50 23.92%
  • Andrew Luck

9 4.31%
  • Ben Rothisberger

2 0.96%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyDuquette View Post
    Brady should be the frontrunner currently. 27 total TD's to 3 turnovers. Has the best QBR currently and leading in almost all other advanced stats. While leading Pats to the highest scoring offense in football
    While the Broncos and Packers have better defenses. Oh wait, that doesn't matter now since its not Peyton with the porous defense.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Why is RG3 not on this list, but Rothisberger is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    While the Broncos and Packers have better defenses. Oh wait, that doesn't matter now since its not Peyton with the porous defense.
    Brady is only a system QB anyway...

Brady should be leading currently and hopefully after playing the Texans and 49's he clearly can establish himself as the best QB this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyDuquette View Post
    Brady is only a system QB anyway...

Brady should be leading currently and hopefully after playing the Texans and 49's he clearly can establish himself as the best QB this year
    http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB
    http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010...ed-points.html

But apparently the point of football is to pass for a ton of yards but not lead the league in points scored.

And before anyone goes on to talk about the Pats running game, one of the primary reasons its so successful is because teams play nickel and dime against the Pats all the time. The Jets did that the entire game yesterday and unlike other QBs, Brady/Pats are not afraid to run the ball when the defensive formation clearly calls for a running play.

And its not like his 105 QB Rating is chopped liver either....
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB
    http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010...ed-points.html

But apparently the point of football is to pass for a ton of yards but not lead the league in points scored.

And before anyone goes on to talk about the Pats running game, one of the primary reasons its so successful is because teams play nickel and dime against the Pats all the time. The Jets did that the entire game yesterday and unlike other QBs, Brady/Pats are not afraid to run the ball when the defensive formation clearly calls for a running play.

And its not like his 105 QB Rating is chopped liver either....
    Almost, the best player in football leads in fantasy points. C'mon you should know that by now.

But yeah I totally agree, I don't totally understand all the advanced stats but I realize if he is leading almost all of them while scoring the points, and having the best td/turnover ratio. It shouldn't be a hard choice.

vCash
    Yet Brady has the better supporting cast. Or does that not matter now because its not peyton with better cast? Wasnt that always the reason why he was better at the beginnings ng of their careers?

vCash
    I don't understand how JJ Watt is not in this poll, and I think Peterson should get some consideration as well. Just because it's typically a QB award doesn't mean a QB should always win it or that other players don't deserve some consideration. I would argue that Watt is a top five candidate without question when you look at the impact he has for that defense.

That being said, I'm probably taking Peyton because of the impact he has had on the Broncos with essentially the same roster they had last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't understand how JJ Watt is not in this poll, and I think Peterson should get some consideration as well. Just because it's typically a QB award doesn't mean a QB should always win it or that other players don't deserve some consideration. I would argue that Watt is a top five candidate without question when you look at the impact he has for that defense.

That being said, I'm probably taking Peyton because of the impact he has had on the Broncos with essentially the same roster they had last season.
    I've said I would vote for Watt if I had a vote just to be a rebel douche.

That being said. if there was NFL WAR lol Watt wouldn't be near the QB's or AP.

Do you not agree?

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

Do you not agree?
    I do, but that's just the nature of offensive players versus defensive players. But I'm not even a Texans fan and even I'm in awe of how the guy has played this season. He keeps them in games even when the defense overall is playing poorly, and his ability to bat balls at the line of scrimmage has created a number of interceptions for other players.

I honestly think that based on what I've seen this year, if you take Watt off this Texans team and replace him with an average 3-4 DE, they would probably have lost at least one or two of the games they've won. To me, that's the sign of an MVP candidate, when a player's impact directly relates to more wins at the end of the season.

At the end of the day, I don't necessarily think he's the most valuable player of the entire league. But I do think he's the most valuable player on the best team in the NFl, and that should account for something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I do, but that's just the nature of offensive players versus defensive players. But I'm not even a Texans fan and even I'm in awe of how the guy has played this season. He keeps them in games even when the defense overall is playing poorly, and his ability to bat balls at the line of scrimmage has created a number of interceptions for other players.

I honestly think that based on what I've seen this year, if you take Watt off this Texans team and replace him with an average 3-4 DE, they would probably have lost at least one or two of the games they've won. To me, that's the sign of an MVP candidate, when a player's impact directly relates to more wins at the end of the season.

At the end of the day, I don't necessarily think he's the most valuable player of the entire league. But I do think he's the most valuable player on the best team in the NFl, and that should account for something.
    I'd probably give them 2 more losses at least. He was taking over games earlier this year.

I'd love for him to get MVP. But it just won't happen. Maybe we need to reconsider this. And having DMVP and OMVP and get rid of DPOY and OPOY. It seems to lessen the D's importance.

Sadly, you could make a case that Von Miller, and other players are just as good or better, which isn't a knock against anyone. It would just help split the D vote IMO.

Peyton will win. Seems pretty obvious. He always does.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

Do you not agree?
    Not necessarily. It would depend on how much things are weighted. Such as in baseball. Would you expect a starting pitcher who pitches in ~34 games and 220 inn to get the same war as a positional who will play in 150+ games and 1200+ inn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Not necessarily. It would depend on how much things are weighted. Such as in baseball. Would you expect a starting pitcher who pitches in ~34 games and 220 inn to get the same war as a positional who will play in 150+ games and 1200+ inn?
    I'll be honest. I don't really understand WAR. lol

But still, we have to be honest. We know he's not as influential.

There's also the MASSIVE difference between an elite QB and what would be the replacement level player on average and how big of an affect that has on the game compared to a 34DE and his replacement counterpart. It's just not close at all to me.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttles View Post
    Why is RG3 not on this list, but Rothisberger is?
    Why is it such an alien concept to consider Roethlisberger for the league MVP, especially considering we've all seen how unproductive the Steelers offense is without him?
    "He’s the most underrated quarterback of the 21st century."

-Bill Simmons (Editor, Grantland) discussing Ben Roethlisberger

"Roethlisberger is perpetually underrated, to the point that even when he breaks records, it doesn’t really feel like it."

-Joseph Milord (Editor, Elite Daily)

vCash
    Patriots haven't lost a game in the second of the season in a few years. The team always gets better & with that being said. Brady is going to be the MVP when its all said & done.

vCash
    Can Gabbert still get MVP while on IR?

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast