• Ben Rothisberger

2 0.96%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Should be AP but it wont be because QB's always win

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    No disrespect intended but the bold proves you don't know what you're talking about and likely didn't even watch.

The Falcons were nowhere near being in FG range on the pick. It was 3rd and Long from their own 29 yard line and Ryan threw a long bomb to their 4th string WR Drew Davis who was running a deep post IIRC. It should have been an easy jump ball but the DB got position on the kid so New Orleans took over on their side of the field, inside the Saints' 20 yard line. See for yourself (Atlanta's first drive of the 3Q): http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?ga...11018&period=3

An objective Saints fan will tell you they won because #1. No one could cover Jimmy Graham since Sean Weatherspoon did not play (badly sprained ankle), #2. They ran the football very well, and #3. Their usually porous front-7 dominated the Falcons' up front all game, specifically on the goal line towards the end when Atlanta had a chance to take the lead for good yet the OL got zero push at the 1-yard line and slow-as-molasses Turner was stuffed as he often does. He finished with 15 yards on 13 carries, so the ground game was non-existent. That they still made it a shootout and had a chance to win was because of Ryan, who threw for 411 yards and had a QB Rating over 100 in the game.

Against the Raiders: Oakland's defense came into that game having gotten only 3 sacks and 1 pick all year, but once again, the Falcons lines got dominated on both sides. PFF has it in their recap you can see here under Game Notes:

So much like the Saints game, Atlanta's OL couldn't handle another opposing front seven that hadn't done much of anything all year. The ground game wasn't a factor against Oakland either (Turner had 33 yards on 11 carries), and it was all up to Ryan if they were gonna win, but they did. As I said in my previous post...

...and that's exactly what happened. He started from their own 20 with :40 seconds left and no timeouts, took them 43 yards, GW FG is good, drive home safely. I get that you are defending your guy, but the bottom line has not changed: No one can say the same thing about all other legit candidates and dismiss Ryan because those guys have better lines, a better ground game, or just blew it themselves. Ryan's blockers and backs have pretty much sucked all year yet he still has them in position to get home field advantage (despite the fact that a lot of people didn't even have them making the playoffs this season) which puts him firmly in the MVP discussion as nearly every NFL writer will tell you.

Besides, let's be honest: If Rodgers had Ryan's exact stats, had outplayed/beaten Manning head to head, and guided your team to the #1 seed at this point, I guarantee you would be defending your guy as the clear-cut leader for this award -- whereas I'm not even going THAT far with Ryan, just saying he has as good of a case for it as anyone else. Some stats favor Ryan, some favor other guys. Make no mistake, I respect what Rodgers is doing, but end-all-be-all statements by anyone to completely exclude Ryan is just homer talk or some sort of agenda.

No I didnt watch the game. That is my fault. I read the play by play wrong and made a mistake. Either way it led to a td which in the end decided the game. His pick was costly regardless. Im not saying he lost it on his own, no qb does. But to act like he had no part in the loss is ridiculous. And dont forget the falcons defense who intercepted brees and gave ryan the ball at the 27, which they did nothing with and settled for a fg.

But as I can see with the raiders game talk, ryan does no wrong, everyone else sucks on the team(even that defense ranked in the top 10 in points and turnovers) and without ryan they would have a top 5 pick in the draft. Also I like how you give ryan credit for winning the raiders game on the final drive with 40 seconds, yet you dont mention how he failed, throwing three straight incompletions getting the ball with 37 seconds. But yes, im the homer here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Jones had 50 rec in the past, Cobb has shown he's a great receiver, Finley might be overrated but he's still a good TE & he's had Jennings and Nelson
    Rodgers has too much depth on the team to make excuses for a healthy roster
    & i disagree that we're pretending he has great help
    Jones did have 50 receptions. He also had a 57% catch rate, good for 40th in the league. He got a lot of targets, the only reason he had 50 receptions. James jones until this year dropped tons of easy passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Jones did have 50 receptions. He also had a 57% catch rate, good for 40th in the league. He got a lot of targets, the only reason he had 50 receptions. James jones until this year dropped tons of easy passes.
    Jones is really good. I wonder why every other GM forgot he was a FA before GB resigned him?

They really messed up not signing this BEAST.

Cobb was a NOBODY before this year.

Finley is hot garbage, you know this as well as I do bosox. I'd like to find two people in our forum that have been positive about him this year, you can't.

Or positive about Jones coming back. Everyone wanted him traded, even during the PS I cracked and said f it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    No disrespect intended but the bold proves you don't know what you're talking about and likely didn't even watch.

The Falcons were nowhere near being in FG range on the pick. It was 3rd and Long from their own 29 yard line and Ryan threw a long bomb to their 4th string WR Drew Davis who was running a deep post IIRC. It should have been an easy jump ball but the DB got position on the kid so New Orleans took over on their side of the field, inside the Saints' 20 yard line. See for yourself (Atlanta's first drive of the 3Q): http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?ga...11018&period=3

An objective Saints fan will tell you they won because #1. No one could cover Jimmy Graham since Sean Weatherspoon did not play (badly sprained ankle), #2. They ran the football very well, and #3. Their usually porous front-7 dominated the Falcons' up front all game, specifically on the goal line towards the end when Atlanta had a chance to take the lead for good yet the OL got zero push at the 1-yard line and slow-as-molasses Turner was stuffed as he often does. He finished with 15 yards on 13 carries, so the ground game was non-existent. That they still made it a shootout and had a chance to win was because of Ryan, who threw for 411 yards and had a QB Rating over 100 in the game.

Against the Raiders: Oakland's defense came into that game having gotten only 3 sacks and 1 pick all year, but once again, the Falcons lines got dominated on both sides. PFF has it in their recap you can see here under Game Notes:

So much like the Saints game, Atlanta's OL couldn't handle another opposing front seven that hadn't done much of anything all year. The ground game wasn't a factor against Oakland either (Turner had 33 yards on 11 carries), and it was all up to Ryan if they were gonna win, but they did. As I said in my previous post...

...and that's exactly what happened. He started from their own 20 with :40 seconds left and no timeouts, took them 43 yards, GW FG is good, drive home safely. I get that you are defending your guy, but the bottom line has not changed: No one can say the same thing about all other legit candidates and dismiss Ryan because those guys have better lines, a better ground game, or just blew it themselves. Ryan's blockers and backs have pretty much sucked all year yet he still has them in position to get home field advantage (despite the fact that a lot of people didn't even have them making the playoffs this season) which puts him firmly in the MVP discussion as nearly every NFL writer will tell you.

Besides, let's be honest: If Rodgers had Ryan's exact stats, had outplayed/beaten Manning head to head, and guided your team to the #1 seed at this point, I guarantee you would be defending your guy as the clear-cut leader for this award -- whereas I'm not even going THAT far with Ryan, just saying he has as good of a case for it as anyone else. Some stats favor Ryan, some favor other guys. Make no mistake, I respect what Rodgers is doing, but end-all-be-all statements by anyone to completely exclude Ryan is just homer talk or some sort of agenda.
    Yep, we would. Although its debatable as to whether 'Spoon would have been able to cover Graham, he definitely would have done better than the guys in for him this game.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    The award really stands for the Most Valuable Passer. So it would most likely be Peyton right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431
    No I didnt watch the game. That is my fault. I read the play by play wrong and made a mistake. Either way it led to a td which in the end decided the game. His pick was costly regardless. Im not saying he lost it on his own, no qb does. But to act like he had no part in the loss is ridiculous. And dont forget the falcons defense who intercepted brees and gave ryan the ball at the 27, which they did nothing with and settled for a fg.

But as I can see with the raiders game talk, ryan does no wrong, everyone else sucks on the team(even that defense ranked in the top 10 in points and turnovers) and without ryan they would have a top 5 pick in the draft. Also I like how you give ryan credit for winning the raiders game on the final drive with 40 seconds, yet you dont mention how he failed, throwing three straight incompletions getting the ball with 37 seconds. But yes, im the homer here.
    Glad you admitted it, but once again, this is what happens when you don't watch and can't follow the PBP chart.

- First drive: Ryan passed 5 times (for 82 yards) to Turner's 2 runs (for -2 yards ) = TD.

- Next drive, after Asante's INT: Ryan threw once (6 yards) to Turner's two runs (2 yards total) = FG.

Uhhh, doesn't that look like the fault of the playcalling for taking the football out of Ryan's hands and giving it to the fat man?

Again, no disrespect intended but you should probably stop talking about that game and maybe other teams in general because yeah you sound like a homer and/or terribly misinformed. I am as critical of Ryan as anyone, but I also give credit where it's due. A Saints fan, who likely despises him and everything about the Falcons, just agreed with what I said about the game in Post #125. I never said Ryan was flawless nor the clear-cut leader, you are the one making concrete statements attempting to exclude him from the discussion without having even watched the games -- while nearly every respected writer blogger and analyst, who watch more and know more, have him among the serious candidates for the award.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-16-2012 at 12:34 AM.

vCash
    Arian Foster
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    the mvp should be as follows

1) aaron rodgers
    2) adrian peterson

why is there so much love for peyton manning???? keep in mind that tim tebow took this team to an afc west crown and a win in the play-offs. if peyton takes the broncos past the first rd of the play-offs then maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pats2009 View Post
    why is there so much love for peyton manning???? keep in mind that tim tebow took this team to an afc west crown and a win in the play-offs. if peyton takes the broncos past the first rd of the play-offs then maybe.
    Meh. That's a poor argument. The Broncos are scoring 30.1 points (2nd) and have 292.9 pass yards (3rd) a game this season. Last year they scored 19.3 points a game (25th) and had 152.1 pass yards per game (2nd to LAST).

They also squeaked into the playoffs. This year they'll have probably no less than 12 wins.

Playoffs also have nothing to do with this award. It's pretty obvious how much of a difference he's made.

Peyton's top 3 in QB rating, Y/PA, completion percentage and TDs. He's #1 in QBR, DVOA and DYAR.

I think it's obvious why he's a legit candidate, and how much better he's made this team.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Jones is really good. I wonder why every other GM forgot he was a FA before GB resigned him?

They really messed up not signing this BEAST.

Cobb was a NOBODY before this year.

Finley is hot garbage, you know this as well as I do bosox. I'd like to find two people in our forum that have been positive about him this year, you can't.

Or positive about Jones coming back. Everyone wanted him traded, even during the PS I cracked and said f it.
    Not all of us Norm

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I really want to keep Jones. Given the opportunity, I expect him to play very well this year.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Not all of us Norm
    I defended keeping him for a long time but when PS came and he did jack, I was wondering what the point was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Wrong. Have you seen the numbers Palmer is putting up? Didn't think so. Might want to check them out. Another who will prolly end up winning it is Brady. He IS the Pats. I just dont see how anyone has a shot over either of those 2.
    I know your a homer man, but there is no way in **** an MVP is going to a Raider this season with them sitting at 3-6. Carson is playing better than expected for sure, but an MVP is a pipe dream and nothing more.

If some people honestly can't see the difference Peyton has made on the Broncos this season, not really sure what to say other than pay better attention. Peyton, Rodgers, AP, and Matty Ice all have legit arguments to be MVP. I'd still go Peyton at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pats2009 View Post
    the mvp should be as follows

1) aaron rodgers
    2) adrian peterson

I agree 100%. The Broncos have done nothing and wont even make the playoffs. They were a better team with Tebow. Look at the raw fire power the Broncos had last year. Since Manning took over its been down hill. I also think you can add a couple names to your list. Palmer is having a lights out year. For him to go to a new team and rise up like he has shows his greatness. Remember he was sitting on a couch last year. The Other is Brady. I picked the Pats to win the SB and still think they will win it again.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    I know your a homer man, but there is no way in **** an MVP is going to a Raider this season with them sitting at 3-6. Carson is playing better than expected for sure, but an MVP is a pipe dream and nothing more.

If some people honestly can't see the difference Peyton has made on the Broncos this season, not really sure what to say other than pay better attention. Peyton, Rodgers, AP, and Matty Ice all have legit arguments to be MVP. I'd still go Peyton at this point.
    Ummm I am a Bronco fan. I hate the Raiders but I am not a homer I can give credit when credit is due.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast