Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

what is the biggest problem with our team?

You can say coaching. You can say the gm. You can say a negative out look. But I thought @ #5 overall barnes or t-rob would have been the best picks for our team. I bet you know where I'm about to take this. The most NBA ready player in the draft has looked like the 60 player drafted. His upside at his hight doesn't project well and his horrible play means that our prized #5 pick is a lot of money tied up in a player that had better save his pay checks. We missed BIG! I don't think anyone would have thought that he would have been this bad (even the t-rob haters). No progress, in fact a step back (due to the fact that we are paying for his time) has really set us back. I have no idea if he can ever become a serviceable player. Sorry petrie, this is a plain swing and miss.

So what do you guys consider to be the most negative piece of the kings?

vCash

what is the biggest problem with our team?

I haven't given up on t rob. He stil is skilled. But yes he has sucked big time. Biggest problem, in all honesty, is the lack of bball IQ. And we have too many 1-on-1 players who don't make anyone better. I like not having tyreke so boogie is our main focus. Tyreke doesn't spread the floor.

vCash
    It's hard to pinpoint are exact problem cause we lack in a lot of places.

It just seems like we don't really play together as a team. It always feels like the ball doesn't move enough. Whenever someone gets the ball with 15 seconds left on the shot clock, it seems like they're gonna take the shot, which is ridiculous, cause that is so much time to do something with the ball.

So, maybe a big problem is our chemistry??

Oh, and I'll point out the obvious and say one of our biggest problems is our owners.

vCash
    There is no way to pinpoint just one problem as the reason we suck. I agree that T-Rob looks like a bad pick right now, but I don't think that we would be that much better with Barnes or Drummond. I would like to think that we would have been better with Lillard, but he would probably just be sitting the bench behind Brooks.

If you want a short list of our major problems, here it goes:

1. Our GM does not pick up pieces that fit together. We have a bunch of undersized players who do not fit an NBA position.

2. We have a coach who hasn't created a specific style of play for the team. This may go back to the roster, but the team has no identity. We just have a collection of guys who try to go one-on-one on offense. What makes the situation worse is that none of them are skilled enough to play one-on-one ball.

3. Our players, for the most part, have low basketball IQ's. They play selfish ball. There is little ball movement on offense. There is also virtually no movement away from the ball - players don't make cuts or set screens for each other. Everyone just stands around and waits for their turn to isolate.

4. We have a losing culture. Most of our players have never seen the playoffs and I don't think anyone has been past the first round. The team doesn't understand what it takes to win.

Honestly, I hate to say this, but the best possible solution is to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Not just blow up the roster, but get rid of Petrie and Smart too. We need wholesale changes. Adding a couple of players or making a coaching change isn't going to do the trick. We need to change the entire culture of the organization and that starts at the top. Bring in a new GM. Get someone fresh, not a retread from another team. Let him choose a new coach who fits his philosophy. Let him blow up the roster and rebuild it. We need to turn this whole ship around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    There is no way to pinpoint just one problem as the reason we suck. I agree that T-Rob looks like a bad pick right now, but I don't think that we would be that much better with Barnes or Drummond. I would like to think that we would have been better with Lillard, but he would probably just be sitting the bench behind Brooks.

If you want a short list of our major problems, here it goes:

1. Our GM does not pick up pieces that fit together. We have a bunch of undersized players who do not fit an NBA position.

2. We have a coach who hasn't created a specific style of play for the team. This may go back to the roster, but the team has no identity. We just have a collection of guys who try to go one-on-one on offense. What makes the situation worse is that none of them are skilled enough to play one-on-one ball.

3. Our players, for the most part, have low basketball IQ's. They play selfish ball. There is little ball movement on offense. There is also virtually no movement away from the ball - players don't make cuts or set screens for each other. Everyone just stands around and waits for their turn to isolate.

4. We have a losing culture. Most of our players have never seen the playoffs and I don't think anyone has been past the first round. The team doesn't understand what it takes to win.

Honestly, I hate to say this, but the best possible solution is to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Not just blow up the roster, but get rid of Petrie and Smart too. We need wholesale changes. Adding a couple of players or making a coaching change isn't going to do the trick. We need to change the entire culture of the organization and that starts at the top. Bring in a new GM. Get someone fresh, not a retread from another team. Let him choose a new coach who fits his philosophy. Let him blow up the roster and rebuild it. We need to turn this whole ship around.
    Yeah, I'm about to be on some #FirePetrie **** soon. Unless he can make an awesome trade, I'm guessing he's gone this summer.

But, didn't we just re-sign him last summer to a 3-year contract??

vCash
    So on the board;
    Gm
    Coach
    Low basketball iq
    One on one basketball (lack of movement)
    Losing culture
    No identity
    And our last pick (#5) hasn't done squadush thus far

vCash
    A basketball coach can only make so much of a difference. If Phil Jackson was the lifetime coach of the Kings he would be lucky to have 1 career championship. Player talent is the #1 item and I place the blame on the GM since its his job to put together the team. Over the last several seasons his trades have been subpar. His only good trade was Landry for Thorton and that was after he traded Martin for Landry. He has put together a team that is undersized and does not fit together well. I felt he supported P.W. for at least 1 season too long. The last 2 drafts have not fared well, however Jimmer is starting to come on and could improve that seasons draft. In general I think Petrie is the biggest culprit in this mess.

vCash
    Maloofs. They've been behind every terrible decision that this team has done.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Maloofs. They've been behind every terrible decision that this team has done.
    Yeah, they're the problem in the big picture.

I think we're talking about what can actually be changed, cause the Magoof's ain't going anywhere, unfortunately.

vCash
    The biggest problem with this team is Thomas Robinson?

The worst ownership in all of American sports is the problem.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    The biggest problem with this team is Thomas Robinson?

The worst ownership in all of American sports is the problem.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep bringing him up, like he's one fo the guys at fault of why we're not playing well.

Not just in this thread either.

vCash
    First, I think coaching is a part of the problem. We used to play a system in which we could take players from other teams, and they would improve their production level. This made it easier to trade players as well.

Now, it seems as though everyone who plays on our team is actually digressing and thus, their value decreases. Hickson is a good example of this.

Part of the problem can also be the mix of player we have on our team. We STILL are a very young team... and much of our team relies on the progress of Cousins. Cousins, however, has become a temper tantrum mess. We really need a couple of veteran players on this team who can set him straight. A big brother type.

A leader. That is what we really are missing. As Cousins obviously cannot be that player, this is our biggest need. Thats part of the reason I wanted us to draft Lillard last year... and part of the reason I wanted us to trade for a veteran. This is where our youth hurts. And unfortunately, I don't think Salmons or Hayes are good enough to be veteran leaders.

As for our roster as it stands... I think T-Rob can progress over time, much as Thompson has. And I think eventually Cousins can become a leader... but he will have to do alot of maturing to become that player. Maybe in a few years.

vCash
    When I said t-rob, I ment the GM had made a bad selection. We were suppost to have the bike under the christmas tree with a bow on it, that was ready to be drove out of the door and terrorise the neighborhood. Not the one that's in box, that says it may take 4 to 6 hours and two people to build.

Please don't bash anyone's thoughts on this thread, this is personal pet pevs that people have with the team, and all have valor.
    Last edited by sneak; 12-30-2012 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    Who pays the GM? Who keeps said GM employed? Who has completely burned every single bridge in the city of Sacramento and turned off a lot of fans? Who sabotaged a good arena deal? Who has turned his franchise into a remake of Major League Basketball Edition?
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-30-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I haven't given up on t rob. He stil is skilled. But yes he has sucked big time. Biggest problem, in all honesty, is the lack of bball IQ. And we have too many 1-on-1 players who don't make anyone better. I like not having tyreke so boogie is our main focus. Tyreke doesn't spread the floor.
    Nor should you give up on Robinson. Everyone lets stop jumping the gun about him. He hasn't even played half of his rookie year, playing for a team thats terrible at developing players. Its not like we were going to compete this year like some thought we were anyways. Our problem certainly isn't Robinson who isn't getting minutes to develop our problem is the maloofs, Petrie, Smart, our overall team IQ, the fact that we have no system, and we just aren't a good team.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7