Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am in the minority that would not have done that trade (wouldn't have drafted Harkless then traded future 1st for Moultrie either). But I can't fault the Sixers too badly for taking a chance, even though I'm unhappy with it. It's just not the way I would have gone.

To SL and Knowledge points....it's obvious the Sixers rolled the dice on damaged goods, and everyone should have known it when the trade was announced. Did the Sixers do their proper homework? I dunno but probably. Were they slow in letting the fans know what was going on to the point of being dishonest with their fans as the bad new rolled in? Again, probably. But I highly doubt Orlando didn't want Bynum because of the injury. It was likely because he wouldn't sign an extension with them at the time of the trade. How many franchise centers can they let walk before their fans form a lynch mob? So, instead they went the young assets route.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I have a bad feeling about the new ownership.

They sold us fans on building around the best center in the NBA, bringing more help along in the future, and what did we do? Bought season tickets.
    How many season ticket packages did the Sixers sell after acquiring Bynum? I'd love to know.

I still feel as if Doug had no intentions of ever playing Bynum. Their medical staff assured the brass of what they were getting.
    Wow dude my mind has gone dark places before in this situation but thats downright silly you sound insane.

vCash
    The Guy doesn’t wan to play for Philly.. He wants the Bright Lights of the NY Knicks,Brooklyn Nets or back in Los Angeles.
    My guess is that he won’t play 1 Game for the 76ers this Season.
    I’ve heard he’s put on 20-25lbs, and is not in Basketball Shape at all and remember he hasn’ t played since last June..These big guys sit around for 3-4 months and it’s over for them short-term which is all he was for the 76ers to begin with.. 76ers rolled the dice and came up short like every other Philly Team has recently..
    Last edited by 76erEaglePhils; 11-27-2012 at 03:33 PM.

vCash
    ^thats as farfetched as it gets. He played in the bight light of LA and wanted out. Doesnt matter who he WANTS to play for either seeing how none of those teams you listed can afford him an none can pay him more than we can.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    The Guy doesnít wan to play for Philly.. He wants the Bright Lights of the NY Knicks,Brooklyn Nets or back in Los Angeles.
    My guess is that he wonít play 1 Game for the 76ers this Season.
    Iíve heard heís put on 20-25lbs, and is not in Basketball Shape at all and remember he hasní t played since last June..These big guys sit around for 3-4 months and itís over for them short-term which is all he was for the 76ers to begin with.. 76ers rolled the dice and came up short like every other Philly Team has recently..
    i do feel like deep down he doesnt want to be in Philly but you just cant look at it that way.

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (11/24/12 Update - Out Indefinitely)

Why wouldnu think that? Theres no reason o earth to think bynum doesnt want to play here

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Why wouldnu think that? Theres no reason o earth to think bynum doesnt want to play here
    Unless you count 'the fans need someone to blame, whether it makes sense or not' as a reason.

Dude has chronic knee problems. We've always known it. The whole world has always known it. He has real knee injuries, that they've told us about, and have only been disputed to the extent that some people think that they're worse than we've been told.

How anyone gets from that to 'he must not want to play' is well beyond me.

vCash

Agree 100%. bholly, stop using simple logic and reasoning. You're going to make people upset.

vCash
    No no no its not the knee injury that makes me think that. that was my thought the right away before even the preseason. some how some way i have a sneaking suspicion he doesn't want too play here. Maybe its just that this team has been so mediocre so long i cant bring myself to be positive.

vCash

Theres just no inclination whatsoever that he doesnt want to play here.

Everything hes said has leaned towards him wanting to play/extend here.

Hes just hurt, theres very little subtext outside of what the sixers should do with him beyond this season

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    we have to get him here on a one year deal worgh the max, he owes it to us to let us see him play before we extebd him, we rolled the dice on him so he owes us. I really want to keep him abd give it a go once we figure out when hell be healthy

vCash

He doesnt owe us a damn thing.

Thats life

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    No no no its not the knee injury that makes me think that. that was my thought the right away before even the preseason. some how some way i have a sneaking suspicion he doesn't want too play here. Maybe its just that this team has been so mediocre so long i cant bring myself to be positive.
    Bynum can occasionally cop an attitude. So if he didn't want to be here it would be obvious in interviews and body language. And frankly considering the injury, announcing that he would like to be traded would be advantageous to the Sixers because a team without cap room could then bid on him now. We could get something good for him.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Well if he DOES want to be here i want him here a 7 foot 2 Physically dominate specimen with decent footwork and skills around the Basket is beyond rare specifically one that excels on the glass.
    Injury or no Injury id Resign him without much thought about it
    even if there was only a 50 50 chance he would ever be the same i take that chance anytime becuase if he is healthy we could become a Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Well if he DOES want to be here i want him here a 7 foot 2 Physically dominate specimen with decent footwork and skills around the Basket is beyond rare specifically one that excels on the glass.
    Injury or no Injury id Resign him without much thought about it
    even if there was only a 50 50 chance he would ever be the same i take that chance anytime becuase if he is healthy we could become a Force.

The Lakers weren't even a force with Bynum, and that was with Kobe, Gasol, and many other players who are better then ours. And Bynum has never ever been a first, second or even a third option on the Lakers. He never saw a Double team ever cause Kobe and Gasol got all the defensive attention. But here, Bynum would be double-teamed, and pounded on down low. Look, he has the Physical body, and a few fundamental skills. But bottom line is, his knees are totally shot. And it is medically Impossible that they can be fixed. And that was a Quote 2 years ago from Dr. James Andrews who examined him. And he is the BEST Doctor in the world. Take in his Bad, Immature Attitude, even after 7 years in the league...and that makes the Sixers total SUCKERS for ever trading for him. But, some people ( Meanning you )..can't
    see the forest through the trees.

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast