Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will D'Antoni work with this team?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, "It's Showtime"

41 40.20%
  • No, this will not work

20 19.61%
  • Not sure yet, give it time first

41 40.20%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will D'Antoni work with this team?

I see a lot of different opinions and was curious what most people are thinking. Personally I think it's showtime. I'm not worried about defense because when you have Kobe, Metta, Dwight, and Jordan Hill they are all more than willing to play defense and the rest will fall in line. D'Antoni never had defenders like we have IMO and I believe we could be in for something special with this squad. So i'll leave it up to the poll now to see where everyone stands.

vCash
    Yes and all you idiots who whined about Mike Brown and are now whining about this are obviously LMFAO back-up dancers wearing leopard G-Strings.
    List of negative Lakers fans to watch out for this upcoming season on these forums. Even with Steve Nash or D12, they'd find something to complain about:

lamar2006
    LALakersKC
    Bryan12
    evadatam5150
    mstrdrk
    so_cal_watcher
    Lakersfan2483
    Teeboy1487
    midwestlaker75
    silvteg98
    J4KOP99
    SUPREME LA
    Vinylman

vCash
    damn "Yes, it's showtime" has a 4-0-0 early lead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4Ever View Post
    Yes and all you idiots who whined about Mike Brown and are now whining about this are obviously LMFAO back-up dancers wearing leopard G-Strings.
    Is it that bad to hope for the best for this team?

vCash
    Huge gamble by the Laker brass

First 4 game losing streak under D Antoni is going to be a spectacle

vCash
    He will work if

A) he does not play run and gun.

Or

B) We trade Artest and Pau who dont fit Run and Gun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    He will work if

A) he does not play run and gun.

Or

B) We trade Artest and Pau who dont fit Run and Gun.
    In other words it appears it may not work????

Who's going to want to take on Pau's $20 mil salary.... I just dont see other teams wanting to do that

Artest isn't really attractive to other teams at the moment, but with pick n roll offense that is about to be implemented, and since Artest is the only guy willing to throw a good pick, he might be of some value to the Lakers

Bring out the oxygen tanks for our old guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeystats View Post
    I see a lot of different opinions and was curious what most people are thinking. Personally I think it's showtime. I'm not worried about defense because when you have Kobe, Metta, Dwight, and Jordan Hill they are all more than willing to play defense and the rest will fall in line. D'Antoni never had defenders like we have IMO and I believe we could be in for something special with this squad. So i'll leave it up to the poll now to see where everyone stands.
    Showtime lol showtime lol showtime. Hey guys do you rem we the slowest and oldest team. O yea three of our players love to post and are very effective at it smh. Showtime lol boys its more like SLOWTIME. What's the hope we going to out run okc or Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackryder45 View Post
    Showtime lol showtime lol showtime. Hey guys do you rem we the slowest and oldest team. O yea three of our players love to post and are very effective at it smh. Showtime lol boys its more like SLOWTIME. What's the hope we going to out run okc or Miami.
    If we can average 110 points a game we have a chance

But I think you need good outside shooting to do that

vCash
    showtime 2.0 baby

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    We cant trade Pau.. Thats what makes us a tough mismatch.. Mike has to make it work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    showtime 2.0 baby
    Maybe the pirated version

It cant be any worse than what it already is. And I'll bet Mike Brown is relieved Laker fans will now have someone else to hammer..... At least MB will be able to say the fans didn't chant WE WANT PHIL while I was on the sidelines, which no doubt will happen to D Antoni....LOL
    Last edited by duane v; 11-12-2012 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    I hope he will.

Also, for those of you thinking we will see an exact replica of D'antoni's Suns teams... I think you have another thing coming. This team is built completely different. We have dominant post players, a dominant wing scorer and not nearly as many shooters/athletic slashers. D'antoni will look at this and he will hopefully adapt. Of course, he has Nash again so if Nash feels the need to run, he may... but even Nash can't do what he used to do game in and game out. I expect a free-flowing offense with great spacing and a lot of high P&R's. I also think at certain times, Mike may go small and let the guys run but it will not be our main offensive strategy.

I do not agree with those thinking that Pau will be traded or that he will come off the bench. Mike has to figure out a way for Pau and Dwight to compliment each other within the offense.

-I also am not nearly as worried about our defense under Mike D. We have a lot of strong defensive players and a lot of size down low. Unless Mike literally tells them not to try, we should be ok.

vCash
    It could work... at least during the season... only because of the pure talent of our starting five, and not because D'Antoni is some sort of genius. It could've just as easily worked with Brown, for the same reason. Personally I see D'Antoni as only a slight upgrade over Brown.

I think where D'Antoni will hurt us the most is in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4Ever View Post
    Since you got my name on this list of so called whiners and complainers, Pointing out issues and problems is not whining and complaning when there actually is a problem. All things in life are not and should not be seen through rose colored glasses. I am a person that when things are good, I will point that out. When things are bad I will point that out too. Last time I checked that's what this is for. Calling out somebody for their opinion isn't cool. I respect everybody and ther opinion (even if I don't agree with it). I don't call people stupid or idiots.

And futhermore so Mike Brown was doing a bad job, Should I have said it was a good job just to be positive, I don't think so. When players are not playing well should we say oh that's o.k. it will get better. I don't know about you, But on my job..You get a few chances to do a job right and then if you don't, They show you door. Why should this be any different. That's like the teacher who won't mark papers in red ink because it causes low self-esteem.

With all that said...Here's my feelings on this: Would have preferred Phil Jackson or Brian Shaw. Obviously, The Buss Family felt different. O.K. so welcome Mike D'Antoni. I hope he does well. I hope he delivers that 17th championship, But if he doesn't he will catch the same wrath that Mike Brown caught.

Don't bother to answer me back because i'm through talking about who's positive and who's not!
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 11-12-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast