Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: #TradeEvans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Tyreke Evans for Josh Smith
    Hawks are not going to trade Josh Smith for Tyreke Evans. No throwing in Garcia and Outlaw is not going to help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Tyreke Evans for Josh Smith
    Hawks are not going to trade Josh Smith for Tyreke Evans. Throwing in Garcia and Outlaw is not going to help.

vCash
    Everytime I watch the Kings play I keep thinking the starting lineup is killing us. I was curious and I went through and looked at Evans and Johnson +/- for each game, and in 6 of the 8 games it was one of the worst on the Kings. 3 games Evans and Johnson were 1 and 2 as the worst +/-....

The last 2 games Evans was -38 and Johnson was -38, and in those same 2 games Fredette is +7 and Salmons is +9. You have to take those stats with a grain of salt but I am tired of watching the backups come into the game with the Kings losing by double digits then watching the backups go on a run to bring us back to make it a close game, then I get to watch the starters start the 2nd half to stink it up again.

vCash
    I can't agree more. But we need to build tyreke's value before the trade deadline. So, that's why. I think he needs to come off the bench as a 3 or with salmons as a 3. So he goes against a 2nd unit or/and good shooters. His value HAS to be better then now; or we're screwed. So I think if we lose every game as tyreke as the star I'll take it. We're not going anywhere anyway. So getting something good for tyreke should be our priority.

vCash
    Tyreke is a good player, just not played in positions to succeed..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Tyreke is a good player, just not played in positions to succeed..
    What position does he play exactly? He's quick but not quick enough to defend elite point guards. He can play shooting guard but he needs lots of shooters around him which he doesn't have so that wont work for us, and he can't play Small Forward because he can't shoot!

He's just a lost cause for us. We should just trade him for Deng, Gallo, AK47, Gay, or any other good small forward that can shoot

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    What position does he play exactly? He's quick but not quick enough to defend elite point guards. He can play shooting guard but he needs lots of shooters around him which he doesn't have so that wont work for us, and he can't play Small Forward because he can't shoot!

He's just a lost cause for us. We should just trade him for Deng, Gallo, AK47, Gay, or any other good small forward that can shoot
    I think we should start

Jimmer
    Tyreke
    Thornton
    Thompson
    Cuz

He can share the ball handling responsibilities with Jimmer, who is showing improved handling and defense

And he can guard the best player on the perimeter on defense and play the 2 on offense.. I think it would help the team in assists/turnovers since Isaiah and Brooks haven't passed well and are always looking for their own, and it would help our shooting percent since we'd have Thornton and Jimmer together.

Our 2nd unit could be

Isaiah
    Brooks
    Johnson
    T-Rob
    Hayes

they'd give us quick offense with the 2 speedy guards, Johnson could cover the best perimeter player and Hayes could be the guy who runs the half court with T-Rob being the hustling rebounder in the unit.. I like these lineups

vCash
    You have to be a Nelly fan. The most winning coach! All o' no d' baby! He's being awarded some thing to do with that tonight in oak town. That's pretty rough. I do think our offence would be better but our starters would get murdered on their d'. But this thread is about tyreke. So in this case it might help his stock for a trade. But I don't know how much better the team would be. I'ld rather see tyreke at the 1 with thornton, salmons, j.t. and cuz. But like to raise his stock more by putting him against a 2nd unit. But that's just my opinion. Let's see what everyone adds.

vCash
    Kingsdelez I'll take anyone of those delez! But do you really think at this point we can get any of those players for tyreke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4adbo4

It has been sickening to watch him play and I have lost all faith in him. The offense looks like total garbage when him and James Johnson are playing together and his jumpshot will never improve.
    there's absolutely no way memphis takes on the contracts of salmons and garcia.... and they're a legit contender in the wide open west this year so they're not going to give Gay up for salmons/garcia/johnson etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    You have to be a Nelly fan. The most winning coach! All o' no d' baby! He's being awarded some thing to do with that tonight in oak town. That's pretty rough. I do think our offence would be better but our starters would get murdered on their d'. But this thread is about tyreke. So in this case it might help his stock for a trade. But I don't know how much better the team would be. I'ld rather see tyreke at the 1 with thornton, salmons, j.t. and cuz. But like to raise his stock more by putting him against a 2nd unit. But that's just my opinion. Let's see what everyone adds.
    Honestly Thornton is a average defender with tyreke being above average and jimmer being below..

Place Tyreke on the best wing offensive player on defense and place thornton on the second best and try to hide Jimmer, I actually don't think it would hurt our defense that much over all.. if anything it will lure teams to try to go after jimmer with their worst offensive wing player

vCash

#TradeEvans

Trade Tyreke Evans, Isaiah Thomas, and 2nd rd pick to OKC for Jeremy Lamb and Thabo Sefolosha
    Kings starters:
    PG Fredette
    SG Thornton
    SF Salmons
    PF Thompson
    C Cousins
    6th man: Jeremy Lamb
    Key reserves: Sefolosha, Robinson, Hayes, Brooks
    Thunder starters:
    PG Westbrook
    SG K. Martin
    SF Durant
    PF Ibaka
    C Perkins
    6th man: Evans
    Key reserves: Maynor, Thomas, Jones III, Collison

What y'all think?

vCash
    I think the Thunder are done trading. Thabo is a player they are very high on when it comes to defense. I think they're content with their roster and won't mess with it.

Plus, I always say it and I'll continue to keep saying it... starting Jimmer/Thornton... Thomas/Thornton.... or Brooks/Thornton would put the Kings in a bad position defensively. ------Plus, Salmons is considered undersized at SF at 6'5".

Small ball doesn't get the job done in the NBA... you can get away with it in college because of teams run more zone.

I honestly think the Kings need to package Thornton in any trade to get more back. He's too streaky, and nothing more than a sixth man.

My gut feeling tells me the Kings are F^ck#d and won't make any significant moves!
    Last edited by iMac; 11-15-2012 at 03:49 AM.

vCash
    Tyreke's only hope is to play PG. He can't play SG or SF in a half court offense period, his defender causes too many problems by sagging all because Tyreke can't hit a open outside shot. Teams say you know what, we are going to give you that outside shot and let your defender help guard Cousins or Thompson and also get his feet into the passing/penetration lane, and if Tyreke gets the ball we will let him shoot that 20 footer because we know he is going to miss 19 out of 20 times, if Tyreke penetrates we will have 3 guys waiting for him.

You can get by with a PG whose outside shot is suspect, but only if he is a willing passer.

vCash
    I think what makes sense right now is to trade Tyreke Evans and Chuck Hayes for Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, and Kousta Koufos. The Nuggets have 6 players right now that average 5 million to 15 million dollar range. The Nuggets for sure will like to cut some of their cap salary. Also trade DeMarcus Cousins and Johnson Salmons for Al Jefferson. Al Jefferson has one left on his contract and probably likely will not return next year for the Jazz. Wilson Chandler and Al Jefferson are terrific defenders and can also score. Tyreke Evans is playing pretty bad this year and DeMarcus Cousins shooting percentage isn't getting any more consistent either.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b94d4wk

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=azev3sl

The Kings new line up

PG-Aaron Brooks/Isiah Thomas
    SG-Marcus Thornton
    SF-Wilson Chandler
    PF-Jason Thompson
    C-Al Jefferson

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast