Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^so you'd give him the max? i would say anything less bynum would immediately get turned off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    ^so you'd give him the max? i would say anything less bynum would immediately get turned off.
    I never said I'd give him the max. I said it's up to the Sixers. If they offer him the max, regardless of who else offers him a contract, he's staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    ^do you think bynum resigns if we miss the playoffs?
    I think he'll be a Sixer next year.....

vCash
    I would

vCash
    best case we get top 3 pick in the draft and resign bynum, use the remaining cap space to sign an all star SF and then we're THERE! soooooo....close.

vCash
    There wouldnt be cap spce

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    There wouldnt be cap spce
    Speaking of cap space,

How would you like to have this guy on our team for only $1.7M and locked in for the next 3 years.

Wait, we did have him and didn't play him.

Stats from his last 10 games:

Games :10
    MINS :36.8
    FG%: .548
    RPG : 14.9
    BLOCKS: 1.0
    PPG: 14.1
    STEALS : 3.6
    I really think Collins has to take blame for losing him.
    Last edited by Kevin_PA; 01-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Speaking of cap space,

How would you like to have this guy on our team for only $1.7M and locked in for the next 3 years.

Wait, we did have him and didn't play him.

Stats from his last 10 games:

Games :10
    MINS :36.8
    FG%: .548
    RPG : 14.9
    BLOCKS: 1.0
    PPG: 14.1
    STEALS : 3.6
    I really think Collins has to take blame for losing him.
    yea lets blame collins for trading Vuc in a deal to get one of the most domiant big men in the game. might wanna hold off on that one til we see Bynum play

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    lol c'mon, when I heard we got bynum I couldn't care less that we had to let go of Vuc and Harkless in the deal. It was a no-brainer. I'm not going to blame our F.O for acquiring potentially the best C in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    lol c'mon, when I heard we got bynum I couldn't care less that we had to let go of Vuc and Harkless in the deal. It was a no-brainer. I'm not going to blame our F.O for acquiring potentially the best C in the game.
    This i dont get why people are still talking about Vuc like we could have kept him in the bynum deal or somthing? lol

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    This i dont get why people are still talking about Vuc like we could have kept him in the bynum deal or somthing? lol
    Exactly it's pretty much like any big time trade like this. You have to give up something to get something in return. Al Jefferson put up really good numbers in Minnesota but the Celtics got Garnett in return. I don't think Celtic fans are upset.
    Last edited by bootsy; 01-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Because we could have kept him if we had worked the deal properly.

I comend you on your excitement for Bynum, and hope that he is the savior of the franchise. However, we're not even sure if he will be able to play a full schedule after the All Star game, let alone want to sign a contract with Philly when he could in theory sign with Dallas next year. Yes, I know it would be for a year less, thus less money.

Dallas has better pieces and has the cap space. We have Jrue and Thad, and that is about it.

My own personal feeling is, that we need to unload ET first and foremost. Between you, me and him, I would take either one of us over him in a shooting contest.

vCash
    Cant trade ET cause u wont get value

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    sorry man but the MAgic we giving up Howard they had to get a big man back, Vuc was our best one. HAd we kept Vuc and Bynum had been playing most of this season he would not be having hte same type of season he is having and if he had been playing good with Bynum out we would prob deal him anyway since he would become a valuuable asset to get another all star level player

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    More progress seen at Thursday's practice:

Andrew Bynum was noticeable at Sixers practice on Thursday -- for more than his hair -- because he added movement to his shooting drills.

Bynum, after the Sixers’ practice concluded, shot for 10 to 15 minutes. Unlike earlier in the week, he was taking a couple steps into his jumpers.

Again, the progress was visible.

On Sunday, Bynum and Sixers head coach Doug Collins happened to be at the team’s practice facility at the same time working out. The coach took the opportunity to share a thought he had for the sidelined center two months ago.

“I said this is something I told our team Game 4 against Miami on Easter Sunday,” Collins said of his first season with the Sixers. “I said, ‘Where there is hope there is faith and where there is faith there is life and when you have life, you can live it to the fullest.’”

On that Sunday, the Sixers were staring a sweep in the face on their home floor. That was until the Sixers had an incredible final 1:35 in which they outscored the Heat 10-0 to win 86-82 and extend the series.

Despite facing an uphill battle against the mighty Miami Heat that postseason, Collins’ squad still went into that game with hope. That belief turned into a thrilling win in Game 4 that the team ultimately benefited from in the long run.

What Collins saw in his young team at that time, he now sees in the recovering Bynum.

“All you want is a chance, you want hope,” Collins said of what he expressed to Bynum. “You are starting to get hope again. I am sure there are nights where you lie awake in bed and that hope has turned into despair saying, ‘What is happening with my career? Am I going to be able to do it again? Are my legs going to get healthy? That $100 million I was looking at in the bank, where is this all now?’

“I want you to have this now because I sense in you are starting to have hope again. Once you have hope, good things can happen and with hope also comes a real humility how quickly it can be lost.”
    http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...537&feedID=704

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast