Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

vCash

The X-Files

Has anyone really followed the show? I just started watching it on Netflix. I think I'm 16 episodes in. Some really good, some bad. Im not sure if ill be able to make it through the series. I think my main interest in the show has to be with mulder and scully, both of whom i think are written and acted extremely well. Sometimes the storyline is a hit sometimes its not.

Anyone else watch or used to watch this show?

vCash
    I watched a lot of the episodes, but unfortunately out of order and I never really understood the large picture. Great show though and I definitely want to try to watch it all right after each other.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I've actually been watching this lately myself. Just random episodes from the first three seasons (cause that's all I own). Some of it stands up pretty well, some of it not so much.

A couple of episodes to look out for:

Soft Light, towards the end of Season 2, has Tony Shalhoub as the main guy they're chasing after in it. Not a bad episode, either.

Jose Chung's From Outer Space, from season 3, is about a sci-fi writer that's writing about a case Mulder and Scully worked on, and there are some pretty funny elements in it.

Also a random one from season 3 that I watched the other day called 2Shy, about a guy that eats fat chicks. No joke.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash

The X-Files

I found the one where an amish-like community has a male murderer who turns into either gender and rapes people and then it turns out that they were aliens and the sidler from seinfeld is one of em to be quite disturbing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I found the one where an amish-like community has a male murderer who turns into either gender and rapes people and then it turns out that they were aliens and the sidler from seinfeld is one of em to be quite disturbing
    That was a good one

I am about 3 seasons in so far, I have been watching it on and off though. They say it gets really good in season 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Elchupracabra was a good one as well.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I love the show. I own all the seasons on DVD. I watched it when it was on TV back in the 90's and have since collected the seasons. I have re-watched them already twice since I bought them on DVD. Personally I believe the show is very good up until the 8th season. The first 7 seasons feature both Mulder and Scully while season 8 and 9 has no David Duchovny as he left the show but did return for the series finale. The first 7 seasons have a lot of great episodes and I particularly liked the X-Files mythology after the start of season 2 to about 6 and this is when things got really interesting with the Smoking Man and various alien conspiracy's. I really encourage you to hold on with the series as it will pay off and it is far better than most of the crap currently on TV outside of maybe 5 drama's currently running.

vCash
    My favorite episodes are.

Our Town (fantastic episode).
    Small Potatoes (most comedic episode)
    Pusher (one of my favorite antagonists of the series)
    The Goldberg Variation (Another greatly comedy episode)
    War of the Coprophages
    Squeeze (Best serial killer episode)
    Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose (Great Guest star - Dad from Everyone loves Raymond)
    Die Hand Die Verletzt (looks at the occult)
    Triangle (Bermuda Triangle episode that uses time travel with WW2)
    Humbug (traveling circus with a killer - funny episode )

Will try and think of more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    My favorite episodes are.

Our Town (fantastic episode).
    Small Potatoes (most comedic episode)
    Pusher (one of my favorite antagonists of the series)
    The Goldberg Variation (Another greatly comedy episode)
    War of the Coprophages
    Squeeze(Best serial killer episode)
    Clyde Bruckmanís Final Repose (Great Guest star - Dad from Everyone loves Raymond)
    Die Hand Die Verletzt (looks at the occult)
    Triangle (Bermuda Triangle episode that uses time travel with WW2)
    Humbug (traveling circus with a killer - funny episode )

Will try and think of more.
    That one was actually scary, and probably my favorite one so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    If you want to watch the story arc and cut out all the monster/problem of the week type of episodes here is the list you need to watch.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Mythology

That way you can just follow the mythology and don't get confused with the random throw in episodes.

vCash
    Me and My moms favorite show as a child.... I caught it for the first time in a long time the other night by Chance and started to cry....It was 4 in the morning and I woke up and couldnt fall back to sleep and my Tv was on and that is what was on. Its the one thing special in my childhood...I use to sit and watch this with her every week that it was on. I wouldnt go out with friends or anything because this was that good. Its a fantastic show until the last 2 seasons or so. If anyone needs a link hit me up

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    they use to show the reruns on tnt late at night(which is where i first started watching.).then me and former gf went through the entire series in like a week. loved it,one of my all time favs(rarely talked about/hard to run across fellow fans),but my interest takes a nose dive after awhile with robert patrick eps.all time fav ep is def "jose chungs-from outer space"
    Last edited by abe_froman; 11-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    If you want to watch the story arc and cut out all the monster/problem of the week type of episodes here is the list you need to watch.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Mythology

That way you can just follow the mythology and don't get confused with the random throw in episodes.
    I might do that and then watch the monsters of the week episode causually.

vCash
    I loved the X-Files.

Drive, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Blood, Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man, Unruhe, Quagmire, Je Souhaite and Improbable stand out as the ones I like best.

vCash
    I just watched most of Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose earlier today. Forgot that Peter Boyle (the dad from Everybody Loves Raymond) was in it.

Also, the episode right before that one is called D.P.O., and has both Giovanni Ribisi and a really young looking Jack Black in it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast