Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Upper and lower body workouts

Can someone help me put together a workout. I will be doing it at home and not sure how to set up full upper and lower days properly. I have pullup bar and dumbbells as well as bench and barbbell. I still cant do any biceps due to my damn forearm.

vCash
    you can do the traditional:

Mon - Upper
    Tues - Lower
    Thurs - Upper
    Fri - Lower

Upper Compound lifts: Standing BB press, BB Push press, Seated BB press, Flat/Incline BB/DB bench press, close grip bench press

Lower Compound lifts: BB back squat, BB front squat, Box squats, deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts

Upper accessory lifts: Pull ups, Chin ups, BB/DB/cable rows, Tricep extensions, push ups, dips, front/side raises, external rotations, bicep curls, etc.

Lower accessory lifts: good mornings, bulgarian split squats, lunges, reverse lunges, pull throughs, glute-ham raises, reverse hypers, leg presses, etc.

Pick one compound lift for each respective training session and add how ever many accessory lifts you see fit. Do not go overkill on the amount of accessory lifts.

You can switch the main (compound) lift once you hit a plateau or if you desire.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Its says page cannot be found

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    you can do the traditional:

Mon - Upper
    Tues - Lower
    Thurs - Upper
    Fri - Lower

Upper Compound lifts: Standing BB press, BB Push press, Seated BB press, Flat/Incline BB/DB bench press, close grip bench press

Lower Compound lifts: BB back squat, BB front squat, Box squats, deadlift, stiff leg deadlifts

Upper accessory lifts: Pull ups, Chin ups, BB/DB/cable rows, Tricep extensions, push ups, dips, front/side raises, external rotations, bicep curls, etc.

Lower accessory lifts: good mornings, bulgarian split squats, lunges, reverse lunges, pull throughs, glute-ham raises, reverse hypers, leg presses, etc.

Pick one compound lift for each respective training session and add how ever many accessory lifts you see fit. Do not go overkill on the amount of accessory lifts.

You can switch the main (compound) lift once you hit a plateau or if you desire.
    Do I do the same workout on each upper day or do I switch the entire workout around to hit different muscles on the second day.I am trying to make sure I hit all of the muscles equally each week. I was thinking about super setting bench press with pullups and then doing hspu and dips would that hit the upper body hard enough. Then the second upper day I would need to do some kind of flys and raises would I not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Its says page cannot be found
    here's the program:

Mon: Lower
    Squat: 3-4X6-8/3′ (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3′ rest)
    SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3′
    Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2′
    Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2′
    Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3′
    Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2′

Tue: Upper
    Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3′
    Row: 3-4X6-8/3′
    Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2′
    Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2′
    Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5′
    Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5′

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Do I do the same workout on each upper day or do I switch the entire workout around to hit different muscles on the second day.I am trying to make sure I hit all of the muscles equally each week. I was thinking about super setting bench press with pullups and then doing hspu and dips would that hit the upper body hard enough. Then the second upper day I would need to do some kind of flys and raises would I not.
    Pick any variation of bench for one day and then any variation of press the other upper day. Yes, you should do different exercises for each upper day.

Ill throw up a quick example:

Monday:

Flat BB bench
    Pull ups
    DB curls
    Tricep extensions
    DB ext. rotations

Thursday:

Seated DB shoulder press
    BB rows or DB rows
    Dips
    Side raises
    BB curls

Stick with the same exercises for atleast a month before you want to switch it up. You should stick with them until you feel you are plateauing or just getting a little bored with it.

vCash
    I get it. Thanks

vCash
    Pick any variation of bench for one day and then any variation of press the other upper day. Yes, you should do different exercises for each upper day.

Ill throw up a quick example:

Monday:

Flat BB bench
    Pull ups
    DB curls
    Tricep extensions
    DB ext. rotations

Thursday:

Seated DB shoulder press
    BB rows or DB rows
    Dips
    Side raises
    BB curls

Stick with the same exercises for atleast a month before you want to switch it up. You should stick with them until you feel you are plateauing or just getting a little bored with it.
    I cant do any biceps exercises right now. should I just remove them or add another exercise for a different body part.

vCash
    I cant do any biceps exercises right now. should I just remove them or add another exercise for a different body part.
    Did you tear your bicep?

I wouldnt do any rowing/pull ups or deadlifts either if you tore your bicep recently.

you should def stray away from any exercises that aggravate it
    Last edited by BKdoubleStacker; 10-30-2012 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    Did you tear your bicep?

I wouldnt do any rowing/pull ups or deadlifts either if you tore your bicep recently.

you should def stray away from any exercises that aggravate it
    It seems like only curls bother it a lot, pullups only bother it a little bit and deadlifts not at all. It is more something in my forearm that bothers me when doing curls.

vCash
    Def skip the curls then.

Your biceps will still grow with pull ups/deadlifts, etc.

vCash
    What are the pros and cons of doing this type of workout.

vCash
    Pros: you get jacked:

Cons: you get jacked

vCash
    Oh well I guess I am jacked to hear that.lol. Why does it not to seem to be as popular as training one or 2 body parts per day then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast