Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: #TradeEvans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    wait jason thompson is regarded as a "quality" big man? when did that happen haha
    Do you actually watch Kings games? I have watched all Kings games minus 3 games this season. I see you put down both Thompson and Hayes. The Kings are not a good team but both of these players have played well this season. Thompson has been solid on both the offense and defensive end and he has been rebounding well. I would imagine a lot of teams would be happy to have Jason Thompson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    wait jason thompson is regarded as a "quality" big man? when did that happen haha
    Started last year.

He's been awesome. Found his game and hasn't stopped.

If he didn't have such butterfingers, he would be averaging more points. Since he can rarely post up without turning it over and we haven't been playing him in the high pick-and-roll this season to hit those 15-18 footers or whatever they are, we don't run any offensive plays for him.

vCash

#TradeEvans

I wouldn't run an offensive play to him either. His post moves are lame! He always goes strong into the defender and then fades backwards. Well when he faces up or has someone at block, he does it too much haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Started last year.

He's been awesome. Found his game and hasn't stopped.

If he didn't have such butterfingers, he would be averaging more points. Since he can rarely post up without turning it over and we haven't been playing him in the high pick-and-roll this season to hit those 15-18 footers or whatever they are, we don't run any offensive plays for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I wouldn't run an offensive play to him either. His post moves are lame! He always goes strong into the defender and then fades backwards. Well when he faces up or has someone at block, he does it too much haha
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, this season at least. He's been great great at using his size to get close to the rim and finish with half hooks. You don't always need "moves", just a feel for the defender and he seems to have found that.

We don't go to him much, and with Demarcus out he's been our only defender over 6'9" so he's susceptible to foul trouble considering our horrible perimeter defense
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, this season at least. He's been great great at using his size to get close to the rim and finish with half hooks. You don't always need "moves", just a feel for the defender and he seems to have found that.

We don't go to him much, and with Demarcus out he's been our only defender over 6'9" so he's susceptible to foul trouble considering our horrible perimeter defense
    Like I said, he's great at catching and shooting, but he can't create for himself. He has butterfingers. Catching the ball down low and throwing up a half hook isn't creating for yourself. That just means he's good at getting position.

vCash
    Like I said, he's great at catching and shooting, but he can't create for himself. He has butterfingers. Catching the ball down low and throwing up a half hook isn't creating for yourself. That just means he's good at getting position.
    I think that JT has been good at creating his own shots this season. His post moves are certainly not pretty, but he gets the ball to drop. Also, even when he misses, he's usually in decent position to put back his own miss. His jumper has also improved. His improvement has been one of the few bright spots this season.

vCash
    You're not watching very close

He's backing his man down (without lowering his shoulder like he used to), pump faking, making jump stops to "his spot", finishing with confidence. He's not just catching and shooting, look back the last couple years, you'll see the difference. Guarantee you he's one of our highest valued players right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I think that JT has been good at creating his own shots this season. His post moves are certainly not pretty, but he gets the ball to drop. Also, even when he misses, he's usually in decent position to put back his own miss. His jumper has also improved. His improvement has been one of the few bright spots this season.
    Ditto
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    You're not watching very close

He's backing his man down (without lowering his shoulder like he used to), pump faking, making jump stops to "his spot", finishing with confidence. He's not just catching and shooting, look back the last couple years, you'll see the difference. Guarantee you he's one of our highest valued players right now.

Ditto
    I'm watching. He is one of our most high valued players. I don't disagree.

As for creating his own shot, it has improved, but I still don't feel comfortable with him doing it. Most of the time when he get's the ball outside the paint and tries to back down his defender, he get's in stripped away from him. Dude has butterfingers. That's the only thing that I have a problem with. Everything else he has much improved upon or is already really good at.

He's been more than solid for us these last 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quality big man... hmm..
    Jt is soild.
    A bit over paid.
    Not the guy that is your 3rd option.
    But can strech the floor.
    Hit a 18 foot open shoot.
    Gets his fair share of rebounds.
    But still need to work on his basketball iq.

I still think he can get even better. I know he could pull atlest 3 more boards a game. Plus if he was just a bit smarter around the rim he would be an allstar candidate. He is one of the kings that I don't want to see traded.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617