Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I will commit to 2 years of Tebow over committing to 2 more years of Sanchez.

    Whether Tebow wins or loses, we WILL see him go all out and leave it out on the field.
    No one will ever question his effort, leadership or willingness to win.

    It doesn't appear the same can be said for Sanchez.

    No one is saying that Tebow is the answer, BUT you begin rebuilding by finding out what you have on your team during game situations.
    The Jets don't know what they have in Tebow as a QB, because he hasn't been given extended time at QB to find out.
    I say dump Sanchez after this year. Start again. If you start Tebow he will play well enough to not just be able to dump him. No thanks!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I say dump Sanchez after this year. Start again. If you start Tebow he will play well enough to not just be able to dump him. No thanks!
    Wait.
    You don't want to play Sanchez because you want to rebuild, BUT yet you don't want to play Tebow and find out what you would have in him.

    So who would be the QB, Greg McElroy?

    You know even less about his ability to lead this team than Tebow's.

    At least Tebow has a track record of being a good leader, that his teammates will go to war for him.

    If Tebow plays well enough not to dump him, then that means he did some good things, that alone is reason enough to start him.


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wait.
    You don't want to play Sanchez because you want to rebuild, BUT yet you don't want to play Tebow and find out what you would have in him.

    So who would be the QB, Greg McElroy?

    You know even less about his ability to lead this team than Tebow's.

    At least Tebow has a track record of being a good leader, that his teammates will go to war for him.

    If Tebow plays well enough not to dump him, then that means he did some good things, that alone is reason enough to start him.
    I heard that after every pass Manning completes, someone in the huddle always says, "I wish Tebow was still here to lead us."


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    ...Oh yea, and anyone that thinks the John Elway, and Denver only got rid of Tebow because Peyton Manning didn't want him there - is delusional. Elway was NOT going to have Tim Tebow be his QB come hell or high water. For Denver/Elway - they were not going to take no for an answer from Peyton, and the proof, Peyton is he's a Bronco!
    GO JETS!!!
    So if Peyton Manning goes to Miami to QB the fish instead of Denver, who is the broncos starting QB?

    That's right, Tim Tebow.

    Peyton going to Denver is ONLY proof that an ELITE, WORLD CLASS QB was available on the market, and they felt that Manning would be able to take the franchise further than any other option available.
    No one would deny that to be true, but that isn't an indication of Elway not wanting Tebow as QB if things didn't work out with Manning.

    The Jets placed a call about Manning too, did that mean the Jets were actively trying to get rid of Sanchez during the past offseason.
    Do you really think that if Manning would have came here that Sanchez would be the backup QB?
    I don't.

    But they weren't able to make the deal happen with Manning, therefore the Jets had to go another season with Sanchez.

    If you think Manning going to Denver played no part of Tebow being traded, then you're as delusional as you think I am.

    Maybe the anarchic Jets have turned this forum into the asylum (preferably Arkham) where delusions are the norm, kind of how like order replaces chaos which in turn replaces the order which replaced chaos.
    It's a quantum thing.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wait.
    You don't want to play Sanchez because you want to rebuild, BUT yet you don't want to play Tebow and find out what you would have in him.

    So who would be the QB, Greg McElroy?

    You know even less about his ability to lead this team than Tebow's.

    At least Tebow has a track record of being a good leader, that his teammates will go to war for him.

    If Tebow plays well enough not to dump him, then that means he did some good things, that alone is reason enough to start him.
    I don't understand why you don't understand me. I'm not questioning Tebow's leadership, I'm questioning his ability to play QB. He hasn't been a good at passing the ball all his life, why would it suddenly change now?

    I know what I have in Tebow. He is not a QB. PERIOD.

    I don't mind playing McElroy but you and I both know that won't happen. He hasn't played a single snap with the first team offense all season. If there's going to be a change at the QB position, it's going to be for Tebow. I hope to heavens that doesn't happen.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So if Peyton Manning goes to Miami to QB the fish instead of Denver, who is the broncos starting QB?

    That's right, Tim Tebow.

    Peyton going to Denver is ONLY proof that an ELITE, WORLD CLASS QB was available on the market, and they felt that Manning would be able to take the franchise further than any other option available.
    No one would deny that to be true, but that isn't an indication of Elway not wanting Tebow as QB if things didn't work out with Manning.

    The Jets placed a call about Manning too, did that mean the Jets were actively trying to get rid of Sanchez during the past offseason.
    Do you really think that if Manning would have came here that Sanchez would be the backup QB?
    I don't.

    But they weren't able to make the deal happen with Manning, therefore the Jets had to go another season with Sanchez.

    If you think Manning going to Denver played no part of Tebow being traded, then you're as delusional as you think I am.

    Maybe the anarchic Jets have turned this forum into the asylum (preferably Arkham) where delusions are the norm, kind of how like order replaces chaos which in turn replaces the order which replaced chaos.
    It's a quantum thing.
    Once again I THINK you misunderstood him.

    Of course Manning had to do with why Tebow was traded, It's just that Elway would have explored other options even if Manning had signed elsewhere.

    Reports out of Denver at the time was Denver's backup plan if Manning spurned them was Matt Flynn. Is Matt Flynn in Manning's class?? Heck the Jets weren't interested in Flynn. Manning however is a once in a lifetime QB. You gotta kick the barrel on that one.

    Elway wanted nothing to do with Tebow.

    Tebow keeps you in games, occasionally wins em, but will never win a super bowl. He'll keep you mediocre. In sports, mediocre is the worst thing. You strive to be an elite team but if you're not, you have to be on the bottom so that you can rebuild. Jets have been mediocre for too long.
    Last edited by yanksrock; 11-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I don't understand why you don't understand me.
    Because you have not made yourself clear on who you wanted to start yet.

    I'm not questioning Tebow's leadership, I'm questioning his ability to play QB. He hasn't been a good at passing the ball all his life, why would it suddenly change now?
    I don't need a QB that's suddenly good at passing the ball, I want a QB that can keep the team competitive and move chains. Tebow has shown that he is capable of doing that.

    I know what I have in Tebow. He is not a QB. PERIOD.
    Bad statement.
    How is Tebow not a QB?
    I have proof of his wins and losses as a QB.


    I don't mind playing McElroy
    FINALLY, a statement on the QB you want to play.

    but you and I both know that won't happen. He hasn't played a single snap with the first team offense all season. If there's going to be a change at the QB position, it's going to be for Tebow. I hope to heavens that doesn't happen.
    So you don't want Tebow to play based on the fact that he's not a QB, although as QB, he lead a very mediocre Broncos team to the playoffs last year.

    Instead you'd rather go with the weakest armed QB on the Jets roster, one that has not played with the 1st team, and one that is not known for throwing a good deep ball.

    But at least he scored good on the wonderlich, right?


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,070
    vCash
    1500
    I'm no tebow supporter, but as a fan you need to ask yourself this... WHY NOT? Marks numbers are getting worse. There's no sign of improvement from him at all. There's no reason to continue to let him play. I hate to admit it but tebow could provide a spark and we can win some games. I'd be happy if they gave tebow a shot.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So you don't want Tebow to play based on the fact that he's not a QB, although as QB, he lead a very mediocre Broncos team to the playoffs last year.

    Instead you'd rather go with the weakest armed QB on the Jets roster, one that has not played with the 1st team, and one that is not known for throwing a good deep ball.

    But at least he scored good on the wonderlich, right?
    Actually I want Sanchez to remain the starter so we get a higher draft pick.

    However if I was forced to make a change, I wouldn't MIND McElroy because with him there's a chance he might be a good QB based solely on the fact that he's a conventional QB.

    With Tebow you're doomed to mediocrity and heartache.

    Oh and Sanchez has two AFC title berths and right now he doesn't look like a very competent QB.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Actually I want Sanchez to remain the starter so we get a higher draft pick.

    However if I was forced to make a change, I wouldn't MIND McElroy because with him there's a chance he might be a good QB based solely on the fact that he's a conventional QB.

    With Tebow you're doomed to mediocrity and heartache.

    Oh and Sanchez has two AFC title berths and right now he doesn't look like a very competent QB.
    Problem with leaving Sanchez in is that he will prob have a good/decent game vs the Jags.

    Rex will tout that performance as Sanchez finally turning the corner and we will end up going another year and a half with Sanchez at QB.

    Like an X Jet just said. " Jets should put Sanchez out of his misery"


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    vCash
    1500
    I am not going to read through this thread. Usually do, especially before I answer but I am in no mood to read all the QB bashing that will go on.

    I will say this. I hope if people are honest they can tell that there is a big difference between the last 2 weeks and how Sanchez played before then. He is struggling now, but all QBs go through stretches hell even Brady and Eli have had their moments this season.

    I will say this though

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    vCash
    1500
    Rex's exact sentiments were it would be easy to blame him is we didn't have so many protection problems, wrong routes run, and dropped balls. Thats our head coach. I know some will say he is just protecting his player, but Rex isn't the tye to throw a bunch of guys under the bus like that if it wasn't true, specially not for ONE player.

    And if you don't think weapons matter look around the league. Here is a quick beakdown of just a little over 1 quarter of Dolton.

    Way underthrows a WIDE open receiver. But he is so open the receiver could stop running catch the ball and then take off again for a touchdown.

    Then he misses another throw in which his receiver just couldn't get his second foot down. Big deal because his receiver BURNT the defender. As the commentator said he could have just laid it in there and it was a walk in because of how much room the receiver had ahead of the corner.

    That ends up not mattering because he throws a touchdown to Hawkings. that touch down is a one handed catch with a defender draped all over him. He also had his tight end running across the middle, and he threw it behind him. The TE made an adjustment and made a play.

    And then thats not even going into when he could just throw it to a back, something thats not even an option here.

    If you don't think our weapons are making a difference those are all throws that the QB flat out missed on and they got a positive result out of.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I will say this. I hope if people are honest they can tell that there is a big difference between the last 2 weeks and how Sanchez played before then. He is struggling now, but all QBs go through stretches hell even Brady and Eli have had their moments this season.

    I will say this though
    four years is not a stretch...

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    vCash
    1500
    And if I agreed with you I'd say your right. But my point with that comment is I can show you right now people wanted to get rid of Brady because of his play this season, and Eli has thrown like 1 touchdown in the last what, month?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Once again I THINK you misunderstood him.
    <Don't think grasshopper. Feel.>


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •