Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: BW's Log

vCash

BW's Log

Not exactly sure what to post in here... Diet and exercise?

Help me out fellas lol

5am breakfast: 2 prices of wheat toast with 3 tablespoons of strawberry jelly split into 2 for each piece. Skipped the butter. 2 glasses of water.

I'll be headed back to the gym at 10am. God I'm so out of shape.

I'm hypoglycemic so any advice is appreciated. My dr always says high protein and fiber but that rarely helps.

Lunch will most likely be a salad with chicken an low fat dressing.

Anything else I should include in here?
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    You dont have to necessarily post your diet, but I believe logging your workouts and gauging your progress is paramount in staying motivated and focused.

vCash
    Ok thanks!

30 minutes on the bike today, can't do too much just yet.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Walked 2 miles today with a friend. Very proud of myself
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Keep it up BW! PMA is essential. Always keep perspective and don't become impatient if results aren't coming fast enough.

vCash
    That's my problem, I don't know how to eat healthy while being hypoglycemic. I'm ALWAYS eating and it pisses me off. Idk what to do. I feel like the exercise is for nothing.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Since you are hypoglycemic, eating complex carbohydrates can help with the symptoms. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread/bagels, fruits, legumes, etc. Try pairing up a few meals a day with a healthy source of fat to slow down digestion; it will help curb your craving. You could eat a handful of almonds or any nuts.

Do you know what your caloric maintenance level is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    Since you are hypoglycemic, eating complex carbohydrates can help with the symptoms. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread/bagels, fruits, legumes, etc. Try pairing up a few meals a day with a healthy source of fat to slow down digestion; it will help curb your craving. You could eat a handful of almonds or any nuts.

Do you know what your caloric maintenance level is?
    Thank you I will be sure to get those.

I'm not even sure I know what caloric maintenance level means...

This has been a VERY frustrating day for me. I tried to walk again today but after 1/4 a mile my shins and lower back started hurting SO BAD I couldn't go any farther. I had to turn around and limp all the way back to my car. What the hell is the point of trying to work out when I can't even ****ing do it??? I'm so embarrassed and pissed off. I don't know what to do. Just when I finally want to exercise my body says a big **** YOU to me. I feel so helpless and hopeless.
    Last edited by BlackWidow; 11-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Back on track... Cleared my head. Can't let anything discourage me.

Still can't walk more than a few feet without my shins screaming at me...
    Don't like me?

vCash
    wats up bw!

Don't worry about it, if ur body's hurting, listen to it. Slow and steady is always better than overkill, because at the end its all about consistency. If you are consistent, and you understand what you're doing and giving it an honest shot, you WILL see results. Just gotta give it time. In my experience, nothing kills that consistency like overkill to the point where you don't even enjoy the workout.

vCash
    I don't enjoy working out no matter what LMFAO but I know what you mean.

I've lost 8lbs as of this morning
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Keep up the good work, BW! But really, listen to your body. Trust me, I made the mistake of "pushing through" and it has cost me surgery and a lot of wasted time recovering from the injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Thank you I will be sure to get those.

I'm not even sure I know what caloric maintenance level means...

This has been a VERY frustrating day for me. I tried to walk again today but after 1/4 a mile my shins and lower back started hurting SO BAD I couldn't go any farther. I had to turn around and limp all the way back to my car. What the hell is the point of trying to work out when I can't even ****ing do it??? I'm so embarrassed and pissed off. I don't know what to do. Just when I finally want to exercise my body says a big **** YOU to me. I feel so helpless and hopeless.
    Use this

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

You dont have to be a nutrition nazi and count calories every single day, but practice it for a week or so just to give you an idea of how many calories you should be eating.

As for your shins and lower back, try doing some dynamic warm ups beforehand such as skips, jumping jacks, or maybe use a jump rope if you have one. Make sure you are properly clothed so that your limbs have sufficient warmth and blood flow.

Congrats on losing the 8 lbs.