Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: #TradeEvans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would rather have Jason Thompson than both Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee and you want to throw in Aaron Brooks too? What is with people wanting to trade quality players for backups.
    I agree. JT is more valuable to us than both of those players imo. We have one player who is consistent and valuable (well, 2 I suppose including Chuck), and people want to get rid of him...
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

#TradeEvans

Something's gotta give to improve..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    This team needs stability of some sort. Getting rid of one of the only reliable players this team has for risky players is no good. I'd rather trade Thornton as he likely has value around the league as a 6th man, so we could get something decent in return. (Unless of course he stops chucking and starts shooting consistently, in which case we desperately need him, but I won't hold my breath)
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

#TradeEvans

Thornton is much more reliable than Thompson. If Thornton fouls out, we have problems. If Thompson fouls out, no big deal. Thornton is more key to this team than Thompson. Thompson should be traded for a veteran 3 or 4. Tayshaun Prince , Shane battier, or something like that. Also, tyreke should be traded first so we know what to look for Thompson suitors

vCash
    Thornton is much more reliable than Thompson. If Thornton fouls out, we have problems. If Thompson fouls out, no big deal. Thornton is more key to this team than Thompson. Thompson should be traded for a veteran 3 or 4. Tayshaun Prince , Shane battier, or something like that. Also, tyreke should be traded first so we know what to look for Thompson suitors
    Are you getting Thompson and Thronton mixed up??

If JT fouls out, we're down to 3 bigmen. If Thronton fouls out, we have 4-5 other guys than can come in and shoot a 3 ball.

MT doesn't do anything for us, but shoot the 3 ball and the ability to hit a clutch shot.

JT plays defense, eats glass, and has the ability to hit 15 footers. He can also post up and is great at getting the open dunk.

MT is streaky, JT is consistent.

I'll keep JT over MT anyday.

vCash

#TradeEvans

Why? JT can't score at will, can't pass very well, and I'd never run an offense centered around him. When JT is hot he scores 18 pts a game. Marcus Thornton averages that! Marcus Thornton averaging like 16 points in like 25 minutes. He is a stud! He plays above average defense. He is scrappy and he boards well for a little guy. Thornton actually adds something we haven't had. A guy who can score inside and out and can draw an extra defender and spread the floor and gives us a go to guy in the clutch

vCash
    Why? JT can't score at will, can't pass very well, and I'd never run an offense centered around him. When JT is hot he scores 18 pts a game. Marcus Thornton averages that! Marcus Thornton averaging like 16 points in like 25 minutes. He is a stud! He plays above average defense. He is scrappy and he boards well for a little guy. Thornton actually adds something we haven't had. A guy who can score inside and out and can draw an extra defender and spread the floor and gives us a go to guy in the clutch

Marcus Thornton routinely does not play defense. Capable of it? possibly. But he usually does not. You also can not run an offense around Thornton. The only two people you could run an offense around is Cousins and Evans if he had a mediocre jump shot

vCash
    Well, my reason for adding brooks is so Isaiah and Jimmer get more pt. and someone says when we win, brooks plays well. So IMO that means brooks has had 8 good games outta the like 25 we've played. That's not very quality to me. Brandon bass is a very good player, very similar to JT, but has accomplished more and can bring better leadership. Courtney lee is just struggling with celtics. I thought it was a bad fit when he signed. But it's just my opinion.
    I stop reading right there, the dude is a journeyman. Only reason he was in the playoff cuz he was playing with howard. This is a sideway move at best.

vCash
    I would never run an offense around a chucker.

MT can't score inside. He rarely drives and makes it.

He doesn't draw multiple defenders unless he's going to the rack. He does spread the floor, but he has a terrible shot selection so him spreading the floor is useless, cause he doesn't pass.

vCash
    I think T Rob is fine. Yeah he's struggling but he's just being TOO aggressive and that's very fixable. I'm in no urgency to trade him. He will be a stud. I'd rather trade JT because he actually has proven himself and has much higher trade value. Like trading him and Brooks for Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee. That makes us better. I love TRob he is so raw
    As a celtics fan I'd be down for this deal. Brooks isn't even necessary I take a chuck Hayes even

vCash
    I just want to point out that it's 13.6 points in 27 minutes. Also, he doesn't even average 3 boards a game.
    ]

vCash
    You are not going to improve by significantly downgrading talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    What do you think Jason Thompson fetches us?
    I don't know off hand what he fetches. Quality big men will bring you something of value. What I dont understand is why do you want to trade him? Youth is our biggest problem, and now that we have suffered through the development years of Thompson, and he is playing like a experienced PF you want to trade him. It just does not make sense to me. If you want to get into the numbers we already have problems rebounding, trading Thompson is going to make that worst especially if you want to trade him for 2 bench players.

vCash
    #donttradeJTThaKid

vCash
    wait jason thompson is regarded as a "quality" big man? when did that happen haha

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast