Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69

Thread: Perry Fewell

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,961
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Everyone is starting to get blamed now, but its simple if Eli was getting us first downs the D wouldn't be so beat up. The offense cant stay on the field and cant score TDs
    That's fair. There are plenty of holes on D though, but its true. When they do get stops or turnovers, the offense is doing them no favors. Every time we get an INT I used to yell "just go down, don't fumble it!"; now I yell "GET IN THE DAMN ENDZONE, OUR OFFENSE CAN'T".

    Take the Dallas game. If they could just turn ONE of those FGs into a TD it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

    Love Tynes, but so sick of seeing him.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    The defense is a mess. For some reason, neither Tuck, Osi or JPP can get consistent pressure on QBs. JPP is getting triple-teamed it seems, Osi is too busy thinking about his new contract, and Tuck...seems to be enlisted in the witness protection program. Once those 3 are rendered ineffective, our weak secondary gets exposed.

    Corey Webster and his absurd $9M/year contract is highly overrated. Prince Amukamara is just plain awful. Rolle can make a few good plays here and there but is horrible in coverage. Stevie Brown is the slight ray of hope due to the turnovers he produces. Overall these guys cannot cover anyone. Opposing offenses' receivers and especially TEs are always wide open. They must run a Cover 0 package.

    Finally our linebackers. They suck. (The Giants haven't had a quality LB, and I am stretching here, since Jesse Armstead) I blame this on Reese. He continues to draft 35 safties and defensive lineman without addressing the LB need. (Remember, Sean Lee was available to us in round 2 a few years back but instead Reese drafted his 20th defensive tackle at that time) Dallas than snatched up Lee. Our LBs do not intimidate anyone. They are poor tacklers, poor pass rushers and poor in coverage.

    When the defense does produce a turnover, like GGGGG-Men accurately said above me, the offense will waste it and increase its record-breaking field goal run. Why does this continue to happen? There are many reasons. But to to start, its Gilbride. Killdride will opt for shotgun draw plays, which fool absolutely no one, and then on third and long, opt for a deep pass.

    The Giants offense has the talent to win, that much is obvious. But Killdrive refuses to adapt. Perhaps they continue to tank in the second half of each year because opponents zero in on their strategy and exploit it. Killdrive refuses to make adjustments and the team slumps. (The offense has sucked for many weeks now, not just the past 2 loses. Even in the team's wins against the Redskins and Cowboys, the offense sucked). Why won't they run slant patterns, misdirections, screen passes etc to at least mix it up and keep the opposing defenses guessing?
    NEW YORK GIANTS
    NEW YORK RANGERS
    NEW YORK YANKEES

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,961
    vCash
    1500
    Well I can't agree that Prince is awful. In fact he might be the only guy on defense that has consistently gotten BETTER week-by-week, while everyone else seems to get worse or at best level off. Hosley is getting better too, but thats about it. I like what I'm seeing from Prince so far; solid coverage and one of the few making solid tackles. I just wish he'd get more physical at the line, but that's all on Fewell. When you have your CBs in zone or soft man 90% of the time , that just happens.

    As for LBs, they just haven't made a big investment at the position in a while. Moderate investment with Boley who has really been great, but injured and the move for Kiwi was apparently a good one cause he's great at SAM.

    Beyond that, we've got a platoon of cheap role players. Williams can cover, but thats it. Paysinger has good speed, but not the strength to take on much more work than he has. Herzlich is all potential, no actual....so far. Blackburn is the ideal workhorse, but he's always going to be a good LB, not a GREAT one. There's no Pierce. I think its tough because some of us remember the days of Carson and Pepper Johnson and we look around the league at guys like Willis, Bowman, Urlacher, etc. and wonder where our guy is, but all our talent is on the line. I can only hope that the money that gets freed up when Osi leaves is spent at LB.


    But right now the issue isn't talent, it's scheme and execution and I can't help but think some of the execution fail is on Fewell's very basic D. Nothing sophisticated like LeBeau or Nolan or Capers. Very very very basic. Like playing Madden and instead of using a certain coach's book, you use the "4-3" defensive playbook.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    our defense is "elite" when healthy... not being biased but i wanna see T2 Rivers Williams Sash Will Hill Phillips all out there rotating in n out!

    tons of injuries...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleWebster View Post
    our defense is "elite" when healthy... not being biased but i wanna see T2 Rivers Williams Sash Will Hill Phillips all out there rotating in n out!

    tons of injuries...
    I still think not designating T2 on the temporary "IR tag" was a call on Reese's part. Yeah, the terminator had his acl injury again, but he only aggravated it to an extent that he still could've played this season Reese, you're an idiot.....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I still think not designating T2 on the temporary "IR tag" was a call on Reese's part. Yeah, the terminator had his acl injury again, but he only aggravated it to an extent that he still could've played this season Reese, you're an idiot.....
    Least they did not release him. So maybe next year!??

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,147
    vCash
    1500
    He had full out ACL surgery in the end... You don't do that if he would of been okay had he been given time...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He sucks.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It's funny, Giants D gets a lot of hype for all the turnovers, but while we have the 2nd most INTs in the league.....we're tied for 4th most TDs allowed and giving up 257 yds/game.

    25 Sacks which isn't bad at all, but given up 123 1st downs.

    This is why I hate the read-and-react crap. Sure they'll get some takeaways, but they give up the field and some pts in the process and if our offense isn't turning the majority of these turnovers into TDs, then its pointless and the D needs to get more aggressive.
    Sounds like the exact same thing Fewell did in Buffallo.

    The best part about him is he is better than Bill Sherridan, the worst part about him are with his adjustments. He does not like to blitz at all, and loves to drop everyone back into coverage. Forcing 3-4 guys rushing the passer.

    Why was Spags so succesful? He used every possible weapon and mixed up his plays. You know what else, HE BLITZED!!!. Gmen went on a defensive tear for a few games, because they were blitzing. Can you guys tell that I am upset he doesn't blitz?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,211
    vCash
    1500

    Perry Fewell

    I can deal with both him and gilbride leaving. Wouldn't bother me one bit

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,961
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Sounds like the exact same thing Fewell did in Buffallo.

    The best part about him is he is better than Bill Sherridan, the worst part about him are with his adjustments. He does not like to blitz at all, and loves to drop everyone back into coverage. Forcing 3-4 guys rushing the passer.

    Why was Spags so succesful? He used every possible weapon and mixed up his plays. You know what else, HE BLITZED!!!. Gmen went on a defensive tear for a few games, because they were blitzing. Can you guys tell that I am upset he doesn't blitz?
    Yeah Spags had the same gift that Belichick does of letting each guy do what they do best, instead of making them fit into the system. Rolle is still forced into playing a role he doesn't want to now. He needs to be a ball hawk (like the SF game where he had 2 picks).

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleWebster View Post
    Least they did not release him. So maybe next year!??
    I Guess that's true
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    He had full out ACL surgery in the end... You don't do that if he would of been okay had he been given time...
    I didn't know that...can you find me an article that stated he had surgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah Spags had the same gift that Belichick does of letting each guy do what they do best, instead of making them fit into the system. Rolle is still forced into playing a role he doesn't want to now. He needs to be a ball hawk (like the SF game where he had 2 picks).
    At least we have Stevie playing the ball hawk role now and if we get back to the 3 safety defense, then Rolle & S. Brown can play the safety spots while Phillips can play the role Rolle was doing last year cuz there's no doubt that KP is our best TE coverman
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Utica
    Posts
    989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by travisY View Post
    Corey Webster and his absurd $9M/year contract is highly overrated.
    I've been known to agree with this from time to time...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That's fair. There are plenty of holes on D though, but its true. When they do get stops or turnovers, the offense is doing them no favors. Every time we get an INT I used to yell "just go down, don't fumble it!"; now I yell "GET IN THE DAMN ENDZONE, OUR OFFENSE CAN'T".

    Take the Dallas game. If they could just turn ONE of those FGs into a TD it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

    Love Tynes, but so sick of seeing him.
    And when you have bad DBS who we want gambling (well they're playing bad but can int) and pass rushing specialists on almost the ENTIRE D you want a nice lead and rest ..that's when they'll shine..

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    the funny thing is what will keep Fewell from being ridiculed by us at the end of the season will be the 3 Safety look defense that he built his career on, and since all things seem to point to KP playing this week against GB, it looks like the 3 safety playbook will be dusted off the bookshelf and be inputted so at least our corner coverage problems won't have to be as horrendous as it has been the 1st half of the season
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 11-26-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •