Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So we ain't winning a ring...are we.

Go ahead. I can take it.

vCash
    i dont think anyone really thought we were gonna be winning a ring this year....

but back to the original question.... i cant really come up with any potential contender than lost its franchise player for a big chunk of the season except for MJ in '95.

so without a sample size.... its an impossible question to answer.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Well, our first round pick is lottery protected, so assuming we sign Bynum, having a lottery pick + an improved jrue + bynum wouldn't be bad.

Honestly though, if you have any semblance of talent and play hard every night, you might be able to make the playoffs as a bottom feeder. Not saying that is the ideal, but its possible.

I want to see 20 games played before I make any judgments about this team. Obviously losing Iggy and not having Bynum hurts.
    Sick! I was wondering if the pick was lottery protected or not. Even without Bynum though.. I see us finishing no worse than .500.
    I'm also thinking that if we do make the lottery, maybe Bynum says f@wk this and bolts for Houston
    Now I'm thinking.. what if we ship out ET, etc for Gordon(him n Bynum out till Jan) finish with a terrible record.. then next yr we got Jrue,EJ,Bynum, Top 5 draft pick idk idk this only now came to mind lol.. plenty possibilities, I ain't trippin yet...

vCash
    MK, I'm pretty sure you're on record as agreeing we might not make the playoffs if Bynum misses significant time - has your opinion changed based on the play so far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    MK, I'm pretty sure you're on record as agreeing we might not make the playoffs if Bynum misses significant time - has your opinion changed based on the play so far?
    I'm not on record saying that. I've on team playoff bound regardless of Bynum no Bynum. Them two words under my name say it all.

But I did question if missing the playoffs would be such a bad thing. That might be the confusion. There is a part of me that thinks the lottery might immediately propel us to the finals. However I think we are too talented for that. So we would have to trade away functional pieces for it to happen.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 11-13-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Bynum Injury Update (11/12/12): Out 5-9 More Weeks

I think we make the playoffs regardless of bynum....

Unfortunately we wont have a great pick if we do miss.... Not a bottom 5-8 team no matter what.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I'm not on record saying that. I've on team playoff bound regardless of Bynum no Bynum. Them two words under my name say it all.

But I did question if missing the playoffs would be such a bad thing. That might be the confusion. There is a part of me that thinks the lottery might immediately propel us to the finals. However I think we are too talented for that. So we would have to trade away functional pieces for it to happen.
    Okay, I must have misinterpreted.

vCash

Bynum Injury Update (11/12/12): Out 5-9 More Weeks

I do like that kid from kentucky tho.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    i dont think anyone really thought we were gonna be winning a ring this year....

but back to the original question.... i cant really come up with any potential contender than lost its franchise player for a big chunk of the season except for MJ in '95.

MJ in his 2nd year also.

David Robinson 96-97. He missed all but 6 games that season. They ended up winning the lottery and getting Duncan.

vCash
    I honestly don't think Bynum would bolt anywhere after this season. If for nothing else, just because we can offer him the most money, so he'd want to stay here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    MJ in his 2nd year also.

David Robinson 96-97. He missed all but 6 games that season. They ended up winning the lottery and getting Duncan.
    This is kinda what I'm thinking about above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    I honestly don't think Bynum would bolt anywhere after this season. If for nothing else, just because we can offer him the most money, so he'd want to stay here.
    I don't think that's the biggest motivating factor for the super rich. If that was the case many more team would have been in the running. Plus, Wouldn't he make more money in a city with no state tax?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    This is kinda what I'm thinking about above
    Is there a Duncan coming out in next year's lottery. If there is I'd sign up for it. Muhammed, Noel, Zeller?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

MJ in his 2nd year also.

The bulls werent title contenders in jordans 2nd year.... More like a playoff team with a budding superstar.

The robinson spurs dont qualify cause he didnt play at all and wasnt available for a playoff run even if they did make the playoffs....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I can easily see bynum bolting in the off season. Nothing so far has convinced me otherwise.

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast