Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will D'Antoni work with this team?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, "It's Showtime"

41 40.20%
  • No, this will not work

20 19.61%
  • Not sure yet, give it time first

41 40.20%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Under Phil in the last 5 years 3 finals and 2 rings with Kobe in one wheel for the last two years and a bunch of soft an inconsistent players. Fisher running the point! You missed the facts! Phil in 10 years with us 5 rings! Get it! Hitler has been fired twce with his up and running 'show time" system! No finals ever! No D in the Anthoni! He is lucky to have Howard,Meta and KObe in this team,but he better played the KObe system or!
    And that is why D'Anthoni is looking for a defensive coach to help him thus why he is reaching out to Nate McMillan for help. Also even if we did get Phil back there is still no guarantee we get out of the west D'Anthoni too. Also Phil was the one who walked out on us remember. Also we still have a lot of work to do roster wise as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't think your characterization is accurate at all... what you are calling whiners are the realists... the same complaint can be made for all the little fanboys creaming their jeans over hiring Dantoni...

the reality is that he is an upgrade over Brown... quite frankly a deaf dumb and mute dog on the bench would be an upgrade over Brown...

with that said the Lakers bench is not very good and the FO made the decision to hold onto a shitload of projects rather than bringing in vets...

look what the knicks and nets and even boston did with their benches this summer... they all got very good frontline players... but their FO's never stopped... they continued to sign vet after vet for the bench....

what do we have? wasted roster space in DJO/Ebanks/Sacre and the PG position... what nba team carries 4 PG's and 2 SG's? It is unheard of

So yeah... alot of people MIGHT SOUND like they are whining but the reality is it is only to offset all the pole smoking going on around here

Go back and read the threads after Nash and D12 were added. I highly praised the FO for both acquisitions but as soon as i said they weren't enough and that we needed to add to the bench people jumped my case and said we can't get everything...

well guess what i called bull **** and everyone said i would never be happy with any roster and look where we are now....

EVERYONE *****ES ABOUT THE BENCH

So yeah... we should be excited that POS Brown is gone but the idea that this roster as currently constructed can win a chip... not happening
    Expect the fact we are way over the luxury tax and out MLE have shrunk to 3 mil. So it made a lot harder to convince players less to come here. Also thanks to Orlando now we are stuck with Duhon as well. So now Mitch is working around the clock to try and trade Blake and Duhon, and until we do we can't add anymore player or salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't think your characterization is accurate at all... what you are calling whiners are the realists... the same complaint can be made for all the little fanboys creaming their jeans over hiring Dantoni...

the reality is that he is an upgrade over Brown... quite frankly a deaf dumb and mute dog on the bench would be an upgrade over Brown...

with that said the Lakers bench is not very good and the FO made the decision to hold onto a shitload of projects rather than bringing in vets...

look what the knicks and nets and even boston did with their benches this summer... they all got very good frontline players... but their FO's never stopped... they continued to sign vet after vet for the bench....

what do we have? wasted roster space in DJO/Ebanks/Sacre and the PG position... what nba team carries 4 PG's and 2 SG's? It is unheard of

So yeah... alot of people MIGHT SOUND like they are whining but the reality is it is only to offset all the pole smoking going on around here

Go back and read the threads after Nash and D12 were added. I highly praised the FO for both acquisitions but as soon as i said they weren't enough and that we needed to add to the bench people jumped my case and said we can't get everything...

well guess what i called bull **** and everyone said i would never be happy with any roster and look where we are now....

EVERYONE *****ES ABOUT THE BENCH

So yeah... we should be excited that POS Brown is gone but the idea that this roster as currently constructed can win a chip... not happening
    Actually the Lakers bench has only to work.I don't think that right now Rasheed Wallace is better than Jordan Hill for example.I think also that Jamison is a vet. The difference is that Lakers FO are building a team for the future,around Howard I suppose,with old players that can teach to rookies something of useful for the future. The teams you mentioned on what they're building? The Knicks?Around Melo(with the majority of the team of players that are in their twilight?) Anyway the question of the thread is different:Will D'Antoni work with this team? Not adding vets when you surely know that Lakers are stuck with huge contracts and they can't add new players.

vCash
    Showtime

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678