Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is sandy a result of Global Warming?

We all know at this point that the planet goes through it own cycles of warming and cooling.

The question is are we ,by our "burning" behaviours causing one of those changes ahead of schedule.

Scientists are speculating that the size and path of this storm are directly related to the melting of the Icepack and the warming of the ocean.

what does the forum think?

vCash
    I think people will use Sandy to further whatever their believes already are. If you are a big global warming person, then yes of course. If you aren't, or don't believe it's as big as it's made out to be, you'll point to other storms or whatever data that is needed (antartic ice shelf grew I believe) to show that it's not.

vCash
    This isn't about belief, but it's about scientific fact. Until any of us actually go out and get a PHD in a physical science (a process that takes 10+ years) and do research, we have no place to make an opinion on the subject of whether or not global warming is causing everything.

vCash
    LOL @ global warning.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Call it climate change if you want, but to deny man of having any impact to accelerate the cycle and intensify these types of things boggles my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    LOL @ global warning.
    Good post.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    I think anyone who suggests they know the answer to this question without a couple months of analysis is likely to be just making it up. I doubt that you can tie one event to man-made climate change with any certainty, but a collective of events scientists can and have.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    LOL @ global warning.
    Ahh, I see. Logical point.

Climate change is a serious concern that we must look at solving. The idea that we can continue to dump CO2 into the environment and not see any side effects is ludicrous. The environment can handle a great deal of CO2 because it does in fact create quite a bit but it can't handle endless amounts and continue to avoid problems. Currently we sit at a threshold where the environment can handle the amount it creates plus what we put out. However, this will not always be the case. Within the next 10 years, we will begin to cross the threshold and then in 30 years, we will cross the second threshold that will be nearly impossible to come back from.

But laughing it off and pretending it isn't an issue will help fix the problem.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I think anyone who suggests they know the answer to this question without a couple months of analysis is likely to be just making it up. I doubt that you can tie one event to man-made climate change with any certainty, but a collective of events scientists can and have.
    100% yes

I don't know if this is a result of it or not. I do know that Hurricane's happened long before man was accused of harming the planet.

I think there def and should be legit studies on whether it can be tied to it or not.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    100% yes

I don't know if this is a result of it or not. I do know that Hurricane's happened long before man was accused of harming the planet.

I think there def and should be legit studies on whether it can be tied to it or not.
    I think to say that climate change is solely responsible would be asinine but I absolutely think it plays a role. We know what causes hurricanes, and that is warmer water; we know what causes warmer water, and that is warmer air; we know what causes warmer air, and that is the changing composition of air molecoles to an ever growing amount of CO2.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    BTW,
    I like this topic not because Im convinced at the reality of Global warming.
    There have been several Ice ages throughout history weve had nothimng to do with after all.
    But I think it is a litmus test as to the values of the Republican Party.

IF we follow the progressive philosophy and control emmissions,what is the net effect?
    We slow economic growth in some of the strongest sectors in our economy.Oli,manufacturing...all slow as they adapt to new standards and technology and some industries see their profits siphoned to other tech(air solar bio).

so EVEN if its not true, we slow Co2 and slow a segment of the economy and stimulate new industries that were not matket driven, for no reason.

Not the end of the world.

If we do nothing about it and let the Conservatives dissmiss it, for the ONLY reason they do, profits.then the best case scenario is some people get wealthier.

worst case scenario? Half of the population of the world is displaced or killed, mass starvation, drastic global climate change.

so why is it even really a debate?

MONEY. only money.

vCash
    So this is what caused Sandy?

vCash
    LOL @ global warning.
    And we wonder why the US is falling further and further behind the rest of the world in science education.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    BTW,
    I like this topic not because Im convinced at the reality of Global warming.
    There have been several Ice ages throughout history weve had nothimng to do with after all.
    But I think it is a litmus test as to the values of the Republican Party.

IF we follow the progressive philosophy and control emmissions,what is the net effect?
    We slow economic growth in some of the strongest sectors in our economy.Oli,manufacturing...all slow as they adapt to new standards and technology and some industries see their profits siphoned to other tech(air solar bio).

so EVEN if its not true, we slow Co2 and slow a segment of the economy and stimulate new industries that were not matket driven, for no reason.

Not the end of the world.

If we do nothing about it and let the Conservatives dissmiss it, for the ONLY reason they do, profits.then the best case scenario is some people get wealthier.

worst case scenario? Half of the population of the world is displaced or killed, mass starvation, drastic global climate change.

so why is it even really a debate?

MONEY. only money.
    Dude everything is not about money.

There is plenty of money to be made in green technology.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast