Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm going to keep assuming ASG is a best case scenario, but that would be cool. That's a month away, and there will be 32 games left.

vCash
    Here's a wrap up on his progress today from Tom Moore:

PHILADELPHIA — The big guy smiled after shooting publicly for the first time as a 76er.
    “I’m coming along well,” said injured center Andrew Bynum after Monday’s practice. “It’s time to get ready to play.”

After shooting standstill shots from close to the basket, mid-range and 3-point range with associate head coach Michael Curry for roughly 15 minutes, Bynum, who also began running on an anti-gravity machine Monday, told reporters he’s pain-free despite the bone bruises in both knees and that it’s “the best I’ve felt in a long, long time.”

While pointing out that he has plenty of work to do before he’ll be in game shape and that there’s no timetable for his return, Bynum is hoping for “around the all-star break.”
    The Sixers’ final game prior to the break is Feb. 13 in Milwaukee. Their first opponent following the break is Minnesota on Feb. 20. They have 30 regular-season contests following the road meeting with the Timberwolves.

The 16-22 Sixers, who host the Hornets on Tuesday, play 11 of their 13 games prior to the break at the Wells Fargo Center.

Bynum averaged 18.7 points, 11.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks for the Lakers last season, when he was voted the starting center on the Western Conference all-star team.

“I feel much better, mentally,” Bynum said. “I woke up today and I’m ready to go and I can go work out, versus the alternative of just sitting around all day. The waiting is over.”

Bynum, who didn’t wear a knee brace, shot well from behind the arc, but didn’t fare as well with his flat-footed attempts from the foul line.

“My touch feels pretty good,” Bynum said. “I’ve got to work on my timing and lateral movement.”

The 7-foot Bynum, who said he weighs 300 pounds but looks like he’s close to his playing weight from a year ago, also said he hasn’t sprinted yet or worked on accelerating and decelerating, let alone participate in basketball drills and scrimmaging.

Acquired in an Aug. 10 trade involving Dwight Howard and Andre Iguodala, Bynum hasn’t appeared in an NBA game since May 21, when the Thunder eliminated the Lakers from the playoffs in six games.

“I’m not back, but I’m going in a good direction,” said Bynum, 25. “It’s all positive. We’re progressing because I’m not feeling anything (pain). We’re going to continue to do that.”
    Bynum’s teammates said they were encouraged to see him on the court.

“It’s always good to see Andrew out there,” said Jrue Holiday. “He’s a workhorse. He’s always getting treatment and doing what he has to do to get back on the court.”
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/si...897402a5b.html

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post

That's cool.

vCash
    he looks good - maybe it was just the hair.

a while when he really let the hair go...omg...

and going back to some of the other posts - yes i think doug collins should be canned - or rather we've plateued with doug. different people have different learning styles. Some can take the criticism and get better while others need to be built up...and D league might not always cut it. if we're getting blown out why not give the young guy a shot rather than kwame?

another observation from the houston game... was it just me or when did turner start doing all those and1 moves? anyone see what i was talking about? is this new?

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (1/14/13 Update): Shooting, Running, Targeting Allstar Break

Maybe this is sad in itself, but it really excites me just to watch Bynum shoot a basketball while wearing a Sixers shirt haha.

vCash
    ^i feel the same way -

they say he is 300 lbs? he looks slim...

vCash
    this is very exciting.... sign of good things.

if he looks in shape at 300lbs thats a good sign as well....

although hes gonna play himself down to 280 just from playing/practicing

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Amazing news, be nice to see this guy have an Impact for us.

vCash
    I like hearing the following things:
    Running rather than jogging.
    Using weights. Not just using but being explosive.
    Moving laterally.

I add that up, and it sounds more like he's no longer in rehab...but getting into basketball shape.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    not trying to get ahead of myself, but if bynum can be a franchise center, and i think we see that holiay can be a solid robin.... what does that mean going forward?

i guess thad would be our 3rd best player, is he good enough for that?

im hoping that bynums mere presence fixes the whole 'getting to the rim/line' thing, but the long 2s have been a staple of collins offense for too long, just gotta pray that the lanes open up and things change, right?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    A healthy Bynum, or at least a Bynum that we could hypothetically count on for 60ish games a season and playoffs, is a complete game changer for the franchise. Bynum/Jrue could definitely be a lethal combo, and besides his own production, the mere presence of Bynum could fix a lot of those problems.

As for Thad being the 3rd option guy, I'm not sure if that's good enough for a "championship caliber" team. I'm all for giving it a shot, at least, but Thad would definitely be expendable. Literally every player except Jrue and Bynum would be expendable. We would have a lot of options/flexibility as long as we're smart with the cap. But knowing the history of the Sixers giving out contracts, that's a risky assumption.

And the reason I say 60 games a season for Bynum, is because if we extend him, you just have to assume that he's going to miss time every year. Either do to injury, or because we're resting him a lot as a precaution. Given his knee problems, it would just be irresponsible to send him out there 82 games a season, even if he's healthy.

vCash
    Sixer fans will be happy they obtained and did not trade ABynum. He's a perfect fit for the Philly roster right now.

vCash
    ^do you think bynum resigns if we miss the playoffs?

vCash
    ^I think that if the Sixers want him and are willing to pay him in accordance with his market, then he'll resign. I think it's more on the Sixers wanting to commit to him than him being hesitant about signing with us.

Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast