Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

The X-Files

That was the second episode. I find the alien stuff to be kind of stupid but i love the whole syndicate and government conspiracies thing.

I finished the mythology episodes. I actually thought the finale was decent, but I thought they wouldn't really solve anything. I think Gibson Praise was underutilized throughout the series and in the finale. I don't know why they didn't bring back Jeremiah Smith.

I also think the Africa episodes went nowhere. I think that had a lot of potential.

The first four or so season were great when it came to the mythology episodes. I thought the middle seasons dragged, but the eighth season was great. It may have been my favorite season. The ninth season wasn't very good.

I'm going to randomly go through the standalone episodes now. I saw most of the first season, and just watched the one with Peter Boyle which was phenomenal.

I watched it every week up until Duchovny left after what...the 7th Season? Then it was off and on...not necessarily "must see".

I've gone back and started re-watching it on Netflix as well. Good stuff.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

He was in like half of them in the 8th season, though he was still a major storyline plot. Ninth season he only appeared in the finale. Then the whole storyline was on that stupid baby that Scully wouldn't give up for anything until she just randomly took Spender's word and said whatever I'll give it to some random family.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Has anyone really followed the show? I just started watching it on Netflix. I think I'm 16 episodes in. Some really good, some bad. Im not sure if ill be able to make it through the series. I think my main interest in the show has to be with mulder and scully, both of whom i think are written and acted extremely well. Sometimes the storyline is a hit sometimes its not.

Anyone else watch or used to watch this show?
    Have almost all of them on dvd. My favorite episodes

Squeeze
    The Jersey Devil (misleading title but still good)
    Ice
    Fire
    Gender Bender
    Miracle Man
    Shapes
    Tooms
    Darkness Falls
    The Host
    Blood
    Humbug
    Calasari
    Soft Light
    Our Town
    DPO
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    Grotesque
    Pusher
    Hell Money
    Jose Chung's From Outer Space
    Quagmire
    Leonard Betts
    Small Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I used to be really in to it. Lost interest when it seemed like they where never going to answer some of the biggest overarching questions of the show.
    At some points it did seem to drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by The X View Post
    That was a good one

I am about 3 seasons in so far, I have been watching it on and off though. They say it gets really good in season 4.
    I actually liked the first 5-6 seasons and then thought they really dropped off after that point.

Marcus Mariota

The X-Files returned to Fox Sunday night. Anybody watch?

I loved this show as a kid but didn't like follow along or watch the episodes chronologically, just whenever I could.

I have started re-watching the series. I'm on Season 1 Episode 11 but I might just do the mythology order now.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

It is only back for 6 episodes after 13 years. I thought they did a solid job last night. I thought the reintroduction to the show in the beginning last night was well done for the new fans to have a quick catch up.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    It is only back for 6 episodes after 13 years. I thought they did a solid job last night. I thought the reintroduction to the show in the beginning last night was well done for the new fans to have a quick catch up.
    I went in with low expectations and came away wanting to see more so sad that its only gonna be 6 episodes.

What I think is screwed up is that when they filmed the original series it took years for Gillian Anderson to get pay on par with David Duchovny. So when they contact them about doing this mini-series they offer Gillian Anderson half of what they offered David Duchovny. She refused to do it until she got equal pay.

That is pretty screwed up that even after what happened on the original series they still tried to low ball her on these new episodes.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I went in with low expectations and came away wanting to see more so sad that its only gonna be 6 episodes.

What I think is screwed up is that when they filmed the original series it took years for Gillian Anderson to get pay on par with David Duchovny. So when they contact them about doing this mini-series they offer Gillian Anderson half of what they offered David Duchovny. She refused to do it until she got equal pay.

That is pretty screwed up that even after what happened on the original series they still tried to low ball her on these new episodes.
    I usually do not care much who makes what in TV or movies but in general I would hope that it is fair. I suspect DD got offered more because outside of this show he has had a much better career than JA. If just looking at this show alone I think both should be paid the same but I'd rather just enjoy the show than worry myself how much each millionaire is making. Dana Scully could make ten times as much as Fox Muldur and I would still just focus on ET and the smoking man.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

I've really liked the first two episodes of this mini series. I fear that they are doing the mini series to start a spin off with new characters though. I don't have proof of that yet, but it seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I've really liked the first two episodes of this mini series. I fear that they are doing the mini series to start a spin off with new characters though. I don't have proof of that yet, but it seems likely.
    This is what I told my wife as well.

It doesn't make much sense for them to pay all this money to have them come back just for 6-episodes. Like you I think they will end this mini-series with an opening to start fresh.

Marcus Mariota

I heard they originally hoped to make 8 new episodes not 6 but they ran in to some schedule issues.

Maybe they will make another movie?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Maybe they will make another movie?
    I read the writer actually has written a third movie but is not sure they will make one.

I also heard these 6 episodes are being shown out of order for some reason.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast