Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I would still do the trade and still sign bynum to a max deal.
    Me too, but I don't know about the max deal part. At this point, he doesn't deserve a max deal. Way too risky for our franchise.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    I def disagree with this. No matter what team or what sport you look at the guy making the most money is usually A. the best player and B. the face of the franchise, is it not? I'm pretty sure that's all he was saying.
    Brand and iggy say hi

2012 allstar

vCash
    Brand was signed to be our best player before that Iggy was extended to be the face of the franchise

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    let me first say that i'm pro jrue and i believe if bynum is healthy then we can definitely make some noise. I like the progression of the growth of jrue, turner, and young.

That being said, i have a huge problem paying big money to bynum UP FRONT before he has 1) played a game 2) has chronic problem of injury 3) and could be an injury away from career ending surgery. Do you want every day for the next 5 years to revolve around any sort of announcement regarding bynum every time he falls down, or bumps knees, or goes bowling? My point is we don't just have to bank on bynum working out, we can also use him to leverage a trade and rebuild our franchise. tbh we didn't start from the bottom like a cleveland or OKC and we still don't have a franchise player (since you apparently are arguing bynum is just a money maker and not the main guy) and jrue being a franchise player is debateable. so why not trade him for cousins + fillers + picks and continue to rebuild. Let jrue/evan get more exp and then get hot at the right time.

getting andrew bynum was a short cut out of mediocrity and we are banking HEAVILY on jrue's/evan's progress. Yet without him we're not even above .500 and if we drafted today we'd probably be in the teens again.
    You do know DMC is shooting 41% as a center and Tyrike Evans is awful right? thats not good value for Bynum
    however T rob and Marcus Thornton is

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Brand was signed to be our best player before that Iggy was extended to be the face of the franchise
    yes he was signed to be but it doesnt matter at the end of the day iggy was the best player on the team
    this will work the same way
    resign Bynum
    Holiday will be making less than bynum
    but holiday will still be our true best player/frist option

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    So what ur basically saying is that bynum will be the best player and probable mvp on jrue holidays sixer team?
    This post is overrating Bynum just a bit there BC I argee with myles Holiday is only going to get better from here he will probably be the number 1 option in fact id put money on it Bynum would be the number 2.
    Bynum might not even be a top ten player let alone an MVP now yes he is better than holiday but that doesnt mean he will be our Go to guy people need to learn the difference.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    But brand wasn't the face and he made more than iggy and it was iggys team. Varejao makes more than Irving. Was rashard Lewis the face of any team he played for?

Your point is weak.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    This post is overrating Bynum just a bit there BC I argee with myles Holiday is only going to get better from here he will probably be the number 1 option in fact id put money on it Bynum would be the number 2.
    Bynum might not even be a top ten player let alone an MVP now yes he is better than holiday but that doesnt mean he will be our Go to guy people need to learn the difference.
    Thank you. There is a distinct difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    But brand wasn't the face and he made more than iggy and it was iggys team. Varejao makes more than Irving. Was rashard Lewis the face of any team he played for?

Your point is weak.
    While I understand your point myles I still don't really agree. Comparing Varejao to Irving is flawed because he's still in his rookie contract and there's no need for the Cavs to throw all this money at him right now. Give it another year or two and I can promise he will be paid as the best player and franchise player, correct? Rashard Lewis is a valid point but then again there are far further examples that I believe verify 2-one-5's point than yours, imo. Below I'll list a couple just for sake of arguing.

Derrick Rose- 16.5 mil
    Dirk Nowitzki- 20 mil
    Kevin Love- 15 mil
    Kevin Durant- 16 mil

And before all this Bynum injury stuff popped up before the season started when we thought he would start the season as our C did we not think he would be our go to go therefore opening shots for everyone else? If this is the case I think he would be our first option.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    My point is there no rule that more money equals team leader. Sometimes it is sometimes its not. And by the same token as the varejao Irving thing, jrue wasn't qualified to make as much as Bynum. He didn't achieve any of the benchmarks and he too was coming off rookie contract. It was a big win for Sixers to lock him up at this rate before he proved he deserved much more. Last year Lou was one of the leaders and had one if the lowest salaries.

Just throw the money argument out the window. There are several reason why one guy could get paid more than another besides being a team leader.

vCash
    While I understand your point myles I still don't really agree. Comparing Varejao to Irving is flawed because he's still in his rookie contract and there's no need for the Cavs to throw all this money at him right now. Give it another year or two and I can promise he will be paid as the best player and franchise player, correct? Rashard Lewis is a valid point but then again there are far further examples that I believe verify 2-one-5's point than yours, imo. Below I'll list a couple just for sake of arguing.

Derrick Rose- 16.5 mil
    Dirk Nowitzki- 20 mil
    Kevin Love- 15 mil
    Kevin Durant- 16 mil

And before all this Bynum injury stuff popped up before the season started when we thought he would start the season as our C did we not think he would be our go to go therefore opening shots for everyone else? If this is the case I think he would be our first option.
    I sure as **** didn't I expected Bynum to have a down year even if he played and i expected Holiday to pick up the slack.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    My point is there no rule that more money equals team leader. Sometimes it is sometimes its not. And by the same token as the varejao Irving thing, jrue wasn't qualified to make as much as Bynum. He didn't achieve any of the benchmarks and he too was coming off rookie contract. It was a big win for Sixers to lock him up at this rate before he proved he deserved much more. Last year Lou was one of the leaders and had one if the lowest salaries.

Just throw the money argument out the window. There are several reason why one guy could get paid more than another besides being a team leader.
    Like?
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Like?
    Being harder to replace. (think Centers or guys with elite skill sets)

2012 allstar

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (12/21/12 Mayan Doomsday Update - DiLeo Annoucement at 5:30pm)

I think the sixers will and should play inside out when bynum plays.... So he will be our 1st option and he will by a wide margin take up most of the opposing defenses attention.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    You do know DMC is shooting 41% as a center and Tyrike Evans is awful right? thats not good value for Bynum
    however T rob and Marcus Thornton is
    I agree but T rob is another four - which we have thad/moultrie/hawes etc.

thornton plays SG which we have turner/jrich

'true' centers are exceptionally rare in the league - most that come out of college are hybrid ones. cousins is playing horrible now but his rookie year he had some crazy numbers. if you could get t rob and thornton im all for it, but cousins is the 'rare' "healthy' commodity that we may not see for another 5 years.

Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast