Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Fred that ismy point, a Gamble is when you have a chance...no matter how slim in WINNING! But with Bynum, there was never a chance of winning. The dude has a Chronic, degeneratively bad knees. Now maybe me being in L.A. allows me more Information then you Fred. But NOT a professional Basketball team like Philly which should have done their Homework. I'm sorry Fred but your point where even if Bynum does not play at all this year, and we don't re-sign him that we will have Cap space, really how much ?...10 million tops ?
    That ain't buying you anything of merit Fred. If we would have not dealt for Bynum, we would have had a very good young Center in Vucevic, who may not be the Physical talent of Bynum when he is healthy, but, averaging 10 & 9.6 rebounds in less the 29 minutes, while shooting 50 % in his 2nd season is not bad.

Then we would have still had Iggy, and no matter what some here have said, we could have packaged him in another deal for many many things other then a Oft-Injured, highly overpaid Center who has never proven anything as it goes to being a # 1, or even a # 2 option for a team.

Sorry Fred, I understand your Salary Cap relief point. But letting Bynum walk doesn't get us much at all in Cap space.
    The point I was trying to make was that the team had to take a chance...if/when healthy, he is a difference maker...he would dominate the centers in the east if he was able to play...I understand that you may have seen more of him and that you certainly formed a strong opinion on him (thus your username )...but, with the other parts already in place, this could be a scary team with AB on the floor...my point with the cap relief isn't that it equals the trade, but the team still gets something out of it in worst case scenario.

vCash
    ^it's not a bad trade - it did the following:
    -allowed jrue, turner, and thad to flourish
    -upside with bynum
    -potential expiring to go after FA (if we don't renew bynum's contract)
    -potential trade chip with other desperate franchises (i.e.toronto, kings, wiz, bobcats etc)
    -we may start moving to top ten on draft boards instead of the teens (mediocrity)

like wannabe said, bynum wil play - to ensure he gets his money. It's up to our GMs to decide whether the risk is big enough to pay him the 5 years. Either way we get value.

vCash
    I would still do the trade and still sign bynum to a max deal.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    ^absolutely. If you want the chance to win it all. (If that's what it takes to sign him of course. Sign him to a lesser deal if possible. Really doesn't matter tho.)

You only don't resign him if you want us to be a fringe playoff team/late lottery pick for the rest of our lives. It seems like some people are into that stuff tho.
    Last edited by Reptar; 12-23-2012 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    ^absolutely. If you want the chance to win it all. (If that's what it takes to sign him of course. Sign him to a lesser deal if possible. Really doesn't matter tho.)

You only don't resign him if you want us to be a fringe playoff team/late lottery pick for the rest of our lives. It seems like some people are into that stuff tho.

Why is it that we will be a average team without Bynum ? Were the Lakers average without him ? Bynum never contributed nothing in ANY of the Lakers post season runs, even last years one his stats were horrible.

Teams like Golden State, and the Clippers are doing very well without a Huge, Physical Center are they not ? So, why can't we get by, and become a top-5 NBA team with a chance to win it all. I mean Deandre Jordan of the Clippers is no more bigger, atller, and definitely not more Athletic then our own Moultrie is. So why can't he give us at Center what Jordan gives the 1st place Clippers ? Answer...He CAN!!

A " TRU " Center, like you all say Bynum is is NOT needed to win a Championship....overall Talent is. See Miami, Dalla, and even the recent Laker titles where Bynum had ZERO to do with winning.

Bynum is so Overrated. Has never ever proved anything. And, remember, he IS Physically done....I mean....HELLLO PEOPLE!!!

vCash
    While I don't agree with every single word of the Bynum sucks poster, I have to agree with something he stated: how do we know that signing Bynum to a max deal truly makes us a legit contender? He's never done it as the main piece. And while he's a beast, his game is far from perfect, to go along with the chronic injury piece that will probably further hurt his game before the contract is over. The big risk is in Bynum's next contract....not whether or not he plays this season. Whoever inks that deal for the Sixers better have a rabbit foot in their pocket with all their toes crossed. It would have been too much risk for me to tolerate if I was the Sixers GM this past year. I wouldn't have done it. I think there's more than one way to build a contender. I don't buy into the Bynum or bust theory.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    While I don't agree with every single word of the Bynum sucks poster, I have to agree with something he stated: how do we know that signing Bynum to a max deal truly makes us a legit contender? He's never done it as the main piece. And while he's a beast, his game is far from perfect, to go along with the chronic injury piece that will probably further hurt his game before the contract is over. The big risk is in Bynum's next contract....not whether or not he plays this season. Whoever inks that deal for the Sixers better have a rabbit foot in their pocket with all their toes crossed. It would have been too much risk for me to tolerate if I was the Sixers GM this past year. I wouldn't have done it. I think there's more than one way to build a contender. I don't buy into the Bynum or bust theory.

Hope I'm wrong.

Agree. Look, I always stated Bynum is in the Mold ( Kinda )..like Shaq. A bigger, physical Center who's game is right at the hoop. Now Bynum will never be Shaq, not in pure size & strength and Athleticism, but he is in that mold. But the problem is not only Bynum's horrible team Attitude which is right up there with Cousins in Sacramento, but his uncorrectable knees.
    Look, I have said it time and again, if Bynum and his agent are gonna try and tell the Sixers that, Oh, now he is TRULY healed and fine...then great...put their money where their mouths are. Make the new MAX contract contingent with a out clause for the Sixers. If Bynum again has knee issues...and ONLY knee issues, no other type of Injuries, but the same Chronic Knee issues, and he misses more then 30 % of the total games in any one season on the new deal, then Philly has the option to opt right out of it.

Seems fair to me WannabGM. Imean if Bynum is truly healthy, and does not get Injured, or injured very much, then why would the Sixers ever use the Opt-out ?...Answer, they couldn't. And, if Bynum and his people truly believe that his knee issues are behind him, and no longer a worry, they should have zero Issues with agreeing with that Sixer Opt-out Clause,,,,,right ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Why is it that we will be a average team without Bynum ? Were the Lakers average without him ? Bynum never contributed nothing in ANY of the Lakers post season runs, even last years one his stats were horrible.

Teams like Golden State, and the Clippers are doing very well without a Huge, Physical Center are they not ? So, why can't we get by, and become a top-5 NBA team with a chance to win it all. I mean Deandre Jordan of the Clippers is no more bigger, atller, and definitely not more Athletic then our own Moultrie is. So why can't he give us at Center what Jordan gives the 1st place Clippers ? Answer...He CAN!!

A " TRU " Center, like you all say Bynum is is NOT needed to win a Championship....overall Talent is. See Miami, Dalla, and even the recent Laker titles where Bynum had ZERO to do with winning.

Bynum is so Overrated. Has never ever proved anything. And, remember, he IS Physically done....I mean....HELLLO PEOPLE!!!
    did u seriously compare Moultrie to D. Jordan? just stop already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    did u seriously compare Moultrie to D. Jordan? just stop already.

I said Jordan is no Bigger ( Stronger )...taller or as Athletic as Moultrie is.....so 2-one-5...show me where I am wrong ? And Moultrie was way way more accomplished then Jordan was as well when coming out. So, since when is a Center who averages 9 Pts, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.6 Blocks a game considered....ALL WORLD!!! And yet, who's in 1st place ?
    The Clippers, or the Lakers WITH Dwight Howard ?

I thought so.

vCash
    2 inches smaller and 20 lbs lighter also Moultrie is not even close to being able to play center. Jordan plays a ROLE on the Clippers, he plays next to a guy named Blake Griffin you might of heard of him and realized hes no worse then the 2nd best PF in the game. Also no where did i say Jordan was all world, nice try tho. Try again when Moultrie gets out of the d-league

vCash
    Lol. Can't believe you guys argue with this dude.

vCash
    2 inches smaller and 20 lbs lighter also Moultrie is not even close to being able to play center. Jordan plays a ROLE on the Clippers, he plays next to a guy named Blake Griffin you might of heard of him and realized hes no worse then the 2nd best PF in the game. Also no where did i say Jordan was all world, nice try tho. Try again when Moultrie gets out of the d-league

Try reading sometimes. Jordan measured 1/4 inch taller then Moultrie, and 17 Lbs heaiver at their respected combines. But both had the same Max vertical reaches at 12 feet. And Moultrie, even at 17 Lbs lighter did more bench presses, meanning he is STRONGER then Jordan. So, what makes Jordan more a Center then Moultrie ? Both are 6ft 11, and Moultrie has it all over Jordan in Athleticism, and Basketball fundamental skills.

What part of those FACTS can't you understand ?

vCash
    how about the FACT that Jordan actually plays Center in the NBA and Moultire plays PF in the D-league. Also its clear you have never watched Jordan play, if Moultrie can fly and throw it down like Jordan does I would be impressed.

vCash
    how about the FACT that Jordan actually plays Center in the NBA and Moultire plays PF in the D-league. Also its clear you have never watched Jordan play, if Moultrie can fly and throw it down like Jordan does I would be impressed.

Fly ?...remind me again, who is the faster, better Athlete here ? And throw it down ?...that's ALL Jordan can do on Offense cause he hasn't any other remote offensive skills. And, remind me again what was Jordan doing his first season in the league ? Yeah, Jordan's 9 Pts a game, and his 42 % FT shooting is REALLY Impressive

vCash
    i dont care about your combine stats, they have nothing to do with the game. you have made it clear that you never seen Jordan play.

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast