Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    While I don't agree with every single word of the Bynum sucks poster, I have to agree with something he stated: how do we know that signing Bynum to a max deal truly makes us a legit contender? He's never done it as the main piece. And while he's a beast, his game is far from perfect, to go along with the chronic injury piece that will probably further hurt his game before the contract is over. The big risk is in Bynum's next contract....not whether or not he plays this season. Whoever inks that deal for the Sixers better have a rabbit foot in their pocket with all their toes crossed. It would have been too much risk for me to tolerate if I was the Sixers GM this past year. I wouldn't have done it. I think there's more than one way to build a contender. I don't buy into the Bynum or bust theory.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Dammit man! He won't be the main guy. Jrue will. Why is this so hard to understand? The surrounding players will still here. All he has to do is rebound and finish around the rim. That's it. That's enough for us to contend.

Evan is for real. Thad is a starting 4 now and doing a damn good job. Hawes in his role off the bench will be solid. Brown can spell him occasionally and bring d. Allen is still working on his consistency. The shooters will be way more open.

If Bynum becomes a leader leader on this team it won't be for another two or three seasons. Turner will get a C before Bynum does. Not to mention if he plays and signs well be the beneficiary of vet free agents taking less and flocking to play for a winner.

That being said, I think we should just give him extension. Never allow him to become free agent. That way we don't have to commit for so long.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    ^based on your logic - you're saying bynum doesn't guarantee us anything - and if you don't think he's the full-proof dominate all star then i think we flip him for a chance at a sure fire star (with no injuries) or attempt to get one thru the draft.

what's so bad about cousins and tyreke + a draft pick? besides the bad attitude, he's the closest thing to a dominate center. tyreke just needs some stability + he's great at attacking the basket and getting us free throws. With the draft pick + our own we could trade up to maybe top 8 and get a pretty good wing.

in 1 to 2 years, jrue, turner, cousins, (maybe thad) will be at their prime. We'd have high energy athleticism coming with moultrie + whoever we signed/drafted at the 3. bynum will be back in the WCF so we don't have to deal with them at all esp because the kings wont make it past thunder/lakers/etc.

vCash
    there is literally no good reason u can give to bring Evans here, none. he brings nothing to this team

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    ^based on your logic - you're saying bynum doesn't guarantee us anything - and if you don't think he's the full-proof dominate all star then i think we flip him for a chance at a sure fire star (with no injuries) or attempt to get one thru the draft.

what's so bad about cousins and tyreke + a draft pick? besides the bad attitude, he's the closest thing to a dominate center. tyreke just needs some stability + he's great at attacking the basket and getting us free throws. With the draft pick + our own we could trade up to maybe top 8 and get a pretty good wing.

in 1 to 2 years, jrue, turner, cousins, (maybe thad) will be at their prime. We'd have high energy athleticism coming with moultrie + whoever we signed/drafted at the 3. bynum will be back in the WCF so we don't have to deal with them at all esp because the kings wont make it past thunder/lakers/etc.
    Do you even understand English? Is it your third or fourth language?
    My logic is that Bynum is a physical beast when healthy. However, this wont be his team. It's jrues. Bynum will simply be a powerful tool to be utilized by the point guard. That's my logic. Oh, and yes, he would put us in contention if heathly. I actually said we would contend in the first post. Pay attention...

vCash
    if paying Bynum 100 mil doesnt say this is your team then i dont kno what does

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Smh. Money has nothing to do with it. Nothing. And when you try to make it about the money you lose. Big men get paid more because they have the gift of size. He's not built to be the boss on the team. He's the money maker. It's like when the top sales guys makes more than his boss. The manager still has the control. By you logic, coaches and gms should be getting 5year $80M contracts.

vCash
    wow you really looked into what i said too much. but if Bynum is healthy this will be his team next year. This year yes it is Jrues no matter what.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    let me first say that i'm pro jrue and i believe if bynum is healthy then we can definitely make some noise. I like the progression of the growth of jrue, turner, and young.

That being said, i have a huge problem paying big money to bynum UP FRONT before he has 1) played a game 2) has chronic problem of injury 3) and could be an injury away from career ending surgery. Do you want every day for the next 5 years to revolve around any sort of announcement regarding bynum every time he falls down, or bumps knees, or goes bowling? My point is we don't just have to bank on bynum working out, we can also use him to leverage a trade and rebuild our franchise. tbh we didn't start from the bottom like a cleveland or OKC and we still don't have a franchise player (since you apparently are arguing bynum is just a money maker and not the main guy) and jrue being a franchise player is debateable. so why not trade him for cousins + fillers + picks and continue to rebuild. Let jrue/evan get more exp and then get hot at the right time.

getting andrew bynum was a short cut out of mediocrity and we are banking HEAVILY on jrue's/evan's progress. Yet without him we're not even above .500 and if we drafted today we'd probably be in the teens again.

vCash
    let me first say that i'm pro jrue and i believe if bynum is healthy then we can definitely make some noise. I like the progression of the growth of jrue, turner, and young.

That being said, i have a huge problem paying big money to bynum UP FRONT before he has 1) played a game 2) has chronic problem of injury 3) and could be an injury away from career ending surgery. Do you want every day for the next 5 years to revolve around any sort of announcement regarding bynum every time he falls down, or bumps knees, or goes bowling? My point is we don't just have to bank on bynum working out, we can also use him to leverage a trade and rebuild our franchise. tbh we didn't start from the bottom like a cleveland or OKC and we still don't have a franchise player (since you apparently are arguing bynum is just a money maker and not the main guy) and jrue being a franchise player is debateable. so why not trade him for cousins + fillers + picks and continue to rebuild. Let jrue/evan get more exp and then get hot at the right time.

getting andrew bynum was a short cut out of mediocrity and we are banking HEAVILY on jrue's/evan's progress. Yet without him we're not even above .500 and if we drafted today we'd probably be in the teens again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post

Do you even understand English? Is it your third or fourth language?
    My logic is that Bynum is a physical beast when healthy. However, this wont be his team. It's jrues. Bynum will simply be a powerful tool to be utilized by the point guard. That's my logic. Oh, and yes, he would put us in contention if heathly. I actually said we would contend in the first post. Pay attention...
    So what ur basically saying is that bynum will be the best player and probable mvp on jrue holidays sixer team?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Smh. Money has nothing to do with it. Nothing. And when you try to make it about the money you lose. Big men get paid more because they have the gift of size. He's not built to be the boss on the team. He's the money maker. It's like when the top sales guys makes more than his boss. The manager still has the control. By you logic, coaches and gms should be getting 5year $80M contracts.
    I def disagree with this. No matter what team or what sport you look at the guy making the most money is usually A. the best player and B. the face of the franchise, is it not? I'm pretty sure that's all he was saying.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    So what ur basically saying is that bynum will be the best player and probable mvp on jrue holidays sixer team?
    No. I'm saying jrue is the best player. Just in order for us to win we need a dominant big man. And he'll get paid the most because they are rare.

Phillyphan this addresses your post as well.

Without jrue we ain't winning anything either. He'll get a max contract next time around. We smartly locked him up early for cheap.

vCash

there is no reason to trade for Cousins. Also dont u realize we fell below .500 while Jrue missed 4 games all of which were losses. Cousins is not a franchise player, he is a headcase, more so then Bynum even.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Who knows about cousins? Maybe he just hates his situation. He's young still. I'd take him just because he doesn't have health issues. He still has potential to be best big in league. Just need to get his head on straight. Z-Bo is a perfect example of such a turnaround.

vCash
    he has mental health issues. Yea Z-Bo turned it around but there are 50 more who didnt who had similar potential.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast