Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I also recall AI getting fined for missing a team bowling event (for sponsors or something) a few weeks before he got traded, and it getting played up as a sign of his worsening relationship with the team.

I really think I'm onto something here.

vCash
    The infamous Iverson bowling brawl (actual footage at 1:07): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EMLbCCAz4

bholly is right. Bowling is the source of all our problems.

vCash
    If he can injure himself bowling, this is a clear indication of how fragile this dude is... I wouldn't re-sign him period. Just cut our losses at the end of the season.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    id resign him for 2 years 20 mil if that was possible. let him prove he can stay (relatively) healthy and what he can do for this team. If it goes well then u can pay the man

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    The infamous Iverson bowling brawl (actual footage at 1:07): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EMLbCCAz4

bholly is right. Bowling is the source of all our problems.

I ****ing HATE bowling

vCash
    Am I the only one pissed at Bynum for bowling? I understand it seems like a rather innocuous athletic feat....but that can't compare to moderate trainer-supervised conditioning in a controlled environment....in shoes that actually have soles.....

Dude hasn't grown up yet. I'm growing increasingly irritated that we traded Iggy/Vuc/our 1st rounder in a deep draft for him and JRich's contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Don't forget Mo Harkless, I liked him.

vCash
    I didn't, but he's obviously someone who the Magic had an interest in at draft time. I'm sure at least some fraction of why we drafted him was for that reason.

Whether Harkless is liked as a prospect or not....it's hard to argue against that pick having more value than usual in an NBA draft.

vCash
    He's proving to be a very good rebounding SF in the very few minutes he's getting. He's also an athletic freak who has been knocking down shots.

One of my good friends is the Director of Communications for the Orlando Magic and he said he's struggling on defense, but the FO loves him. They're planning on building around him as the future SF.

Apparently Moe doesn't drink, smoke, or even swear. He has no tattoos and is practically a boy scout.

vCash
    I can see why a hapless Orlando franchise with a young, stinky, roster and few future building blocks would have an interest in him and ignore the several more well rounded players still left in the draft.....especially if they are already getting a young 7 footer with post game in the trade.

But the Sixers fell too much in love with his 19 y/o upside IMO. I hated the pick, was never in love with the idea of trading for Bynum, and now have old grumpy feelings re-surfacing after this bowling incident.

Maybe I need a nap.

vCash

Bynum Injury Update (11/12/12): Out 5-9 More Weeks

It was a good trade even if bynum never plays for philly.

We werent going anywhere with iggy. At least bynum is a valuable expiring contract, and piece in a sign and trade.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    PHILADELPHIA — The 76ers let Andrew Bynum break the news about the latest setback with his damaged knees on Friday, then acted as if they weren’t sure what was going on with the guy they’re paying $16.5 million this season.

The truth is that the 7-foot, 285-pound former All-Star center who has yet to play a game as a Sixer may be out for the season and will learn in December, at the earliest, whether he’ll require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year.

If that’s the case, the market value for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent is likely shot.

One internationally respected orthopedic surgeon, who is not involved with Bynum’s treatment and has not seen his MRIs, told The News Journal that all of the information that has been released by the player and the Sixers points to a likely diagnosis of osteochondritis dessicans lesions. The surgeon said that if this is the case, there’s a small chance that Bynum’s knees could heal sufficiently on their own in time for him to return for the playoffs this season, but called that scenario “wishing on a star.”

“While they can heal non-operatively, they can take a long time (four to six months) to heal, and in adult athletes, frequently they will require surgical intervention at some point if there isn’t adequate healing within the first several months of treatment,” the surgeon said.

He added that if the 25-year-old returns to the court too early and the lesions become large enough, the condition could become career threatening. The surgeon spoke on condition of anonymity because Bynum is not his patient, but this probable diagnosis, given the player’s symptoms and treatment thus far, is backed up by reams of medical literature.
    http://www.thedailyjournal.com/artic...ORTS/311200009

Not sure how trusted the source is but either way this is NOT GOOD. Anyone think He'll never lace up in a Sixers jersey?

vCash
    I dont know whats going on with bynum but it is what it is. I like how you moaning men are in a frenzy though lmao. You dudes act like little whiney girls. Its too funny. now hes immature because he went bowling lol. The facts are we have a good team without him, if he comes back thatll be awesome and even better. If not we move on this off season. Who cares about a first round pick thatll be in the 20s.

vCash
    ^We dont contend without Bynum...

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Am I the only one pissed at Bynum for bowling? I understand it seems like a rather innocuous athletic feat....but that can't compare to moderate trainer-supervised conditioning in a controlled environment....in shoes that actually have soles.....

Dude hasn't grown up yet. I'm growing increasingly irritated that we traded Iggy/Vuc/our 1st rounder in a deep draft for him and JRich's contract.
    I think we all are its a complete bone headed decision

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast