Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Isnt is better to play tebow now the season can be salvaged we're 3 n6 ots not over yet besides what makes u guys think that if we stick with mark that tebow wont start next year wouldnt it be better to see what we have in him now

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Isnt is better to play tebow now the season can be salvaged we're 3 n6 ots not over yet besides what makes u guys think that if we stick with mark that tebow wont start next year wouldnt it be better to see what we have in him now
    Crappy thing is the way Marks contract is setup he is here for another year, and unless rex goes mark is staying. And from what ive been gathering Mike T and Rex will be back. Sparano should be out, but the jets have done worse things....

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Crappy thing is the way Marks contract is setup he is here for another year, and unless rex goes mark is staying. And from what ive been gathering Mike T and Rex will be back. Sparano should be out, but the jets have done worse things....
    Really - it doesn't matter what happens to Sanchez'z play, REX, MrT, Tebow - ANYONE! I see $13 million reasons why Mark Sanchez will be on the team next year - WE can't forget that!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I want to keep Sporano next year if Mark stays for no other reason than if we bring in a new OC everyone will be complaining Mark didnt have time to learn the system.

Give the entire lot next year to make the playoffs if not a run in the playoffs and if not then clean the ENTIRE house:

Tanny
    Rex
    Sporano
    Petine
    Sanchez

vCash
    My man Mr27X - I didn't mean to call you delusional - you are many good things, and delusional has NEVER been one of them.

From everything I read PRIOR to Denver signing Manning - John Elway was NEVER going to go into this year with Tim Tebow as the Bronco's starter. They had multiple people they were going to bring in - if Peyton didn't sign - including going after one of the wonder boys (Griffin/Luck) in the draft - but they made Peyton an offer he couldn't refuse - done deal. They would have thrown Tebow into any trade that upgraded them at QB.

From what I've read - I can't say I was there, but from what I read - John Elway would rather have all his precious horse teeth pulled (well...I don't know about that), rather than go into this year with Tim Tebow as his starter.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Problem with leaving Sanchez in is that he will prob have a good/decent game vs the Jags.

Rex will tout that performance as Sanchez finally turning the corner and we will end up going another year and a half with Sanchez at QB.

Like an X Jet just said. " Jets should put Sanchez out of his misery"
    I don't want them to stay with Sanchez past this season.

I'm saying what I want them to do. What they will end up doing is a complete mystery. My guess is as good as yours. Quiet frankly, I don't believe Rex stays with him, even if he has great games against the likes of Buffalo/Jacksonville.

Just my opinion but who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Really - it doesn't matter what happens to Sanchez'z play, REX, MrT, Tebow - ANYONE! I see $13 million reasons why Mark Sanchez will be on the team next year - WE can't forget that!

GO JETS!!!
    Good thing woody is driven by money..If Sanchez continues to stink and fans start not showing up for games ,believe me Woody will force a change.

I think Sanchez will be back next season but will be on a short short leash. I also think the jets will bring in or draft a QB.

To me in Rex's interview's he wasnt so much saying he wants to stick with Sanchez. What he was saying was he has no choice. As bad as Sanchez is he(Rex) doesnt feel he has a better option on the team. Problem is Fox said the exact same stuff last year and the fans know it.
    How's that move working out now Woody?

Can you imagine the Boos from the home crowd if the Jets lose to the Rams and Sanchez has another pathetic day? It will get ugly.

Someone pinch me...I feel like im back in 1995 with this team.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    My man Mr27X - I didn't mean to call you delusional - you are many good things, and delusional has NEVER been one of them.

From everything I read PRIOR to Denver signing Manning - John Elway was NEVER going to go into this year with Tim Tebow as the Bronco's starter. They had multiple people they were going to bring in - if Peyton didn't sign - including going after one of the wonder boys (Griffin/Luck) in the draft - but they made Peyton an offer he couldn't refuse - done deal. They would have thrown Tebow into any trade that upgraded them at QB.

From what I've read - I can't say I was there, but from what I read - John Elway would rather have all his precious horse teeth pulled (well...I don't know about that), rather than go into this year with Tim Tebow as his starter.

GO JETS!!!
    Exactly.

I'll take anybody as QB other than Tebow. Like I said, Tebow is good enough to keep you mediocre. No thanks.

vCash
    All I gotta say is Tanny and Rex better have a very good draft this April

vCash
    I don't think REX can bench Sanchez while there is any chance for a playoff spot, and here's why: 1) he never wanted Tebow - it is so clear, and as every Jet hating NY Journalist has said - he, and the players see Tebow throw the ball every day in practice, and there is nothing there that suggests he'll be a good QB - could Tebow win some games? I'm pretty sure he could, but we don't have the running game Denver did, we don't have the 2 big fast WRs Denver did that went deep, we don't have the disruptive defense that Denver did, although they gave up 1.7 points/game more than we did last year, and we get to play the AFC West.

Here is, perhaps, the REAL REASON REX CAN'T SWITCH QBs RIGHT NOW! The locker-room is still together, still believing in REX, and more important, believing in themselves. The TEAM - even the defense, sees how little fire power the offense has. Once REX starts benching Sanchez in hope of winning a few games, or doing something fort the sake of doing something (UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS ARE MATHEMATICALLY OUT OF REACH) - then the rest of the team, offense especially, is expendable, because they all own a big slice of this shite sandwich, and REX would rather cut his feet off than lose this locker-room, and the unintentional effect is REX probably keeps his job if the locker-room stays together.

REX may get a direct order (would Woody do this?) to play TEBOW, or maybe after 1, 2, 3 (? who knows - REX has staked his job, so far, on sticking up for Sanchez) more QB debacles, or for whatever reason - Tebow gets the starting job, and wins some games - but isn't a "revelation" (sorry, had to use the word) of great QB play - I don't see how that obligates ANYONE to have him be the starting QB next year, and assuming it's an open competition - Sanchez (who WILL BE A JET), and maybe even McElroy, would beat him out for starting QB in training camp.

I don't think there is anyone, other than Skip Bayless, that believes Tebow can be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

Just to point out how this is a passing league - and I've borrowed this thought from SB Nation - the leading rusher in the NFL - Adrian peterson - is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Sanchez, as horrible as he has been - is averaging 6.3 yards per ATTEMPTED PASS. I know Sanchez has way more turnovers, but he also has way more TDs.

This is a passing league - and although being able to run is important to be successful, if WE don't have a top notch QB - we will never be a consistent power-house. Tebow, McElroy, and it's becoming pretty obvious, that Sanchez will never be that guy. Could he have been? That's a completely different, hypothetical conversation.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I don't want them to stay with Sanchez past this season.

I'm saying what I want them to do. What they will end up doing is a complete mystery. My guess is as good as yours. Quiet frankly, I don't believe Rex stays with him, even if he has great games against the likes of Buffalo/Jacksonville.

Just my opinion but who knows?
    I hear you, but how do they ditch the $13 million dollar man - Sanchez in 2013!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Look, we arent going to be able to get anyone else in this season so the options we have are:

Sanchez - playing terrible and like JFS67 said more eloquently than me, appears to be on the verge of a breakdown of some kind at times. You need to bench the lad while he still has a chance to come back and play at the level his natural ability could allow next year - if not in NY then somewhere else. Just hanging him out to dry is bad for everyone.

McElroy - a guy I think could grow into a good player. We arent going to make the playoffs now, so my call would be let him come in and learn the offence "on the run". I havent seen the guy playing a lot in "live" games... but he has a bit of a spark about him, he's made some comments on the media that show he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder... thats not a bad thing to me. He needs to learn a bit of discretion maybe, but the fact he has a bit of a spark to his personality is a positive sign. From the warmup game he played in this year, he looked mobile. His basic mechanics looked ok. I just think give the guy a go.

Tebow - as a person almost every character flaw and emotional weakness that Sanchez has is a massive strength. He is likeable, confident, aggressive, supportive, a born fighter who will work his heart out for his teammates. But I just dont think his technique allows him enough accuracy to succeed at this level. Great arm strength. Great physical strength. A decent football brain. Decent decision making. And just really poor accuracy.

To me, Tebow behind a very good two back running game (McKnight and Powell or Greene) and an upgraded O line is a workable compliment to a great defence... he isnt going to win us many shootouts, but with strong coaching he can keep us in games. As a person you just cant fault the lad. I would LOVE Tebow to be able to develop his technique to a level that he could be a decent running QB. I dont share his religion, but I think he is just a great kid and a great role model. But what is he now, 23, 24? If you cant throw the ball correctly by 24, when you are as hard a worker and as bright a kid as he is, I just dont know that he is ever going to be able to.

If he isnt a QB, I'd love for us to try and use him as a TE or FB. Just as a person he gives you so much. If we've had him week in week out in training and his throwing action hasnt improved, someone (Mr T, Rex?) has to sit down with the lad and say "we want to keep you, but you're not a QB" or we let him go to Jax and have a go there. How we are using him now on punts and 5 plays a game that just further cripples Sanchez's confidence... its just not good for either of them.

_

What I dont understand that is that how the coaching staff just cannot see that the way they are using Sanchez and Tebow is bad for both of them and terrible for the team.

vCash
    I hear you, but how do they ditch the $13 million dollar man - Sanchez in 2013!

GO JETS!!!
    I don't think they'll ditch him, they obviously can't. He just won't start.

vCash
    I don't think REX can bench Sanchez while there is any chance for a playoff spot, and here's why: 1) he never wanted Tebow - it is so clear, and as every Jet hating NY Journalist has said - he, and the players see Tebow throw the ball every day in practice, and there is nothing there that suggests he'll be a good QB - could Tebow win some games? I'm pretty sure he could, but we don't have the running game Denver did, we don't have the 2 big fast WRs Denver did that went deep, we don't have the disruptive defense that Denver did, although they gave up 1.7 points/game more than we did last year, and we get to play the AFC West.

Here is, perhaps, the REAL REASON REX CAN'T SWITCH QBs RIGHT NOW! The locker-room is still together, still believing in REX, and more important, believing in themselves. The TEAM - even the defense, sees how little fire power the offense has. Once REX starts benching Sanchez in hope of winning a few games, or doing something fort the sake of doing something (UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS ARE MATHEMATICALLY OUT OF REACH) - then the rest of the team, offense especially, is expendable, because they all own a big slice of this shite sandwich, and REX would rather cut his feet off than lose this locker-room, and the unintentional effect is REX probably keeps his job if the locker-room stays together.

REX may get a direct order (would Woody do this?) to play TEBOW, or maybe after 1, 2, 3 (? who knows - REX has staked his job, so far, on sticking up for Sanchez) more QB debacles, or for whatever reason - Tebow gets the starting job, and wins some games - but isn't a "revelation" (sorry, had to use the word) of great QB play - I don't see how that obligates ANYONE to have him be the starting QB next year, and assuming it's an open competition - Sanchez (who WILL BE A JET), and maybe even McElroy, would beat him out for starting QB in training camp.

I don't think there is anyone, other than Skip Bayless, that believes Tebow can be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

Just to point out how this is a passing league - and I've borrowed this thought from SB Nation - the leading rusher in the NFL - Adrian peterson - is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Sanchez, as horrible as he has been - is averaging 6.3 yards per ATTEMPTED PASS. I know Sanchez has way more turnovers, but he also has way more TDs.

This is a passing league - and although being able to run is important to be successful, if WE don't have a top notch QB - we will never be a consistent power-house. Tebow, McElroy, and it's becoming pretty obvious, that Sanchez will never be that guy. Could he have been? That's a completely different, hypothetical conversation.

GO JETS!!!
    I dont believe that for one minute..The defense isnt blind. If they are even 1% competitive they have to be pissed off/fed up. They are just being good soldiers.

after last years debacle nobody wants to repeat that mess, so players are staying shut. And keeping it in house.

I dont think 1 player (except Sanchez) would complain if they benched Sanchez and went with Tebow. At 3-6 whats to lose? Players play to win and the Jets arent winning.

This false bravado can hurt the team more than help..If Sanchez continues to struggle, the jets continue to lose, Rex continues to say sanchez is best option and the media continue to bombard the team with Tebow questions how can any team not crack?

If Jenkins feels the way he does..How do you think the players are feeling.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-13-2012 at 02:43 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I dont believe that for one minute..The defense isnt blind. If they are even 1% competitive they have to be pissed off/fed up. They are just being good soldiers.

after last years debacle nobody wants to repeat that mess, so players are staying shut. And keeping it in house.

I dont think 1 player (except Sanchez) would complain if they benched Sanchez and went with Tebow. At 3-6 whats to lose? Players play to win and the Jets arent winning.

This false bravado can hurt the team more than help..If Sanchez continues to struggle, the jets continue to lose, Rex continues to say sanchez is best option and the media continue to bombard the team with Tebow questions how can any team not crack?

If Jenkins feels the way he does..How do you think the players are feeling.
    A better draft pick.

Tebow will play well enough to screw their chances at a good draft pick, but not good enough to win a super bowl. Tebow is not the answer.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast