Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will D'Antoni work with this team?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, "It's Showtime"

41 40.20%
  • No, this will not work

20 19.61%
  • Not sure yet, give it time first

41 40.20%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    You just know there's now a long line of trolling reporters aching to ask Kobe this question: Are you saying Phil isn't an offensive genius?

And Bill Plasche's probably at the head of the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I think you're asking the wrong question. I don't see D'Antoni as a short term thing. I think Buss wanted a head coach that can develop both this roster and the Lakers post-Kobe.
    What an imbecile! Howard will fire his asss! Jimbaco is the worst problem on the LAkers team! No doubt!

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post
    look at where mike ranked in defense almost last every year.

this isn't the nash of 4 yrs ago. he's older. we have old people on this team. d12 can barely run the floor as he is now. pau is 32, kobe is older, jamison is old, nash is old. who's going to run up and down the floor?

who are going to be jacking up our 3 pters? mwp? jamison? meeks? outside kobe and nash what shooters do we have?

when phoenix won their games they had younger faster players and better 3 pt shooters.

rambis said today that mike doesn't believe in the post. that's why amare has no post game b/c he doesnt believe in it. the post has to be clear to make room for pick and role. and with pau in the middle where does that move him out to the 3 pt line?

this is going to be a disaster. will there be showtime during the regular season? yes. will we win games yes. will we make it past the clippers, spurs, or okc? doubtful. will we win a championship hell no.

its a shame to make up all these lies about phil's demands. and propaganda by the media. jim buss hates phil and i guess he wanted to make up these lies about his demands to go in another direction.

"we want phil" chants and we get mike. last mike didn't work. and neither will this one. oh and one small point the one person this will work good for is nash and he has a broken leg. can you imagine morris or blake as trying to play his best nash impersination. lol.

jim buss is out of control. he's the one that needs to be fired.
    You are RIGHT!!!!!!

vCash
    Frank Isola has an insightful column about insecure team owners. Good reading.

For whatever reson, the Laker management made a huge mistake. D'Antoni is far from being some sort of genius. We suffered through his tenure in NY for 4 years. He has no concept of how to play the game. Had no plays. Success was contingent on 3-pointers And, again, absolutely no defense. Love when coaches let player run up and down the court and play playground basketball and it makes the players happy ... until they don't win any championships. Has D'Antoni won anywhere? And I question the cajones of any coach who quits when things get tough - as they did in NY with Carmelo Anthony (another jerk). Where was the coaching genius? Feel sorry for you folks. You deserve better. You can thank Jim Buss. Where did he get his basketball experience? Note: successful teams usually have smart management - i.e., see San Franciso Giants.

vCash
    Fire Jim Buss NOW!!!

vCash
    It probably will work but only because of Nash and the talent on that team not because of Dantoni.

vCash
    Offensively it should work (at least during the regular season), despite our lack of outside shooters. But we better get an assistant ASAP - LIKE TODAY - who is going to preach serious defense, or it will all crash and burn come playoff time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Frank Isola has an insightful column about insecure team owners. Good reading.

For whatever reson, the Laker management made a huge mistake. D'Antoni is far from being some sort of genius. We suffered through his tenure in NY for 4 years. He has no concept of how to play the game. Had no plays. Success was contingent on 3-pointers And, again, absolutely no defense. Love when coaches let player run up and down the court and play playground basketball and it makes the players happy ... until they don't win any championships. Has D'Antoni won anywhere? And I question the cajones of any coach who quits when things get tough - as they did in NY with Carmelo Anthony (another jerk). Where was the coaching genius? Feel sorry for you folks. You deserve better. You can thank Jim Buss. Where did he get his basketball experience? Note: successful teams usually have smart management - i.e., see San Franciso Giants.
    Did you know Miami is near the bottom of the league in defense this season and shoots a ton of 3's? Maybe you should take your speech to the heat forum? You are doing god's work...you must spread the gospel of bad defense and 3 point shooting to all who will listen.
    Last edited by Pluvious; 11-15-2012 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    I'm confident that the Lakers will get an assistant who stresses defense, and it'll only get better. We only allowed the Spurs 84 pts (81 if Green didn't get the shot) which is great!

Dwight, Kobe, Metta and JHill are the defensive leaders for this team. Period.

vCash
    Good artcile from Grantland about the challenges D'Antoni faces in adapting his system to the current Laker roster. Key graph:

Aside from their age, perhaps the most defining characteristic of the 2012-13 Lakers is their size. Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard are both great centers, and both start. Although these guys are clearly dominant scorers, playing them together introduces a spatial challenge for D’Antoni: How can you maximize the offensive production of both Gasol and Howard without totally clogging the paint? If D’Antoni can effectively solve this riddle, the Lakers will be dominant.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...lowtime-lakers
    We can't run away from our advantages. (Literally.)

We have to make the best of them, so that we're effective and the other teams are at a disadvantage.

And it's that point in particular that I think people are overlooking when they constantly suggest that Pau be traded. We don't want to make LA just like everybody else, because there's no inherent advantage in that. We want to make LA productive, and under Brown (and even Phil in his last year) the offense played like it was stuck in mud, and the defense was sporadic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Good artcile from Grantland about the challenges D'Antoni faces in adapting his system to the current Laker roster. Key graph:

We can't run away from our advantages. (Literally.)

We have to make the best of them, so that we're effective and the other teams are at a disadvantage.

And it's that point in particular that I think people are overlooking when they constantly suggest that Pau be traded. We don't want to make LA just like everybody else, because there's no inherent advantage in that. We want to make LA productive, and under Brown (and even Phil in his last year) the offense played like it was stuck in mud, and the defense was sporadic.
    Under Phil in the last 5 years 3 finals and 2 rings with Kobe in one wheel for the last two years and a bunch of soft an inconsistent players. Fisher running the point! You missed the facts! Phil in 10 years with us 5 rings! Get it! Hitler has been fired twce with his up and running 'show time" system! No finals ever! No D in the Anthoni! He is lucky to have Howard,Meta and KObe in this team,but he better played the KObe system or!

vCash
    I can't understand,as a Laker fan,if the majority of Lakers fans on this forum are just trolling or are a Bieber fanbase,always crying,always complaining for every choice the Lakers Fo made:yep,Jim Buss is in the Lakers FO and he(with a huge help of Kupchak,who has been target of critics in past years too by Lakers fan) brought us Nash,Howard and some decents players for the bench.In my opinion this team can only get better. Can this team win a championship? It's too early to say,let D'Antoni work and we'll see. But come on,stop whining,you are supposed to be grown men,not *******.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    I can't understand,as a Laker fan,if the majority of Lakers fans on this forum are just trolling or are a Bieber fanbase,always crying,always complaining for every choice the Lakers Fo made:yep,Jim Buss is in the Lakers FO and he(with a huge help of Kupchak,who has been target of critics in past years too by Lakers fan) brought us Nash,Howard and some decents players for the bench.In my opinion this team can only get better. Can this team win a championship? It's too early to say,let D'Antoni work and we'll see. But come on,stop whining,you are supposed to be grown men,not *******.
    I don't think your characterization is accurate at all... what you are calling whiners are the realists... the same complaint can be made for all the little fanboys creaming their jeans over hiring Dantoni...

the reality is that he is an upgrade over Brown... quite frankly a deaf dumb and mute dog on the bench would be an upgrade over Brown...

with that said the Lakers bench is not very good and the FO made the decision to hold onto a shitload of projects rather than bringing in vets...

look what the knicks and nets and even boston did with their benches this summer... they all got very good frontline players... but their FO's never stopped... they continued to sign vet after vet for the bench....

what do we have? wasted roster space in DJO/Ebanks/Sacre and the PG position... what nba team carries 4 PG's and 2 SG's? It is unheard of

So yeah... alot of people MIGHT SOUND like they are whining but the reality is it is only to offset all the pole smoking going on around here

Go back and read the threads after Nash and D12 were added. I highly praised the FO for both acquisitions but as soon as i said they weren't enough and that we needed to add to the bench people jumped my case and said we can't get everything...

well guess what i called bull **** and everyone said i would never be happy with any roster and look where we are now....

EVERYONE *****ES ABOUT THE BENCH

So yeah... we should be excited that POS Brown is gone but the idea that this roster as currently constructed can win a chip... not happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't think your characterization is accurate at all... what you are calling whiners are the realists... the same complaint can be made for all the little fanboys creaming their jeans over hiring Dantoni...

the reality is that he is an upgrade over Brown... quite frankly a deaf dumb and mute dog on the bench would be an upgrade over Brown...

with that said the Lakers bench is not very good and the FO made the decision to hold onto a shitload of projects rather than bringing in vets...

look what the knicks and nets and even boston did with their benches this summer... they all got very good frontline players... but their FO's never stopped... they continued to sign vet after vet for the bench....

what do we have? wasted roster space in DJO/Ebanks/Sacre and the PG position... what nba team carries 4 PG's and 2 SG's? It is unheard of

So yeah... alot of people MIGHT SOUND like they are whining but the reality is it is only to offset all the pole smoking going on around here

Go back and read the threads after Nash and D12 were added. I highly praised the FO for both acquisitions but as soon as i said they weren't enough and that we needed to add to the bench people jumped my case and said we can't get everything...

well guess what i called bull **** and everyone said i would never be happy with any roster and look where we are now....

EVERYONE *****ES ABOUT THE BENCH

So yeah... we should be excited that POS Brown is gone but the idea that this roster as currently constructed can win a chip... not happening
    No D Anthoni thinks that Blake is the right player for his system! The no D and O player! He said that the Suns were always trying to acquire him ,but they failed He said that he thinks that Howard is going to be dominant! DA! But around here now is a set of Fan Club of this Opportunist douche!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    No D Anthoni thinks that Blake is the right player for his system! The no D and O player! He said that the Suns were always trying to acquire him ,but they failed He said that he thinks that Howard is going to be dominant! DA! But around here now is a set of Fan Club of this Opportunist douche!
    Well it's either Dwight or keeping Bynum your choice. Also if we wanted Blake traded then he has to max his value enough to get team attention.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast