers 86-36 (.705) since 2004 when he starts, and 9-8 (.523) when he doesn't start?
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Brady has the better coaching staff too. So what? He is still the better player this season so far.

    17 points against the Cheifs? Granted they are a good defense but Peyton looked off today.
    I do believe youve missed the whole point of my post.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,127
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Didn't they go 3-1 without him when he was suspended?

    If the MVP was really the mVp, then Cutler would be getting votes. With Cutler = all they do is win. Without Cutler = they can't beat ANYONE.

    Totally different season. Big Ben has gotten much better since and the Steelers defense has definitely regressed since then as well. Big Ben is definitely one of the top 10 most valuable players to his team.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Manning certainly progressed way faster than Brady did. I think a lot of Pats fans would agree with me on that. While Manning was setting records the Pats were not only getting to the playoffs but winning games because they had a great game manager at QB who didn't turn the ball over.

    But if were going to have a legit Brady-Manning career argument right now, its Brady by a foot.
    Manning was blessed with the most highly paid offense in the AFC from 2000 thru at least 2009. Some years they led #2 by an absurd degree. He had not coaching change in his OC and HC for years as well.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    With Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers can beat the defending Super Bowl champions. without him, they can lose to the Browns. It just goes to show you how valuable he is to his team.
    Or how worthless Charley Batch is.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    38,384
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Go ask this in your forum. You're the first one I have ever seen say what you said here. Its always been Brady outdoors, personally carried the Pats to those SBs, Manning is no more than Trent Dilfer and only won because of his teammates, Manning has never called a play at the line he just waves his arms, Brady is a Golden God that anyone who would not sacrifice their first born to is ignorant of football, and now its the Broncos are a stacked team and could have won a SB, Thomas and Decker are locks for the HOF and is making Manning look good and such, just to name a few of the things backed by your fellow buds.

    Now Brady is the better QB. If I was building a team I would rather have a QB with Brady's skill set over Manning. I would not want Brady himself cause I cant stand his pompous ego but he is the better of the 2 and should win the MVP this year.
    So much more convincing without the cartoon intro.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,181
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Or how worthless Charley Batch is.
    But hey, we beat the Rams last year with him as the starter.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •