• Andrew Luck

9 4.31%
  • Ben Rothisberger

2 0.96%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Nelson has been hurt.

Nobody thought Cobb and James were good until Rodgers helped them fill the stat sheets.

Finley was the most overrated TE in the league.

Gimme a break.

Even if Jones and Cobb and FInley got hurt, whoever else played, you all would just pretend their great too. It doesn't matter.
    Yup

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    you could say that for anyone of these candidates.
    Manning is 6-3 against PIT,ATL,HOU,NE,NO,CAR... with only BAL left
    with not a whole lot to work with on offense & has the best numbers
    he makes his team a legit contender, Denver hasn't had that in a long time
    Rodgers has the best wide out pair in the league when healthy
    That's a misleading way to say what you just posted. NO and CAR aren't worth mentioning as "challenging" teams. Carolina is 2-7 and NO was terrible the first 5 or so weeks.

Denvers wins have come against PIT, OAK, SD, NO, CIN, and CAR. Their combined records are 23-31, and the only one with a winning record is PIT (6-3). They've lost to ATL, HOU, and NE. It's hard to treat the Broncos/Manning like an elite team when they've lost to the three elite teams they've played and have only beaten one good team. Sure, CIN and NO are mediocre teams, but they're expected to win those games.

Rodgers/GB has one bad loss (to IND), but have lost to a very good SF team and were somewhat screwed over against a very underrated SEA team. However the impressive thing is that they've beaten two elite teams (HOU and CHI). Since week 4, Rodgers has thrown 22TDs/3INTs and hasn't had a QBR lower than 95, and this is all with the injuries that team has had.

I just can't see how Rodgers isn't the front-runner at this point.

vCash
    Eli had a chance n blew it he's playing mediocre ...such a shame thought this was his year ...but rodgers will prob get it It's gonna be tough comeback player between manning n Adrian Peterson ...has a player won comeback m mvp in same year

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    Eli had a chance n blew it he's playing mediocre ...such a shame thought this was his year ...but rodgers will prob get it It's gonna be tough comeback player between manning n Adrian Peterson ...has a player won comeback m mvp in same year
    By quick glance of the lists, doesn't appear so.

vCash
    Nelson has been hurt.

Nobody thought Cobb and James were good until Rodgers helped them fill the stat sheets.

Gimme a break.

Even if Jones and Cobb and FInley got hurt, whoever else played, you all would just pretend their great too. It doesn't matter.
    Norm? I hear ya, but... Rogers is still playing with the team he knows, a coach he knows and a system he knows.

Hell, everyone but Broncos fans said that Manning had no one to throw to when he signed with the Broncos. I believe I heard that the Broncos had the worst WR corps of any team Manning was considering. I also heard regularly that the Broncos line was horrible in pass protection. "Tebow made the line". Didn't the Broncos "back into the playoffs" last year?

Well, 9 games into the season and Manning is #1 in rating, #2 in % (behind a guy who has thrown over 100 less passes), #2 in yds/a (.07 behind a guy who has thrown 60 less passes), #5 in yards (140 yards behind the #1 who has thrown 1 less pass), #3 in TDs and tied for #1 in sacks.

Did I mention that he is two games away from equaling the wins of last years playoff team?
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Norm? I hear ya, but... Rogers is still playing with the team he knows, a coach he knows and a system he knows.

Hell, everyone but Broncos fans said that Manning had no one to throw to when he signed with the Broncos. I believe I heard that the Broncos had the worst WR corps of any team Manning was considering. I also heard regularly that the Broncos line was horrible in pass protection. "Tebow made the line". Didn't the Broncos "back into the playoffs" last year?

Well, 9 games into the season and Manning is #1 in rating, #2 in % (behind a guy who has thrown over 100 less passes), #2 in yds/a (.07 behind a guy who has thrown 60 less passes), #5 in yards (140 yards behind a guy who has thrown 1 less pass), #3 in TDs and tied for #1 in sacks.

Did I mention that he is two games away from equaling the wins of last years playoff team?
    I'm not saying Rodgers should win MVP.........at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    you could say that for anyone of these candidates.
    Manning is 6-3 against PIT,ATL,HOU,NE,NO,CAR... with only BAL left
    with not a whole lot to work with on offense & has the best numbers
    he makes his team a legit contender, Denver hasn't had that in a long time
    Rodgers has the best wide out pair in the league when healthy
    The best? I woukd argue jones/white and nicks/cruz are just as good, with the latter being better

Nelson has been hurt.

Gimme a break.

This. I was looking at some draft profiles of these guys(which yes I know they can be wrong). Jones was predicted as a 6th rounder by a couple, jennings was going to be a no 3 wr and
    Cobb was compared to someone like keenan mcardell. Until this year I thinka jones and finley had popcorn parties before games. Of course im not saying rodgers made these guys, but its not like hes working with high draft picks who were expected to be this good

vCash
    I'm not saying Rodgers should win MVP.........at all.
    Never mind then.

vCash
    Never mind then.
    I just thought that guy was wrong is all.

I should be Peyton or AP I think. Other people have a case. Not really Rodgers.

vCash
    I just thought that guy was wrong is all.

I should be Peyton or AP I think. Other people have a case. Not really Rodgers.
    Not this year. Last year? Different story.

I am biased, but I would find it difficult to vote against Peyton. New team and all. That is taking nothing away from AP..., and Luck actually.

I do think that this is a three head race with Luck being #3.

vCash
    Not this year. Last year? Different story.

I am biased, but I would find it difficult to vote against Peyton. New team and all. That is taking nothing away from AP..., and Luck actually.

I do think that this is a three head race with Luck being #3.
    Peyton Manning wins the MVP every time there's no other true outstanding player. Now he's doing it on a new team coming back from an injury. This was a lock before the season.

vCash
    Peyton Manning wins the MVP every time there's no other true outstanding player. Now he's doing it on a new team coming back from an injury. This was a lock before the season.
    To those who understood the injury (surgeries)? Probably.

To those who massaged the injury (surgeries) to their own liking. Definitely not.

vCash
    Peyton Manning will win. I'm not saying he deserves it or doesnt, but the story behind it will lead him through.

vCash
    Nelson has been hurt.

Gimme a break.

Jones had 50 rec in the past, Cobb has shown he's a great receiver, Finley might be overrated but he's still a good TE & he's had Jennings and Nelson
    Rodgers has too much depth on the team to make excuses for a healthy roster
    & i disagree that we're pretending he has great help
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-14-2012 at 01:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    The best? I woukd argue jones/white and nicks/cruz are just as good, with the latter being better
    maybe one or two teams are as good up front but none have the depth the packers do

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast