Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    The thing is, every single team in the league the past solid year wanted nothing to do with Bynum. What, you think we were the first or only team that the Lakers reached out to ? Hell Orlando didn't want him even IF Gasol was thrown in, and the Lakers took back
    Hedo's contract. The Suns turned down an offer in a 3-way deal with L.A. and Orlando, as did Houston. And Bholly's example of comparing this Bynum trade with a transition Layup is as stupid as it gets. Yes, it might be okay IF you don't know that a great player like Lebron is right behind you ready to swat that Layup away. But the Sixers DID know that Lebron was behind them, i.e., they KNEW Bynum was destroyed physically in not one, but BOTH his knees. They knew, or at least should have known, cause Hell I KNEW that Bynum's knees were degeneratively bad, and no matter what he does, there IS ABSOLUTELY No medical treatment that will ever heal his knees people. That is why I was laughing at this trade when it happened. That is why I was laughing at most of you hear back in the pre-season when you were all saying Bynum will be ready to go come Game 1...even though I KNEW he would not be. And that is why I.....And anyone in the Free World with an IQ over 25 are laughing at you and your support of this trade, and for a Player who the rest of the League OUTSIDE Philadelphia KNEW that Bynum was damaged goods, and who's career is over!!
    In other words your not a sixers fan and you route for us too fail cool nice to know

vCash
    The deal is win-win for the 76ers.

1. If Bynum plays and plays well we become a top 3 team in the East with a puncher's chance of coming out of the east and places a top 3 center into a great basketball market to build around for the next several seasons.

2. Bynum doesn't play, we rid ourselves of Iguodala, and blow up the roster to reboot.

Where the downside?
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Well if he never plays then we could've gotten rid of Iguodala without getting rid of Vuc and Mo and future picks, and maybe even getting something decent in return. So that's the downside. Thought it was pretty obvious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

1. If Bynum plays and plays well we become a top 3 team in the East with a puncher's chance of coming out of the east and places a top 3 center into a great basketball market to build around for the next several seasons.

2. Bynum doesn't play, we rid ourselves of Iguodala, and blow up the roster to reboot.

Where the downside?
    So essentially we should have just amnestied Iggy or something? :BS:

Blowing up the roster and rebooting doesn't mean we're going to be any better than we were with Iggy as a matter of a fact it could essentially mean that we're going to continue going no where but just a whole lot slower than with Iggy.

That's a huge downside.

vCash
    Unless there is some information that we (the fans) didn't know about at the time of the trade, you do the trade 100 out of 100 times. He played like 70 something games averaging 18 and 12 last season. Absolute no-brainer.
    Last edited by Reptar; 11-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    lol @ all the crying about givin up vuc and harkless whdn 95% of people wanted to trade vuc and wanted no parts of harkless. Arnett moultrie will be way better than vuc, hes 7ft also. Harkless is a nice igoudala type of player. No matter the thread u can always find a male sixer fan moaning on his back about something. Trading for bynum was a good move. What first round pick did we trade for bynum? I dont recall any **** like thay other than trading a first for moultrie...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    lol @ all the crying about givin up vuc and harkless whdn 95% of people wanted to trade vuc and wanted no parts of harkless. Arnett moultrie will be way better than vuc, hes 7ft also. Harkless is a nice igoudala type of player. No matter the thread u can always find a male sixer fan moaning on his back about something. Trading for bynum was a good move. What first round pick did we trade for bynum? I dont recall any **** like thay other than trading a first for moultrie...
    The two first round picks we traded were the ones you mentioned before. Our 2011 and 2012 picks.

I really think my initial point went over a lot of people's heads. I'm not bashing the trade in the sense that if they genuinely thought Bynum would be healthy and we were getting a blockbuster center for Iguodala and some young assets, without a doubt you make that deal.

My concern is with the judgement on the injury. With the news that Bynum is probably out for the season, without even playing a basketball game since May (and not suffering a crippling injury since that time either, it's just bad knees), it makes you wonder why they thought he'd be healthy? Did they ever wonder why Orlando would rather 2 mid level 1st rounders and Arron Afflalo as opposed to a 25 year old cornerstone that was open to signing with them long term? Did the Orlando doctors know something that the Philly doctors didn't care to investigate? Why string us along with the "Oh he'll be back for the end of preseason... Oh he'll be back by the 1st game... We're looking at the 15th of December... Eff it he's out indefinitely"?

And if it comes down to "Well you get the cap space from the Iguodala deal", then just trade Iguodala to Denver for Brewer, Mozgov and a late 1st or to Cleveland for Casspi and Walton's deals and let the contract expire that way. No need to dump additional assets to lose a contract that isn't really that bad.

Once again, I think the deal was a slam dunk, deal you do 100 times out of 100 if you think Bynum was going to play. But I think the question when looking back on this deal years from now is going to be "Why the hell did they think he was gonna be healthy?"

I'd love to be proven wrong though
    Last edited by Sixerlover; 11-25-2012 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    To back up what SL said and to add to my earlier post: Once again Howard eskin reported in early October that the 76ers were sold "damaged goods" and that Bynum's knee injury was serious. He followed up on that a few days ago and also had sharp criticism for Aron"

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
    Finally #sixers and @SixersCEOAdam stopped conning the fans bout A Bynum knees. I think when I called him weasel of wk fri sixers came clean
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
    ‏@howardeskin
    Doing show right now on @SportsRadioWIP and doctor nick telling us andrew bynum will NEVER been the same. Marc Lawrence at 920 @BorgataAC
    Say what you wants about Eskin and his personality, but he does have legit sources for teams in this city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Where the downside?
    I don't know. There is none.

In retrospect, how good would we be if we were able to just trade iggy for al jeff straight up?
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    I have a bad feeling about the new ownership.

They sold us fans on building around the best center in the NBA, bringing more help along in the future, and what did we do? Bought season tickets.
    How many season ticket packages did the Sixers sell after acquiring Bynum? I'd love to know.

I still feel as if Doug had no intentions of ever playing Bynum. Their medical staff assured the brass of what they were getting.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Welcome to America!!!
    They didn't have to sell me anything. I was already in. Iggy and Lou out was enough.

vCash
    So what were thinking is, the FO traded for a guy who they knew was never going to play, just to trick us into buying 2012-13 season tickets? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

vCash
    I laugh when I hear people say this offseason was built around Bynum because I could have swore moultrie, young, brown, wright, and even Ivey were added before they trade. I guess they wouldn't have grabbed Wayns had they not gotten Bynum.

vCash
    Well, obviously, best-case has Bynum playing and 76ers coming out of the East a few times in the next 5-6 years, depending on how long they theoretically extended a healthy Bynum and continued to add pieces around him.

But neither is losing him the end of the world. Many teams in the NBA would like to be in our position. We weren't going to win a title with him this year, anyway (most likely, though there's always lightning-in-a-bottle magic that can happen like the 00-01 squad). And now maybe you can get him on a 1-yr. deal to prove he can play in 13-14.

Sure, in hindsight, there are other things we could have done, but this is far from a devastating development.

I'm very much an old school, win as many games as you can type of guy, but the current NBA model seems to be either to have 3 dominant, star players and win championships, or blow it up and start from scratch. Either is better than being the .500, 1-2 rd. playoff team we were for the last decade.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (11/24/12 Update - Out Indefinitely)

U dont need 3 superstars.

U need 1 superstar, preferably 1 or 2 all-star calibur players and role players.

Problem is there are only like 10-12 superstars in te entire league. And 2 or 3 teams have 2 at once.

Theyre just hard to get, but u dont NEED multiple

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast