Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The X-Files

vCash

The X-Files

That was the second episode. I find the alien stuff to be kind of stupid but i love the whole syndicate and government conspiracies thing.

vCash
    I finished the mythology episodes. I actually thought the finale was decent, but I thought they wouldn't really solve anything. I think Gibson Praise was underutilized throughout the series and in the finale. I don't know why they didn't bring back Jeremiah Smith.

I also think the Africa episodes went nowhere. I think that had a lot of potential.

The first four or so season were great when it came to the mythology episodes. I thought the middle seasons dragged, but the eighth season was great. It may have been my favorite season. The ninth season wasn't very good.

I'm going to randomly go through the standalone episodes now. I saw most of the first season, and just watched the one with Peter Boyle which was phenomenal.

vCash
    I watched it every week up until Duchovny left after what...the 7th Season? Then it was off and on...not necessarily "must see".

I've gone back and started re-watching it on Netflix as well. Good stuff.

vCash
    He was in like half of them in the 8th season, though he was still a major storyline plot. Ninth season he only appeared in the finale. Then the whole storyline was on that stupid baby that Scully wouldn't give up for anything until she just randomly took Spender's word and said whatever I'll give it to some random family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Has anyone really followed the show? I just started watching it on Netflix. I think I'm 16 episodes in. Some really good, some bad. Im not sure if ill be able to make it through the series. I think my main interest in the show has to be with mulder and scully, both of whom i think are written and acted extremely well. Sometimes the storyline is a hit sometimes its not.

Anyone else watch or used to watch this show?
    Have almost all of them on dvd. My favorite episodes

Squeeze
    The Jersey Devil (misleading title but still good)
    Ice
    Fire
    Gender Bender
    Miracle Man
    Shapes
    Tooms
    Darkness Falls
    The Host
    Blood
    Humbug
    Calasari
    Soft Light
    Our Town
    DPO
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    Grotesque
    Pusher
    Hell Money
    Jose Chung's From Outer Space
    Quagmire
    Leonard Betts
    Small Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I used to be really in to it. Lost interest when it seemed like they where never going to answer some of the biggest overarching questions of the show.
    At some points it did seem to drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by The X View Post
    That was a good one

I am about 3 seasons in so far, I have been watching it on and off though. They say it gets really good in season 4.
    I actually liked the first 5-6 seasons and then thought they really dropped off after that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12