Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    How do you know Tebow is not the answer?

    How has he fared in a full game of play?

    How has he done in a half of play?

    How has he fared given 1 consecutive drive?

    You can't answer any of those, therefore you can't answer whether or not Tebow is the answer.
    Because anybody that's ever coached him will tell you that. Heck Tony Sparano while with Miami was quoted saying he wants no part of this guy. If he was so good, why would Denver literally fall over themselves to trade him?

    Tebow is a great Football player, he's just not a QB.

    I'm not a Sanchez lover. I just think with Tebow you set yourself up for two more years of heartache before the Jets finally rebuild.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Like what exactly? We aren't getting to the playoffs this year and there are no stud QBs this year in the draft. Give the guy a shot.

    We gave Mark Sanchez a shot after he only played 16 games. Why not give the guy who won two ****ing Heismans a chance?
    It's not about this year. Everybody knows the Jets aren't making the playoffs. If you stick with Sanchez for the remainder of this season, the Jets can rebuild starting from this upcoming draft.

    I don't want to watch an inept offense featuring Tim Tebow for the next two and half years. But hey that's just me.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,949
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Because anybody that's ever coached him will tell you that. Heck Tony Sparano while with Miami was quoted saying he wants no part of this guy. If he was so good, why would Denver literally fall over themselves to trade him?

    Tebow is a great Football player, he's just not a QB.

    I'm not a Sanchez lover. I just think with Tebow you set yourself up for two more years of heartache before the Jets finally rebuild.
    Denver didn't fall over itself trying to trade Tebow, Payton Manning did not want to go to Denver with Tebow there, PERIOD!

    If Manning would have went elsewhere, there is a very good possibility that Tebow would be starting in Denver as we speak.


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Denver didn't fall over itself trying to trade Tebow, Payton Manning did not want to go to Denver with Tebow there, PERIOD!

    If Manning would have went elsewhere, there is a very good possibility that Tebow would be starting in Denver as we speak.
    My point is anybody that sees Tebow daily and watches his wobbly passes consistently knows that he's not the answer. So why not rebuild?

    Are you willing to commit to two years of Tebow?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    Can not defend the guy anymore.. Worst QB in the league... Granted no weapons.. But

    Who is the answer???? Any suggestions.. It's not tebow..
    Realistic trade ideas or free agent pick-ups????
    It's more like WHO is the answer. We need to address our QB situation really soon because I can't stand to watch Sanchez play this horrible anymore


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    988
    vCash
    1500
    The only thing I would say about Tebow is that if we are going to suck on offense, I'd rather watch a guy who at least tries his best and fights hard suck than a guy who looks like he just wishes he wasnt there.

    But if you are going to start Tebow, we need to be a LOT more effective on the run game.

    You're going to have to set up to run at least 50% of downs, and you've got to be making 4 yard runs on first down rather than 2.

    Honestly, the worse the offense has looked this season, the more I start to kind of think... why not give the kid a chance. He's never going to be a Manning or a Brady obviously... but he has a strong arm and he runs around well. He is a leader who will get people playing better. Maybe he can be a mid level running QB who can do a job for you.

    But, I still think McElroy is more the player we need. If he isnt lets find out for sure and cut the kid. But give him a chance.

    If you put Revis back in and maybe add a bit more speed at OLB next season, we are a top 4 defence. If all McElroy is is a game manager, if he is a decent one, that could be good enough.

    _

    With the way Sanchez has played the last few games starting with 49ers, I just think you have to bench him on principle as someone above stated. If you can play that bad, and retreat so much into your shell and not fight for your team, and keep your place... what does that say to everyone? It doesnt matter how much you suck, if you're the starter you keep starting whatever? Yes there are other issues on the team, but Sanchez has been horrible most of the season and his attitude is just that of a guy who doesnt believe in himself and almost wants to be dropped because he cant cope with the stress.

    If you can rebuild his confidence, he has the basic tools to be an okay QB. But his confidence is shot and he isnt going to play himself out of it.

    We HAVE to try something else. We are actually destroying Sanchez as a player by sticking in him no matter how bad he is playing at the moment.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    My point is anybody that sees Tebow daily and watches his wobbly passes consistently knows that he's not the answer. So why not rebuild?

    Are you willing to commit to two years of Tebow?
    Have you seen tebow when he throws the ball out of the wildcat? He actually has a pretty good ball, I dont know where your wobbly ducking throw is coming from.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Tebow or McElroy need to start vs the rams its that simple. IDC if tebow isnt better he sure as hell cant be worse. And we need to see if McElroy even deserves a damn roster spot next year.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    The only thing I would say about Tebow is that if we are going to suck on offense, I'd rather watch a guy who at least tries his best and fights hard suck than a guy who looks like he just wishes he wasnt there.

    But if you are going to start Tebow, we need to be a LOT more effective on the run game.

    You're going to have to set up to run at least 50% of downs, and you've got to be making 4 yard runs on first down rather than 2.

    Honestly, the worse the offense has looked this season, the more I start to kind of think... why not give the kid a chance. He's never going to be a Manning or a Brady obviously... but he has a strong arm and he runs around well. He is a leader who will get people playing better. Maybe he can be a mid level running QB who can do a job for you.

    But, I still think McElroy is more the player we need. If he isnt lets find out for sure and cut the kid. But give him a chance.

    If you put Revis back in and maybe add a bit more speed at OLB next season, we are a top 4 defence. If all McElroy is is a game manager, if he is a decent one, that could be good enough.

    _

    With the way Sanchez has played the last few games starting with 49ers, I just think you have to bench him on principle as someone above stated. If you can play that bad, and retreat so much into your shell and not fight for your team, and keep your place... what does that say to everyone? It doesnt matter how much you suck, if you're the starter you keep starting whatever? Yes there are other issues on the team, but Sanchez has been horrible most of the season and his attitude is just that of a guy who doesnt believe in himself and almost wants to be dropped because he cant cope with the stress.

    If you can rebuild his confidence, he has the basic tools to be an okay QB. But his confidence is shot and he isnt going to play himself out of it.

    We HAVE to try something else. We are actually destroying Sanchez as a player by sticking in him no matter how bad he is playing at the moment.
    Really nice post. Much better than the ones that say: Greene sucks, the OL sucks, the coach sucks, Woody Sucks, Tanny sucks, the D sucks, etc. You can't say enough about how important it is to have a competent QB. Look at the worst starters in the league, and then look at the record of those teams. Mark needs a time out.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Have you seen tebow when he throws the ball out of the wildcat? He actually has a pretty good ball, I dont know where your wobbly ducking throw is coming from.
    He throws two yard screen passes (in the Seattle game, two wobbly ones to Kerely). I can do that effectively.

    Every report out of practice is that he throws wobbly balls.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    He throws two yard screen passes (in the Seattle game, two wobbly ones to Kerely). I can do that effectively.

    Every report out of practice is that he throws wobbly balls.
    regardless, if his decision making is better than our current QB its worth a shot. Sanchez's bad throws arnt because of spiral or velocity its because he throws way to late or is confused about the coverage. Tebow at this point deserves a shot. Im saying this even when I absolutely 100% HATE tebow.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    regardless, if his decision making is better than our current QB its worth a shot. Sanchez's bad throws arnt because of spiral or velocity its because he throws way to late or is confused about the coverage. Tebow at this point deserves a shot. Im saying this even when I absolutely 100% HATE tebow.
    I don't like Sanchez as much as you. It's just to me and apparently the coaches don't think he's the answer. That's aside from the fact that I don't want two years of Tebow-time which will happen if he's named the starter. It may be an upgrade this season, but it puts us in a bad position for the long haul.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    2,414
    vCash
    1500
    NO NO NO! We can't have our goal be - "Build a great defense, and get a game-manager." NO! That may be what we look like for a year, or so - but that can never be OUR GOAL!

    Sanchez is delusional - to sit there after a game like that, and say that he's not worried about his job, and keep saying he can fix his red zone INTs and ridiculous fumbles. He should be extremely worried, because right now, he is the worst starting QB in the NFL!

    Has Sanchez been sabotaged? Yes, we know this: 1) low talent receivers and RBs, 2) He has been "brought-up" in a REX RYAN Defensively dominated mind that thinks a game manager is all that he needs; 3) bringing in Tebow was the lowest blow - and then TREX trying to convince Mark that HE IS THE STARTING QB NO MATTER WHAT (and yet, every time Sanchez completes a long pass - they bring Tebow in - HOW can that help?) ! Who wouldn't like a job where there are no repercussions for failure - what a joke; 4) MrT extended his contract, when we could've been rid of him cheap next year - so the entire organization is holding Sanchez's jock strap because they can't afford to let him fail - WRONG! That move, Holmes, David Harris's contract (paying him like a super star instead of a solid ILB), along with some weak drafting - should cost MrT his job.

    Despite all of this - anybody that has watched the Jets knows that the end result, despite all the contributing factors, is that Mark Sanchez gives us almost no chance of winning consistently, and I think he has been permanently damaged psychologically.

    IS Tim Tebow the answer? He is not the long-term answer, UNLESS they let him start, and he wins every game and takes US to a Super Bowl win. Would I like to see that? Heck yes, but I'd also like to win the lottery Wednesday Night (chances 1:13.2 million).

    Just because Tebow starts, probably the sooner the better IF THAT IS A POSSIBILITY, does NOT mean we're stuck with him for several years. Nothing in his contract says that. BTW - Tim Tebow was a good College Football Player ending up as a QB (of sorts) for Florida, with their all around talent, and Irvin Myers scheming for his success. HE IS NOT A GOOD NFL QB - and I doubt he ever will be - but is that enough reason to stick with Sanchez? I don't think so - but unless he wins a SB - we're not "stuck with him." Sanchez, on the other hand, we are stuck with, just like we were with Holmes this year - only more so - and he has ZERO trade value. Nobody is going to give us anything for him and his contract. We would have to GIVE up something - money, +/- players/picks.

    When the starting QB sucks, and the 2nd string really isn't a good option - the "3RD STRING QB becomes the most popular player on the team" (something like that). I understand the idea of wanting to see what Greg McElroy can do. The biggest realistic thing speaking against this is - McElroy has not been playing NY Jets football. He has been playing "scout team" football, and has about ZERO time with the starting offense, and would need to be given this time with the "one's," and it is just not happening - not with REX standing (sinking really) behind Sanchez - so it's not like - "Oh, lets plug in McElroy," because he hasn't been active once this year, or practiced this year.

    When the Jets are mathematically eliminated - then this makes the most sense.

    Oh yea, and anyone that thinks the John Elway, and Denver only got rid of Tebow because Peyton Manning didn't want him there - is delusional. Elway was NOT going to have Tim Tebow be his QB come hell or high water. For Denver/Elway - they were not going to take no for an answer from Peyton, and the proof, Peyton is he's a Bronco!

    Tebow can start - I don't care because I can't stand seeing Mark Sanchez suffer out there (of course - OUR suffering is even worse because, Sanchez is getting paid millions), whether he stinks up the joint on the field, or gets his comeuppance by being benched. With REX's impassioned speech sticking up for Sanchez, not only after the game, but also today - this afternoon on the "Michael Kay Show." It seems unlikely that Sanchez is going to get benched, at least not this week, and if/when Mark stinks it up in St. Louis - does he bring Tebow in to start against the Patriots with 3 days to prepare (really, just 2 days @ best) for Thanksgiving's home game.

    This sucks. I wanted Mark Sanchez to be our ANSWER @ QB, our FRANCHISE QB, but for all the reasons - he is NOT the GREAT QB we need to be a sustained powerhouse! Matt Barkley is probably Mark Sanchez/Matt Leinart - at least - how can you not think that!

    GO JETS!!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    NO NO NO! We can't have our goal be - "Build a great defense, and get a game-manager." NO! That may be what we look like for a year, or so - but that can never be OUR GOAL!

    Sanchez is delusional - to sit there after a game like that, and say that he's not worried about his job, and keep saying he can fix his red zone INTs and ridiculous fumbles. He should be extremely worried, because right now, he is the worst starting QB in the NFL!

    Has Sanchez been sabotaged? Yes, we know this: 1) low talent receivers and RBs, 2) He has been "brought-up" in a REX RYAN Defensively dominated mind that thinks a game manager is all that he needs; 3) bringing in Tebow was the lowest blow - and then TREX trying to convince Mark that HE IS THE STARTING QB NO MATTER WHAT (and yet, every time Sanchez completes a long pass - they bring Tebow in - HOW can that help?) ! Who wouldn't like a job where there are no repercussions for failure - what a joke; 4) MrT extended his contract, when we could've been rid of him cheap next year - so the entire organization is holding Sanchez's jock strap because they can't afford to let him fail - WRONG! That move, Holmes, David Harris's contract (paying him like a super star instead of a solid ILB), along with some weak drafting - should cost MrT his job.

    Despite all of this - anybody that has watched the Jets knows that the end result, despite all the contributing factors, is that Mark Sanchez gives us almost no chance of winning consistently, and I think he has been permanently damaged psychologically.

    IS Tim Tebow the answer? He is not the long-term answer, UNLESS they let him start, and he wins every game and takes US to a Super Bowl win. Would I like to see that? Heck yes, but I'd also like to win the lottery Wednesday Night (chances 1:13.2 million).

    Just because Tebow starts, probably the sooner the better IF THAT IS A POSSIBILITY, does NOT mean we're stuck with him for several years. Nothing in his contract says that. BTW - Tim Tebow was a good College Football Player ending up as a QB (of sorts) for Florida, with their all around talent, and Irvin Myers scheming for his success. HE IS NOT A GOOD NFL QB - and I doubt he ever will be - but is that enough reason to stick with Sanchez? I don't think so - but unless he wins a SB - we're not "stuck with him." Sanchez, on the other hand, we are stuck with, just like we were with Holmes this year - only more so - and he has ZERO trade value. Nobody is going to give us anything for him and his contract. We would have to GIVE up something - money, +/- players/picks.

    When the starting QB sucks, and the 2nd string really isn't a good option - the "3RD STRING QB becomes the most popular player on the team" (something like that). I understand the idea of wanting to see what Greg McElroy can do. The biggest realistic thing speaking against this is - McElroy has not been playing NY Jets football. He has been playing "scout team" football, and has about ZERO time with the starting offense, and would need to be given this time with the "one's," and it is just not happening - not with REX standing (sinking really) behind Sanchez - so it's not like - "Oh, lets plug in McElroy," because he hasn't been active once this year, or practiced this year.

    When the Jets are mathematically eliminated - then this makes the most sense.

    Oh yea, and anyone that thinks the John Elway, and Denver only got rid of Tebow because Peyton Manning didn't want him there - is delusional. Elway was NOT going to have Tim Tebow be his QB come hell or high water. For Denver/Elway - they were not going to take no for an answer from Peyton, and the proof, Peyton is he's a Bronco!

    Tebow can start - I don't care because I can't stand seeing Mark Sanchez suffer out there (of course - OUR suffering is even worse because, Sanchez is getting paid millions), whether he stinks up the joint on the field, or gets his comeuppance by being benched. With REX's impassioned speech sticking up for Sanchez, not only after the game, but also today - this afternoon on the "Michael Kay Show." It seems unlikely that Sanchez is going to get benched, at least not this week, and if/when Mark stinks it up in St. Louis - does he bring Tebow in to start against the Patriots with 3 days to prepare (really, just 2 days @ best) for Thanksgiving's home game.

    This sucks. I wanted Mark Sanchez to be our ANSWER @ QB, our FRANCHISE QB, but for all the reasons - he is NOT the GREAT QB we need to be a sustained powerhouse! Matt Barkley is probably Mark Sanchez/Matt Leinart - at least - how can you not think that!

    GO JETS!!!
    Great post. You make very valid points.

    I think with Tebow we can win a few games which would mean they would give him next year as well. That's one too many years. As you stated he is not a good NFL QB.

    I'd rather tank with Sanchez and start fresh next year.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,949
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    My point is anybody that sees Tebow daily and watches his wobbly passes consistently knows that he's not the answer. So why not rebuild?

    Are you willing to commit to two years of Tebow?
    I will commit to 2 years of Tebow over committing to 2 more years of Sanchez.

    Whether Tebow wins or loses, we WILL see him go all out and leave it out on the field.
    No one will ever question his effort, leadership or willingness to win.

    It doesn't appear the same can be said for Sanchez.

    No one is saying that Tebow is the answer, BUT you begin rebuilding by finding out what you have on your team during game situations.
    The Jets don't know what they have in Tebow as a QB, because he hasn't been given extended time at QB to find out.


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •