Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From everything I have read he wants to play badly. He has been engaged with the team during any chance possible (practices, timeouts, ect.). I think he is just as depressed as we are and was looking forward to the chance to lead a team.

Whether or not his own foolishness caused this situation or the 76ers exaggerated the timetable for his return has, will, and deserves to be debated. His want to play is something that is stupid to question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Well if he DOES want to be here i want him here a 7 foot 2 Physically dominate specimen with decent footwork and skills around the Basket is beyond rare specifically one that excels on the glass.
    Injury or no Injury id Resign him without much thought about it
    even if there was only a 50 50 chance he would ever be the same i take that chance anytime becuase if he is healthy we could become a Force.
    I feel you!

But...
    We must tread lightly.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/s...tryID=10472185

Tony DiLeo interview.

Mid-December we will know the fate of our franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    The Lakers weren't even a force with Bynum, and that was with Kobe, Gasol, and many other players who are better then ours. And Bynum has never ever been a first, second or even a third option on the Lakers. He never saw a Double team ever cause Kobe and Gasol got all the defensive attention. But here, Bynum would be double-teamed, and pounded on down low. Look, he has the Physical body, and a few fundamental skills. But bottom line is, his knees are totally shot. And it is medically Impossible that they can be fixed. And that was a Quote 2 years ago from Dr. James Andrews who examined him. And he is the BEST Doctor in the world. Take in his Bad, Immature Attitude, even after 7 years in the league...and that makes the Sixers total SUCKERS for ever trading for him. But, some people ( Meanning you )..can't
    see the forest through the trees.
    So your saying with the way Jrue and Turner are playing and if bynum plays at least as well as he did last season when he comes back you dont thing we can be a bully physically?
    stars next to average or above hights
    Jrue PG 6.4*
    J Rich SG 6.6*
    Turner SF 6.7
    Spencer Hawes PF 7.1*
    Andrew Bynum C 7.2*
    We should be able to absolutely BULLY other teams
    and they will cover up a ton of weaknesses in each players game
    Not to mention with Nick young Dorell wright Jrue holiday Evan turner (mid ranged or in the corner)
    malik wanyes (proving to be a decent shooter)
    and even Thad and hawes from 15 to 22 feet
    we have many shooters that can easly make teams pay for doubling Bynum
    Id be perfectly happy with
    16 PPG
    3.5 APG (doable if bynum improves his passing out of the double)
    11 RPG
    and 1.5 BPG
    those numbers are higher than what i posted before the season yes but seeing this team play without him has changed my mind on how effective we can be in the first year of these guys together if for about 30 or 40 games plus the playoffs we get that out of bynum we instantly become the 2nd best team in the east.
    Last edited by thevcballer; 12-01-2012 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    The Bynum sucks guy is overboard....not arguing against that. But I admit that I somewhat agree with many of his points. We've never actually seen Bynum operate as the focal point of a half court offense....or as a guy who routinely drew double teams. The Bynum of last season would clearly make us better, and one of the top 4 teams in the East. But from what I saw, he still had some improvements to make if he was going to make us a true contender. And it sure looked to me even last season that his knees weren't exactly those of a spry 24 y/o. The bowling while injured....with obviously chronic knee issues....didn't exactly inspire confidence in the face of some questions about his attitude/past decisions either.

If he comes back late in the season and plays well 10-30 games (including playoffs), is that really that great for our franchise? It means we might commit to him long term and regret it. I don't have a crystal ball. And I can't totally blame the FO for obtaining him. But this whole thing was always a gamble.

If the Sixers commit to Bynum financially, I sure hope they find a way to move a couple other contracts. Or the improvement of the roster is possibly stagnated. The loss of the future 1st round picks is already working against us in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (11/24/12 Update - Out Indefinitely)

We didnt gamble much.

If we still had brand would u even care? Remember he was amnestied well before the bynum trade.

Bynum gave this team the chance to be something legitimate, we didnt have that chance before.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Iguodala, Vuc, and two 1st round picks is usually the type of value you might get for a healthy star player....not one with an injury history. It was a gamble. But you are missing the point. The bigger gamble is not what we gave up....it's that we actually re-sign him and he doesn't become what we hope....or healthy enough to even give it a good shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    The guy’s track record is very questionable at best 76ers did a good job of getting out of some bad contracts withIggy/Brand last off-season. So why add another one with this Bum.
    What’s another season or 2 going to mean in a long run without him. He’s a Cancer and a malcontent, move on without him and use that $$ for a Player who will show up and play and be a Team Player.
    76ers are not a Top 4 Team in the Eastern Conference regardless of Bynum’s Status so plan for the Future and use that $$ for 2 Solid Contributors.The Knicks and even the Heat have some age creeping up on them. Bulls are still a ? without a 100% healthy Rose.
    Last edited by 76erEaglePhils; 12-05-2012 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Iguodala, Vuc, and two 1st round picks is usually the type of value you might get for a healthy star player....not one with an injury history. It was a gamble. But you are missing the point. The bigger gamble is not what we gave up....it's that we actually re-sign him and he doesn't become what we hope....or healthy enough to even give it a good shot.
    Kind of agree with this, but not totally.

Iggy, Vuc, and two firsts is a great package. But it's so rare that a 24-25 year old allstar center with superstar potential is dealt, that the value in that is exponentially more than what you usually see when a typical star player is traded.

Think about the flip side of it. The Lakers didn't trade Bynum for Iggy, Vuc, and some picks. They traded him for Dwight - probably the only player they'd ever have traded Bynum for, even with Bynum's injury history. They even refused to trade him for Chris Paul when they had the chance. That says something about the value a player like that holds.

While we gave up a lot, for a player like Bynum who was coming off a healthy season where it looked like he was just starting to blossom into true superstardom and become the next dominant center of the game (at only 24-25 years old), it was still a steal at the time.

vCash
    Swelling has gone down in both knees

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...d_Dec__20.html

Kinda good news, I guess. I'll be eagerly waiting for the 20th haha.

vCash
    THATS AWESOME!!! Hopefully they keep going down before his evaluation.

vCash

Bynum Injury Thread (11/24/12 Update - Out Indefinitely)

A glimmer of hope.

Lol

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    would be an awesome xmas present!

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    just stay out of the bowling lanes...

vCash
    The swelling going down is arumor felows, nd it's n big de. That's what happens when you are not workig out, and pumpingreat amounts of blood trough the knee. The real Issue is when Bynum does play, and gets about 300 minutes, that same swelling wil happen again. Jst lik it has for he past 6 straiht year in L.A.. Only no, with his past pounding,is already ONFIRMED Degenerative knees are weakening the cartlidge even worse. Like I said people, already BD Knees on a 25 yea old cannot gt better. There iNO Medcal cure or procedure hat can fix tem. This is why i woul be stupid for Philly to re-sign his guy. Only way I would be behindit is IF Philly gave him a Max deal, but had the right to option out of it after any season of the contract...year 1, 2...whatever. for say a Buy out of 2 million dollars. That way if Bynum does contnue to have knee issues, Philly can just opt out. But guarantee Bynum, or his agent will accept that. They will ant a MAX deal all Guaranteed...with no opt out or buy out clause. But, if Bynum truly feels he can get, and remain healthy, then he and his agent shouldn't mind such a stipulation, cause if Bynum remained healthy, no way would the Sixers ever use that Opt out......right ?

So if Philly can re-sign Bynum with that yearly Opt-out, then I would be behind
    re-signing him. If Bynum refused,then I would let him walk outright.

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast