Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smellsam44 View Post
    You guys are mentally unstable if you think Bynum is dogging it.

HES INJURED
    HES 7 FOOT

im 6'4" and Let me tell you that knee and leg problems take a while to heal on me. I could only imagine a guy whos main job is to jump and to run whos 7 foot as taking a while to heal. Theres absolutely 0 evidence that he's dogging it. Absolutely 0.

This is why stars dont come to philly. The first sign of something bad and you guys freak out.

It blows hard i know, but calm down guys. The giy is injured. It happens
    I so agree with this. None of our teams have home field advantage because way too many fans have embraced national medias perception of us as a-holes. Dude ain't play a minute and people insulting him on a personal level. F-ing idiots!!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    I just don't get why the **** you would go bowling while rehabing messed up knees.
    Thats like deciding to go the gym and squat. like something you should just know to stay away from.

vCash

Bynum Injury Update (11/12/12): Out 5-9 More Weeks

Bowling is bowling..... Aint exactly an injury risk.... Night and day from sqautting at the gym.

Its freakin bowling, whTever

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Bowling is bowling..... Aint exactly an injury risk.... Night and day from sqautting at the gym.

Its freakin bowling, whTever
    Dude, all he has been able to do so far is jog in a pool. He can't even do simple basketball activities yet, bowling is something that puts pressure on your lower body.

Bowling is hardly risky by itself, but when you have lower leg problems that aren't healed yet, you have to be smarter than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Andrew Bynum told people that his most recent knee “setback” occurred while the center was bowling, a source has confirmed. The incident happened within the last two weeks.

The source also said that the team is unhappy with Bynum because of the way the injury happened, and Bynum has “real concerns” about getting a contract after this season, which could be a reason why the center has not yet played.
    The timetable for Bynum’s return that was given by the team on Monday suggested that he could return to basketball related activity on December 10th if there was no further setback. Neither Bynum nor Sixers GM Tony DiLeo was committal when asked whether that timetable was still valid.

Bynum has not yet practiced or played for the Sixers.

A request for comment from the Sixers was not immediately returned.
    I will post this here too since we have 2 Bynum threads.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    @JeffZillgitt: Sixers' Andrew Bynum said he has bowled a few times during knee rehab: "In hindsight, I guess you shouldn't go bowling."

vCash
    dumb move by Bynum smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Dude, all he has been able to do so far is jog in a pool. He can't even do simple basketball activities yet, bowling is something that puts pressure on your lower body.

Bowling is hardly risky by itself, but when you have lower leg problems that aren't healed yet, you have to be smarter than that.
    bowling puts very little stress on the lower body unless you're really good.

Ive bowled for a long time, and am really good at it, and ive bowled with bad legs before. The stregth mostly comes from your lower back and your arms.

also, taking into account he injured his other leg means it was mostly a freak accident. It's not like the guy was friggin wrestling

next we should tell him never to walk up stairs which is way worse for your knees then bowling

vCash
    He is such an assclown.

He makes a mockery of being a professional athlete.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    He is such an assclown.

He makes a mockery of being a professional athlete.
    yes, being injured is making a mockery of being an athlete. He's such a bad person for getting injured in a physically demanding sport.

How dare football players get concussions. F*cking assclowns, they make a mockery of professional sports

vCash
    For many, bowling is their favorite pass time. They go with their family, friends or anyone who wants to have a simple and harmless fun. What most people don’t realize is that this relatively less injury sport can cause its fair share of injuries. The most evident bodily parts that are prone to injuries while bowling are the wrist and the knee.

Most joints have a high degree of passive stability provided by their capsules and ligaments. However, when confronted with extreme point of pressure, even the strongest can give way. When a person bowls, they use certain muscles more than others and in turn isolate them by causing extreme pressure. In the case of bowling, the knee is one such joint. Because of this, bowlers injure themselves without really expecting it or knowing that it is possible.

To ensure that your game of bowling goes uninterrupted and is injury free, there are some easy simple steps that one can consider.

The first thing that anyone can do to prevent knee injuries while bowling is to wear a knee brace. A knee brace will keep the cap in place even during extreme cases of pressure. It will hold ligaments in place and prevent strains and sprains. Even if you don’t want to wear a brace, you can wrap your knee with something tight so as not to allow it to slip or twist. It will also add flexibility and help control your game, not to mention keep your knee injury free.

The next thing is an obvious step that one should do before taking part in any form of physical exercise or movement, which is the stretching. Stretching allows your joints and muscles to limber up so as to prevent stress. Simple stretching exercises are enough to prevent strain. Indulge in some squatting exercises to improve your quadriceps strength. Strengthening your quadriceps will ultimately strengthen your knees. Stand with your feet about shoulder length apart. Lower your body to the ground as if you are about to sit on a chair. Hold this position for 5 seconds and then return to the upright position.

To perfect the game and to prevent yourself from injury, bend your knees slightly when you about to bowl. This will reduce the amount of pressure on your knee.

Another point that most people don’t realize is that proper shoes can make all the difference. A good new pair of shoes will give you the proper glide you need to bowl and will reduce pressure on specific body parts.

Overall there are quite a few preventive measures that bowlers can utilize before and during bowling to prevent knee injuries.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...e-Bowling.html

It actually can be stressful on your knees. I posted this in another thread.

But like most factual things, it isn't accepted around here.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Do you think he rents shoes?

vCash
    lol'd. i sure hope so.

vCash
    Bynum: 'I think it happened bowling.'

#Sixers #Bynum: 'It sucks. ... In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have gone bowling. I don't see anything wrong with bowling.'

#Sixers #Bynum: 'If I get hurt bowling, what would happen dunking?'

#Sixers Collins, asked if there is anything he wants to add to what #Bynum said, shakes head no.

#Bynum says he has been bowling two or three times since he got here.

#Sixers #Bynum says it happened bowling a week ago Saturday.

#Sixers #Bynum: '(One theory with knee issues) is what’s going on with the injections. Also I just have bad cartilage."
    https://twitter.com/tmoorepburbs

Asked if his confidence has wavered about returning this season:

Quote Originally Posted by Bynum
    "I have no idea. I’m playing it day to day, which is probably the wrong thing to do in this situation. I’m just waiting and watching. In the meantime, my knees are still hurting.”
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/si...59812adf8.html

Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Do you think he rents shoes?
    Ah, there is actual photo(shop) evidence of Bynum bowling. Sadly, PSD won't let me share it.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Oh gracious this is dumb. The entire discussion is stupid really.

Live your life Bynum! If you get hurt picking up the mail then it wasn't meant to be.

So happy so many posters are so well versed in the dangers of bowling.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast