Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will D'Antoni work with this team?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, "It's Showtime"

41 40.20%
  • No, this will not work

20 19.61%
  • Not sure yet, give it time first

41 40.20%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For people saying this will be showtime, I don't think you guys saw how the showtime lakers were running and gunning. It wasn't the way D'antoni did it in phoenix, the showtime lakers ran so much because they played GREAT defense, caused a lot of turnovers, and forced a lot of bad shots. Phoenix ran by ignoring the defensive side of the ball. If D'antoni adjusts to the roster and plays to the strength of our players this can work, otherwise we will simply win lots of regular season games and get taken out in the playoffs. However, I can't imagine he would get hired over any of the other candidates (not just phil) if he said he was planning to run and gun the same way he did in phoenix. I would think and hope he has a different plan for the current roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4Ever View Post
    Yes and all you idiots who whined about Mike Brown and are now whining about this are obviously LMFAO back-up dancers wearing leopard G-Strings.
    ... and I seem to recall many members of this forum praising the hiring of Mike Brown... where'd they all go? They are probably the same ones sucking off D'Antoni now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    ... and I seem to recall many members of this forum praising the hiring of Mike Brown... where'd they all go? They are probably the same ones sucking off D'Antoni now.
    Why does anyone respond to this guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    For people saying this will be showtime, I don't think you guys saw how the showtime lakers were running and gunning. It wasn't the way D'antoni did it in phoenix, the showtime lakers ran so much because they played GREAT defense, caused a lot of turnovers, and forced a lot of bad shots. Phoenix ran by ignoring the defensive side of the ball. If D'antoni adjusts to the roster and plays to the strength of our players this can work, otherwise we will simply win lots of regular season games and get taken out in the playoffs. However, I can't imagine he would get hired over any of the other candidates (not just phil) if he said he was planning to run and gun the same way he did in phoenix. I would think and hope he has a different plan for the current roster.

vCash
    Ken Berger @KBergCBS
    Mike D'Antoni expected to reach out to fellow USA assistant Nate McMillan as potential defensive assistant, league source tells @CBSSports.

vCash
    who knows if it will work but i cant wait to find out it also just hit that this wouldve been perfect if we still had ariza instead of artest...oh and also CDR
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Well.. I will say that D'Antoni and McMillan will be a definite improvement over what we started the season with.

vCash
    look at where mike ranked in defense almost last every year.

this isn't the nash of 4 yrs ago. he's older. we have old people on this team. d12 can barely run the floor as he is now. pau is 32, kobe is older, jamison is old, nash is old. who's going to run up and down the floor?

who are going to be jacking up our 3 pters? mwp? jamison? meeks? outside kobe and nash what shooters do we have?

when phoenix won their games they had younger faster players and better 3 pt shooters.

rambis said today that mike doesn't believe in the post. that's why amare has no post game b/c he doesnt believe in it. the post has to be clear to make room for pick and role. and with pau in the middle where does that move him out to the 3 pt line?

this is going to be a disaster. will there be showtime during the regular season? yes. will we win games yes. will we make it past the clippers, spurs, or okc? doubtful. will we win a championship hell no.

its a shame to make up all these lies about phil's demands. and propaganda by the media. jim buss hates phil and i guess he wanted to make up these lies about his demands to go in another direction.

"we want phil" chants and we get mike. last mike didn't work. and neither will this one. oh and one small point the one person this will work good for is nash and he has a broken leg. can you imagine morris or blake as trying to play his best nash impersination. lol.

jim buss is out of control. he's the one that needs to be fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I hope he will.

Also, for those of you thinking we will see an exact replica of D'antoni's Suns teams... I think you have another thing coming. This team is built completely different. We have dominant post players, a dominant wing scorer and not nearly as many shooters/athletic slashers. D'antoni will look at this and he will hopefully adapt. Of course, he has Nash again so if Nash feels the need to run, he may... but even Nash can't do what he used to do game in and game out. I expect a free-flowing offense with great spacing and a lot of high P&R's. I also think at certain times, Mike may go small and let the guys run but it will not be our main offensive strategy.

I do not agree with those thinking that Pau will be traded or that he will come off the bench. Mike has to figure out a way for Pau and Dwight to compliment each other within the offense.

-I also am not nearly as worried about our defense under Mike D. We have a lot of strong defensive players and a lot of size down low. Unless Mike literally tells them not to try, we should be ok.
    Smart pull out very insighful but like you said HOPEFULLY. What in Antoni's career has made you think he adapts. his stint in Suns or maybe his stint in NY... O I will wait.........

Im not attacking you just being real this was a pretty dumb hire even nate mcmillan would have been a better option

vCash
    You guys will be fine, but i expect you guys to trade gasol he does not fit with mike dantoni system, maybe trade gasol to the hornets for Eric gordon and Ryan anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    You guys will be fine, but i expect you guys to trade gasol he does not fit with mike dantoni system, maybe trade gasol to the hornets for Eric gordon and Ryan anderson.
    eric gordon a player who is always injure who we cant depend on - no thanks!!!!!

vCash
    D'Antoni is a professional. Our players are professionals. We all know that the Lakers are not going to run all over the place. With the rumor of maybe brining in Nate McMillian, I think D'Antoni will play to this teams strengths. I would have loved to have Phil back, but maybe this won't be such a bad thing. I am not saying that D'Antoni is better than Phil, but he is a professional and you really can't get on a more grander stage than the Lakers. Yes even more grander then the Knicks. I think D'Antoni will excel and do what he needs to win.

Not my number one pick, but I'm not disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    In other words it appears it may not work????

Who's going to want to take on Pau's $20 mil salary.... I just dont see other teams wanting to do that

Artest isn't really attractive to other teams at the moment, but with pick n roll offense that is about to be implemented, and since Artest is the only guy willing to throw a good pick, he might be of some value to the Lakers

Bring out the oxygen tanks for our old guys
    James Dolan probably has already called Mitch/Jimbaco 20 times in the last 4 hours bout Stou, and how much Nash and Pringles would like to get togheter with him.
    ]

vCash
    CHeap move! 12 million for 4 years vs 20 for two! CHeaper by the dozen! Screw JIMBACO AND HIS SORRY *** EGO!
    When?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    James Dolan probably has already called Mitch/Jimbaco 20 times in the last 4 hours bout Stou, and how much Nash and Pringles would like to get togheter with him.
    If we get Stoudamire, I quit.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast