Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I dunno, I can't get behind the "it's a hobby, it's ok" thing...if I am an elite starting pitcher in baseball, and I have an elbow or shoulder injury, I don't go to the bar and shoot darts? if he is truly "healing", then you don't go out and do things to potentially disrupt that process...I could see a "hobby" where he goes out to play cards, to whittle, to do anything that has zero to do with his legs....but, he is 7 feet tall which means he has to extend himself lower to get the ball to the lane and contort his body to point of putting more pressure on his INJURED knees...someone HAD to tell him "bowling? are you crazy or do you just not want to play pro basketball again?" If not, then he has the wrong people around him...

to me, this bowling nonsense is just wrong...it almost seems deliberate, almost...not that he wants to be injured, but that he doesn't give a rat's *** about playing baskeetball...
    The type of people he has around him are the same ones who are saying that its fine for him to bowl when he's supposed to be "healing" from chronic knee problems.

vCash
    ^this is my point...

vCash
    I want to see this team succeed, but I have a sinking feeling that Bynum will never suit up for this team....Almost like the Lakers knew they sold us a bill of goods....They got out of his contract before the knees got worse....

vCash

Bynum Injury Update (11/12/12): Out 5-9 More Weeks

Getting out of the contract was never the issue. Hes expiring.

It was more about maximizing value

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    at least we are paying him to bowl, and not rehab...good times....

vCash
    We should all be numb to these kinds of things by now. This is Philadelphia.

vCash

Him bowling shouldnt bother anyone.

This isnt a character issue.

The issue is that something as trivial as bowling cause his "good" knee to swell up, or whatever it did. Just makes one wonder how he would hold up while actually playing basketball.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Him bowling shouldnt bother anyone.

This isnt a character issue.

The issue is that something as trivial as bowling cause his "good" knee to swell up, or whatever it did. Just makes one wonder how he would hold up while actually playing basketball.

It Isn't ? Dude please try not to speak for me, or anyone else. Bowling IS a Major Character Issue cause the activity itself is extremely hard on the Lower Back and knees of perfectly Healthy people. This is a proven fact, and has been discussed by Doctors on TV after this news came out. And, Bynum has no Healthy knee. He has had multiple, multiple knee surgeries on BOTH his knees. They are Dengeneratively bad. A fact that the Bynum Camp has tried to keep secret for 8 years now. But reports surfaced about 2 years ago in L.A. from the Times. Why do you think Jimmy Buss, who FORVER was holding on to his " BOY " ( Bynum )...when countless others like Phil Jackson, Kobe, and Mike Brown all wanted him the FCK out of L.A. for years ? Not just his fragile Body but his EXTREMELY Bad Character, and Immature ways.

Dude really you're coming off Laughable and clueless the way you keep trying to defend Bynum, his Poor actions, and the trade overall. Truly sir you ARE an Island unto yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    It Isn't ? Dude please try not to speak for me, or anyone else. Bowling IS a Major Character Issue cause the activity itself is extremely hard on the Lower Back and knees of perfectly Healthy people. This is a proven fact, and has been discussed by Doctors on TV after this news came out. And, Bynum has no Healthy knee. He has had multiple, multiple knee surgeries on BOTH his knees. They are Dengeneratively bad. A fact that the Bynum Camp has tried to keep secret for 8 years now. But reports surfaced about 2 years ago in L.A. from the Times. Why do you think Jimmy Buss, who FORVER was holding on to his " BOY " ( Bynum )...when countless others like Phil Jackson, Kobe, and Mike Brown all wanted him the FCK out of L.A. for years ? Not just his fragile Body but his EXTREMELY Bad Character, and Immature ways.

Dude really you're coming off Laughable and clueless the way you keep trying to defend Bynum, his Poor actions, and the trade overall. Truly sir you ARE an Island unto yourself.
    none of this true just like all the crap you say. would love to see you try to prove this.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash

Bowling is a recreational activity. None issue.

The stability of his knees is an issue.... Bowling, not so much

If he cant bowl, where do u draw the line? Mini golf? Walking? How about basketball? Lol.

Can he go to dave an busters and play skee ball and air hockey?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Bowling is a recreational activity. None issue.

The stability of his knees is an issue.... Bowling, not so much

If he cant bowl, where do u draw the line? Mini golf? Walking? How about basketball? Lol.

Can he go to dave an busters and play skee ball and air hockey?

After the reports came out, on ESPN's First take, a Doctor came on, and said that Bowling, even though you may say it's recreational, he said that on the knees, it is one of the most destructive forms of activity a person with recovering knee issues can do. And even Skip Bayless, who has been the biggest Bynum fan and excuse maker could no longer defend him. That is why I can say what Bynum did was stupid, and without any regard for the team paying him almost 17 million dollars this season.

And the above 2 & 5 poster is clueless. No matter what, he has made it clear that he LOVES the trade. Loves Bynum. And no matter what, should be re-signed. Even though Bynum's camp is still insisting on a Max contract, and with no buy out clauses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    After the reports came out, on ESPN's First take, a Doctor came on, and said that Bowling, even though you may say it's recreational, he said that on the knees, it is one of the most destructive forms of activity a person with recovering knee issues can do. And even Skip Bayless, who has been the biggest Bynum fan and excuse maker could no longer defend him. That is why I can say what Bynum did was stupid, and without any regard for the team paying him almost 17 million dollars this season.

And the above 2 & 5 poster is clueless. No matter what, he has made it clear that he LOVES the trade. Loves Bynum. And no matter what, should be re-signed. Even though Bynum's camp is still insisting on a Max contract, and with no buy out clauses.
    please show me where i said this. will u just leave already.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    cbAnd now....there is NO time table on when Bynum will return. So much for SOME clueless ones here who say Bynum will be back by January.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...s-indefinitely

vCash
    Stephen A said on Mike Miss. that he has heard 3 different reports: 1. the bowling thing may have just been a cover-up. 2. He also said that this injury could require surgery. 3. That what the 76ers say is true and all he needs is rest.

Kind of covers the entire spectrum of possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Bynum is still doing low-impact rehab and the team is hoping that rest will heal the cartilage. DiLeo said the team is consulting experts around the world and examining Bynum's rehab closely. There will be no more bowling, and DiLeo said Bynum has been instructed to avoid any activity that could cause stress on the knees.

"(The bowling injury) is an unfortunate situation; when the cartilage is in a weakened state anything can happen," DiLeo said. "Basically, you can't do anything that is going to jeopardize any kind of rehab."

Neither the Sixers nor Bynum have talked about a surgical option to repair the cartilage, a move that could knock Bynum out for a year. Last week, Bynum said: "There's no surgical procedures that will really help or are safe to do at the moment. I've just got to bide my time."
    What??? He wasn't suppose to do anything outside of his rehab? Not even bowling?? Oh God, who would have know?

Common sense is a tough course and Bynum has a history of getting Ds and Cs in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast