Jrue Holiday
    Roy Hibbard
    Paul George
    Kenneth Fareed
    Iggy

vCash

Where Would We Be.

Depends on a lot....

Honestly in retrospect in the 2010 draft id prefer to have greg monroe to paul george..... Just a personal preference and i know its not a super popular choice, but we would have gotten extra value on top, so that would be nice.

As for hibbert, i think serge ibaka is much better and on a cheaper deal, so thats where id go with that.

Ultimately wed be pretty damn good if monroe and ibaka developed together and jrue and iggy played well on the wings.... Would cause a lot of matchup problems.

As for faried, i still say thats very dependent on not resigning thad, so with him gone, or even woth vuc, wed have a very formidable frontline moving forward that would be very versatile, tough, and cause matchup problems.

Problem is if collins was coaching thered still be no dribble-drive penetration, although iggy would run the fast break better, so wed have that in the arsenal....

So i say wed need a better coach, but the roster would be much better obviously.... But i like my guys much better than the ones u put out there.

Good thread tho.... Kind of fun and thought provoking "what if" thread. I like it.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Where Would We Be.

I like this lineup:

Jrue
    ______?
    Iggy
    Monroe
    Ibaka

Bench:
    Brand
    Vuc
    Thad

Obviously a hole at the 2, need a backup pg and definitely a couple of wings

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I am enjoying the bricklayer in Denver. The rest would be good though.

vCash
    Hard to tell just because each of these players development may have been stunted if they hadn't arrived on the teams they were drafted to. We would definitely be much better than we are now, but I don't believe we would have been a championship team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    We have one...had one...and picked a different three in the draft:

Jrue Holiday
    Roy Hibbard
    Paul George
    Kenneth Fareed
    Iggy
    I've only watched the past 3-4 drafts very closely. So I forgot we took Speights over Hibbert. Wow. That wasn't smart.

If I we're the GM the past few years, we probably would have had all of Faried, Marhson Brooks, Tyler Zeller and Paul George, not traded for Bynum, and had extra picks to burn going into the next couple drafts instead of the situation we have now. Iggy would probably either be already gone or about to go for a pick as well.
    Only big blunder was my Biyombo man crush. But no one in the top 7 would have given us their pick for Iggy anyway. I wouldn't have given more than that. So I would have been saved from myself on that one.

Man. Most front offices just suck with talent evaluation.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 05-12-2013 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    Hindsight is always 20/20 so it's easy to go back and say the Sixers should have drafted this player instead of that player. For instance, there's no way any team would have taken George over ET. They were just too far apart on any draft board for that to be considered a reasonable suggestion. However, there were a couple moves that could have been made to change the course of the Sixers drafts.

1) The Sixers trade Iggy in 2010 like they should have. The deal I liked at the time was with Houston for McGrady and a future 1st. However, let's assume Iggy becomes part of the McGrady to NY deal. Sixers get Martin and NY's 2012 1st and an expiring, Houston get's Iggy and Dalembert.

2) The Sixers never hire the out of touch Doug Collins and instead hire a young asst willing to be patient and develop players.

These two moves could have drastically changed their course. First of all, the Sixers would have never moved up in the ET draft. They would have wound up drafting either Favors, Cousins, or Monroe. The following year, without Collins the Sixers get a lot of experience to their young guys like Jrue and Monroe. However, with Martin the team is not horrible but finishes just out of the playoffs and gets the 11th pick and take Klay Thompson.

So far the Sixers have Jrue, Monroe or Favors, Martin, Thompson and two firsts in the 2012 draft. In 2012 the Sixers move up to take Lamb or draft Henson and then take Ty Zeller with NY's pick If the history continues the Sixers will trade Martin, Lamb or Henson and a couple of 1sts for Harden giving them this linueup.

Jrue
    Harden
    Thompson
    Brand - never amnestied
    Monroe

Zeller
    Thad
    Lou Williams- probably resigned given the Sixers roster

That team makes the playoffs and with Brand coming off the books, could be a major player for Dwight this offseason. I realize some of this is my own design but not entirely out of possibility. If only the Sixers had traded Iggy in 2010 and not hired DC.

vCash

Where Would We Be.

Lets just go back to the AI trade....

Not win all those meaningless games behind andre miller, iggy, and joe smith, and take that losing record all the way to kevin durant (or noah or horford)

Wait, billy king wanted yi jianlian.... ****!

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I clearly remember before the Sixers went on that run to end the season they had the 5th or 6th worse record, which is what Portland and Seattle finished with I believe.

That still irritates me...even if they would have got Oden.

vCash
    who is Roy Hibbard?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I've only watched the past 3-4 drafts very closely. So I forgot we took Speights over Hibbert. Wow. That wasn't smart.

If I we're the GM the past few years, we probably would have had all of Faried, Marhson Brooks, Tyler Zeller and Paul George, not traded for Bynum, and had extra picks to burn going into the next couple drafts instead of the situation we have now. Iggy would probably either be already gone or about to go for a pick as well.
    Only big blunder was my Biyombo man crush. But no one in the top 7 would have given us their pick for Iggy anyway. I wouldn't have given more than that. So I would have been saved from myself on that one.

Man. Most front offices just suck with talent evaluation.
    What makes you think it's easy to evaluate talent? It's been is way in every sport from the very beginning. There is no fool proof way of knowing exactly how a player is going to contribute when he gets in the NBA.

vCash
    oops double post
    Last edited by wannabGM; 05-13-2013 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    I don't think it's easy. I just think that most people suck at it and FO's theoretically should be at least a little better than the average fan, but usually aren't.

I am more of an ET apologist these days on this forum simply because the pendulum swing of opinion has gone so far in the opposite direction from when he was drafted. But at the time, I don't understand how any self respecting talent evaluator could take a hard look at ET and consider him a head and shoulders better prospect than George. George was bigger, more explosive, younger with a good frame to add strength, and a far more dangerous shooter. And ET was allowed to dominate the ball in college in a way that his adjustment to the NBA was going to be a huge learning curve. Other players dominate the ball in college more than they will in the pro's and have to adjust. But they usually have some semblance of off the ball offensive ability that might translate to the NBA. ET didn't show any of that in college. And he lacked athletic explosion to boot.

So if both George and extra picks or players are made available (as I'm sure they were) for ET, then that was the smart move.....especially when looking at the history of the number 2 overall pick.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 05-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    This thread is meaningless. The only "what-if" scenario that has any credibility would be to change one pick in a certain draft year. Once you start changing Speight to Hibbert, you change the W/L of the Sixers for the following year; and chances are the wins increase whether slightly to drastically. If we took Hibbert, we may not have/had Jrue or the #2 in 2010.

Anyway, assuming we took Hibbert in '08, traded up to get Jrue in '09 (or Lawson), and somehow still won the #2 pick in '10 you almost have to trade down in hindsight for George or Monroe. But I'm interested to see if anyone here can pull up a post(s) prior to that draft that stated we should've taken anyone not named Turner, Favors, or Cousins.

vCash
    Worthless thread

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast