Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I think the sixers will and should play inside out when bynum plays.... So he will be our 1st option and he will by a wide margin take up most of the opposing defenses attention.
    I will agree with this once he is able to show that he CAN play consistent minutes...if/when he first gets on the court, I would imagine that they will be very cautious with him until he gets his legs under him...then, he becomes the focal point...at that point, indirectly, Jrue's ability to impact the team positively should skyrocket...

vCash
    soo... it has been 2 weeks. Anyone hear any news regarding bybum?

vCash
    ^ Not that this means much... A friend of mine is a journalist who covers the Sixers - He mentioned last week that if all goes according to plan with no setbacks, they'd expect him to start practicing in early Feb.

He could be wrong though. Take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 01-04-2013 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    unfourtounatley for us and Drew nothing has gone according to plan. hopefully this time it does, i am dying to see the big man on the court!

vCash
    FYI - Update could be coming tomorrow:

UPDATE: John Mitchell of The Philadelphia Inquirer writes: "According to Sixers director of public relations Mike Preston, the Sixers will probably have an update on Andrew Bynum when the team returns from the road. The update, if it comes, will most likely take place Monday."

----

There isn't much to report on Andrew Bynum's status, but Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News has some minor news.

Cooney writes: "Sixers general manager Tony DiLeo said there really is no update and that Bynum is progressing from his knee issues. Asked if Bynum was past the first of the six stages of progress toward recovery, DiLeo said yes but was very vague as to what that means. There probably will be an update when the team returns from its road trip next week."

The Sixers are holding out hope that Bynum will be able to play sometime this season.
    via ESPN

vCash
    ^Expecting the news tomorrow to be nothing but incredibly vague news said with a positive spin that doesn't actually tell us anything helpful or relevant.

vCash
    "We are excited to announce that Andrew Bynum may begin practicing with Your Philadelphia Seventy Sixers in 3 short weeks! No questions. Thank You."

vCash
    I'm thinking this:

"Andrew is progressing. We're taking it one day at a time. What we've seen so far is positive, but we are continuing to use extreme caution in his rehabilitation and our evaluations. There is no timetable for his return."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I'm thinking this:

"Andrew is progressing. We're taking it one day at a time. What we've seen so far is positive, but we are continuing to use extreme caution in his rehabilitation and our evaluations. There is no timetable for his return."
    this

2012 allstar

vCash
    Here are some updates. Bynum talked to the media after practice today:

Dennis Deitch ‏@DennisDeitch

Sounds like Bynum is getting full-go from doctors to continue with his preparations. Basketball activities are coming soon.
    Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum doesn't plan on seeing personal physician Dr. Altchek again unless he has a setback.
    Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum: Left knee 'is better. It's really good.'
    So this sounds somewhat promising... I'll post more updates if/as they come in.

vCash
    Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum on chance of a setback: 'It's possible, but the doctor says it's going to resolve itself.'
    Have no idea what that means, but ok...

vCash
    More positive input...

john mitchell ‏@JmitchInquirer

Bynum has not looked this excited to talk about basketball since the trade

Derek Bodner ‏@derekbodner

I think Bynum (and Sixers) are probably purposefully downplaying. Hunch is progress may be further than they're pushing

vCash
    Here is the video of Bynum taking questions... Most of the quotes from above are in here. Pretty hard to hear, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=LhQlmcMjC3c#!

Still no timeline though, but that's to be expected. Overall, the news today actually seems pretty positive/optimistic compared to what we're used to with Bynum.

vCash
    This is the best news we could have hoped for. Can't get too excited until he starts [practicing again, but progress is always a good thing. I know Jrue and the rest of the team has to be excited because our bigs have been atrocious thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    this is the news we have wanted to hear from the last 5 updates lol. hopefully his head is on straight and he manages to stay out of harms way.

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast