Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you give Andrew Bynum a max deal???

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 41.07%
  • No

33 58.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Would you give Andrew Bynum a max deal???

With his history of injuries would you give him the max? Once he played 82 and last year he play 60 or 66 missing 4 games for almost killing JJ Barea. Other than that he played in 46, 35, 50, 65, 54, and not playing at all this year. I really like him and I think he has a ton of potential but I would not give him a max deal.

vCash
    This will be an even bigger max deal in comparison to his first. In a perfect world I wouldn't, but in this nba economy, you have to take that chance with his potential.

vCash
    Yes because if he plays to his potential he's worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Yes because if he plays to his potential he's worth it.
    first he has to get on the court and so far he hasnt

vCash
    Anyone else find it odd how quiet PHI has been about him? He was supposed to be out "3 weeks" for "precautionary" reasons, and that was what, 2 months ago? And not a word from PHI since, and not even a timetable for his return?

I guess this was the risk PHI took, but I have a feeling Bynum is hurt more than they are saying, and they are hiding it for PR reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    first he has to get on the court and so far he hasnt
    Obviously. That's the risk you run. The skill is there. So you'd pass on him ?

vCash
    Obviously. That's the risk you run. The skill is there. So you'd pass on him ?
    Bynum was a good fit in LA because he had Kobe & Gasol, but giving Bynum a MAX deal as the franchise cornerstone is not a good idea. The chances of him being able to play through regular seasons AND playoffs and carrying the weight of the team and staying healthy are just so slim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Bynum was a good fit in LA because he had Kobe & Gasol, but giving Bynum a MAX deal as the franchise cornerstone is not a good idea. The chances of him being able to play through regular seasons AND playoffs and carrying the weight of the team and staying healthy are just so slim.
    I'd curious why you feel Bynum was a good fit in LA.

vCash
    I'd curious why you feel Bynum was a good fit in LA.
    because LA didnt need him to be the man, took alot of workload off him. If he missed 20-30 games a year it wasnt a big deal.

PHI is asking him to be the franchise cornerstone...

vCash
    because LA didnt need him to be the man, took alot of workload off him. If he missed 20-30 games a year it wasnt a big deal.

PHI is asking him to be the franchise cornerstone...
    And what about his game makes you believe he can't handle that? Is it simply the injuries? Or you just don't believe he can be a franchise player?

vCash
    Well if you just traded your first round pick and your team's best player for someone you'd want to keep that player long term wouldn't you? The only way you're going to do so is if you offer him what all the other teams who are serious about getting him will offer. That's the max.

For a chance at a player who is potentially the 2nd best big man in the NBA I'd offer the max in today's NBA.

vCash
    And what about his game makes you believe he can't handle that? Is it simply the injuries? Or you just don't believe he can be a franchise player?
    the injuries man, we all know Bynum can put up 20 & 10 when healthy.

injuries aside his maturity is also kind of a question mark, if he can lead by example. but injuries of course are #1.

it would be like NY counting on Amare as the franchise player...well sort of.

vCash
    The injuries is a big risk though. As you get older with those injuries... You normally won't get better.

vCash
    the injuries man, we all know Bynum can put up 20 & 10 when healthy.

injuries aside his maturity is also kind of a question mark, if he can lead by example. but injuries of course are #1.

it would be like NY counting on Amare as the franchise player...well sort of.
    Didn't we already do that?

So if I told you that you were getting 82 games of Bynum, then you max him without hesitation?

vCash
    Yes, bea that's what the market dictates. The market will always dictate what players are worth. I don't see many other 7ft guys with that ability floating around the NBA. Besides it's not a matter of would ever team give him the max, only one team has to do it for him to be considered a max player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast