Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will D'Antoni work with this team?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, "It's Showtime"

41 40.20%
  • No, this will not work

20 19.61%
  • Not sure yet, give it time first

41 40.20%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
    * @paugasol said he wasn't shocked by the decision. On Mike D'Antoni hire: "Guys are extremely happy to have him here with us."

vCash
    I don't think that it won't work, I just wonder if it will work fast enough for Laker fans. I don't think it's going to work right away and it looks like Brown's system was starting to set in. Are Laker fans going to be patient? I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of the "we want Phil" chants. I don't think it was wise to go after Phil unless they were sure they were going to hire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I don't think that it won't work, I just wonder if it will work fast enough for Laker fans. I don't think it's going to work right away and it looks like Brown's system was starting to set in. Are Laker fans going to be patient? I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of the "we want Phil" chants. I don't think it was wise to go after Phil unless they were sure they were going to hire him.
    what do you mean right away? The first few games? Maybe not. The first month? They will be ready and playing well. The real question is how "good" can the team really be...come playoff time. And with this coach. And if there is anymore drama.

Do you really want to see this team jacking up lots of 3's? I don't know. You definitely want to make sure Kobe gets his touches in and around the hoop. Same with Dwight and Gasol.

vCash
    1. I wanted Phil like most of us did.

2. I doubt mike is going to run the exact same offense leaving gasol and world peace to just jack up threes. if that is the case u guys really think he would have been hired?... he is an offensive genius and will be able to tweak his system

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe24 View Post
    1. I wanted phil like most of us did.

2. I doubt mike is going to run the exact same offense leaving gasol and world peace to just jack up threes. If that is the case u guys really think he would have been hired?... he is an offensive genius and will be able to tweak his system
    lol

vCash
    I've been in shock since last night.

So I'm not going to throw a judgment out there right now. I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this. I really do hope this does work. I definitely don't want to see this fail.

vCash
    Here are some tweets from Knick land about the hire:

Nate Taylor @ByNateTaylor about 3 hours ago
    Carmelo says sometimes a change at coach is a good thing. Says he hopes D'Antoni gives the Lakers positive energy.

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman about 3 hours ago
    Anthony said maybe Kobe and D'Antoni had deal under table during Olympics. Melo said he and MDA really got along "behind closed doors.''

Al Iannazzone @Al_Iannazzone 3 hours ago
    Mike Woodson on D'Antoni landing in LA: "Very excited for him. I really am. I think he’s a guy that’s meant to be a coach."

Nate Taylor @ByNateTaylor 2 hours ago
    Mike Woodson on Mike D'Antoni: “He’s great at pick-and-rolls. Some of the things Mike did I’m still doing."

Steve Novak reflected on D'Antoni's impact in New York, calling him an "offensive genius."

"They're getting a great coach," he said. "I think he's going to do a great job with those guys. I think him and Steve Nash are pretty familiar with each other, so I think Coach D'Antoni is going to have another assistant coach out there on the floor, so I think that will help.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeystats View Post
    Steve Blake @SteveBlake5
    Happy to welcome Mike D'Antoni to the @Lakers family, looking forward to the rest of the season #GoLakers
    ^^ If Eminem looks forward to having D'Antoni as HC then I will too.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    I just hope D'antoni can utilize Pau. Pau is too damn skilled to be used the way Brown was.

vCash
    As I said on other thread, I think good coaches fit their systems into his players, not the other way. That's exactly the thing Brown wasn't doing.

It's to be seen if D'Antoni is the same kind of coach, but I expect to be smarter and make, at least, good rotations.

vCash
    All I know is that D'Antoni wasn't only a huge failure in Ny, but he quit mid season last year. Say what you want about Melo forcing him out, but he failed big time and New York fans even chanted fire dantoni at the garden.

You can quote me on this. When you laker fans see clips of dantoni coaching or when he's mic'd up, all your gonna hear is "LET'S GO LET GO LET'S GO" YOU GOTTA GO YOU GOTTA MOVE....

Sorry but I hated him here in ny.
    Not rooting against the lakers, but Dantoni was a failure without Nash and now he's running back to him.

vCash
    this where you can see a good coach, on how they can handle their line up.
    if mike D'Antoni wont work, there still phil who's willing to coach again....

vCash
    Think of it this way

If you have your choice of andy reed or bill bilichick

Or

Tony larussa or Ron washington

You do not take the guys who have never been on top with plenty of chances

Take the blinders off, the lakers made the wrong decision. Phil would challenge them more than dantoni that's why they are happy. This guy couldn't even run his team in NY and you think Kobe doesn't see that he will be in total control of the team. Thats why Kobe is excited, not because he got a better coach than Phil.
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 11-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.

vCash
    Showtime 2.0 with a suffocating defense under Mike D'Antoni and Nate Mcmillan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Huge gamble by the Laker brass

First 4 game losing streak under D Antoni is going to be a spectacle
    Your right! And the ”We want Phil chants will come back!” Jim Buss what a idiot!!! The Lakers are built to win right now!!! They dont have a few years to figure this out! In a few years it will be over anyway! Jim Buss proving a point will loose games,players and CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast