Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (11/24/12 Update - Out Indefinitely)

Or he feels like he should be able to begin practicing within the month......

Hes probably just hoping he gets good news in 9 days.

Too many conspiracy theories.... Sometimes words are just words.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed, when he says "WORST CASE, its another month"...
    Yeah, I think he actually said "worst case, it's AT LEAST another month." Some articles quoted him saying that, others didn't include the "at least" part. The "at least" just makes it even more confusing, because that could mean anything in terms of longer than a month.

vCash
    jrue and ET are playing well

Thad is playing great as a role player

If bynum is healthy for the playoffs, i believe we are as good as the knicks if not better

vCash

ESPN's Bayless: Sixers taken in Bynum trade

This is from earlier today and why I came up with that poll. I understand its skip bayless, whose credibility is extremely questionable, but he isn't the first to report this.

According to Skip Bayless of ESPN, there’s really no reason for the 76ers to await anxiously the results of Andrew Bynum’s Dec. 20 checkup.

Bayless, one of the hosts on ESPN’s “First Take,” said on Tuesday’s show that the Sixers were the suckers in the four-team trade that landed Dwight Howard with the foundering Los Angeles Lakers.

“I spoke the other day to a very reliable Sixers source - I spoke to somebody I trust - who told me and confirmed to me Andrew Bynum’s knees are shot,” Bayless said. “We’re talking about beyond repair, progressive arthritis, deep degeneration, unfixable.

“The source said that he will try to play,” Bayless continued. “He might even occasionally over the next year or two have a decent game here and there. But long-term this will get only worse – only worse. So bottom line, the Sixers got taken in this trade that ultimately landed Dwight Howard in Los Angeles.

Bynum on Monday said that his right knee, site of the first bone bruise, feels fine, adding that it is the left knee, the one he hurt while bowling, that is causing him pain.

“There is nothing I can really do about it; it’s arthritis in the knees,” Bynum said. “The cartilage is missing so that’s not something that’s going to re-grow itself. Maybe in the future, next three to five years there may be something out there that really does help. For right now it’s kind of just a waiting game.”
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...183074511.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    The Sixers were suckers in the deal Skip is 100% correct on that part. The Sixers just better cut their losses let Bynum walk, and move on. The Sixers already made a ton of stupid moves already they don't need to make the situation worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    The Sixers were suckers in the deal Skip is 100% correct on that part. The Sixers just better cut their losses let Bynum walk, and move on. The Sixers already made a ton of stupid moves already they don't need to make the situation worse.
    First of all ******* skip bayless, he's he same guy who stomps for andy reid so, don't live here and doesn't understand the scope of the entire situation.

#1. Were the sixers taken, hmm...yeah but it's not as bad as people are making it sound. This team needed to move on from Iggy so that they can find out if either Jrue or ET or both could carry the team and guess what...they're 12-9, not great but at least they're competitive and Jrue and ET are both carrying the team...
    #2. They get out of Iggy's contract which had this year and next year @ about $17 - $18 million per. At least Bynum's contract is only this year which clears $20 million, Wright $4 million and swaggy P $6 million... With a lack of playing time...Kwame migh opt out $2 million and you could probably move Hawes cap friendly deal $6 million...
    #3. Potential...let say the sixers stay at .500 for the year without bynum, they probably still make the playoffs and there's a good chance that bynum does come back later in the season albeit to get that next contract and propels the sixers foward in the playoff by that time Jrue, ET and Young will be battle tested and you add a dominant force in the inside will only make the team better. He play well enough o sucker another team into signing him long term and we play well enough to attract a good free agent...

It's bad yes...and sometimes painful watching them struggle to score but that's not much different from last year and there are additional benefits that could be realized this year.

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (12/10/12 Update - Post #303)

FWIW we have the best record of teams involved in the trade... Taken? By whom? The Lakers traded Bynum away for Dwight and they suck now. The Nuggets got Iggy from us and he's been pretty bad so far. And the Magic, well, they just suck.

And the biggest difference between us and those other teams? They have all their pieces from the trade in place already and are still struggling. We have the best record of all of them, and don't even have our best player yet.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 12-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    FWIW we have the best record of teams involved in the trade... Taken? By whom? The Lakers traded Bynum away for Dwight and they suck now. The Nuggets got Iggy from us and he's been pretty bad so far. And the Magic, well, they just suck.

And the biggest difference between us and those other teams? They have all their pieces from the trade in place already and are still struggling. We have the best record of all of them, and don't even have our best player yet.
    Pretty sure the goal of obtaining Bynum was not to "have a better record than three other teams". It was to win a ring.

Currently we're 5th in the conference (one loss from being in 7th).

So - FWIW - so far, not so good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post

Pretty sure the goal of obtaining Bynum was not to "have a better record than three other teams". It was to win a ring.

Currently we're 5th in the conference (one loss from being in 7th).

So - FWIW - so far, not so good.
    Obviously. I agree. I've been saying all along that we're worse so far than last year, and look like a fringe playoff team at best. I'm not saying that we won the trade or improved.

I was responding to Skip Bayless talking out of his *** and saying we got taken in the trade. We weren't because no piece of that deal has worked out and been impactful for its new respective team. That's what I was saying.

But in terms of winning championships as you brought up, even if Bynum never plays, we still have the same odds of winning a championship as we did before the trade with the roster we had - ZERO. The difference is we have a huge expiring contract now if we choose not to resign him, and also have the ability to give our younger players like Jrue more expansive roles on the team, which I believe is for the best.

vCash

great point. i dont think anyone really realizes all that espcially fans of outside teams

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    LOL I love this 'the Sixers were taken' nonsense. We gave up nothing of impact in this trade. If we don't make this trade and have the same roster we have last year minus Lou and maybe Elton we probably have the same record we do now. We don't owe Bynum anything after this season and will have some cap room with his expiring contract and a few others. Skip Bayless is a shock jock idiot and anyone who agrees with him falls in that line. That would the absolute last person I would go to for NBA opinions let alone anything else in general.

If anyone got taken in this trade it was the Lakers because they have a team with absolutely no identity, an aging roster, a center who makes absolutely no difference, their defense is still beyond horrible, they've been through 3 coaches in less than 2 months.

vCash
    "Only the left knee (is hurting) the right knee is fine."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...improving.html

vCash
    If we had a do-over, I would still make the trade. If Bynum never plays, that's ok too, I like having the massive expiring contract at the end of the season.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    To be blunt....maybe I'm crazy....even if we could sign Dwight, I wouldn't. I don't know if this is a temporary thing or what (inury? change in workout regimen? coach influence?)....but Dwight isn't the same monster on defense he once was.

It's almost like he knows he's getting a max deal no matter what, and is going through the motions so not to hurt or tire himself...it's weird to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    To be blunt....maybe I'm crazy....even if we could sign Dwight, I wouldn't. I don't know if this is a temporary thing or what (inury? change in workout regimen? coach influence?)....but Dwight isn't the same monster on defense he once was.

It's almost like he knows he's getting a max deal no matter what, and is going through the motions so not to hurt or tire himself...it's weird to watch.
    You are not crazy.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast