Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Perry Fewell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There's an interesting scenario; trade Tuck and keep Osi? Tuck's gonna be in a contract year next year anyway.

Osi and JPP on the ends where they stay; JPP can handle LE. Then work in Tracy and Ojomo.

I wish we kept Tollefson.
    I know man but there was just no way we could pay him like that.. ****ing Raiders always overpaying our players and ****ing us.. Do they realize we're not in the afc west? Knowing them probably not..

Gabril Wilson
    Kevin Boss
    Tollefson
    Reaching on McClain even though it worked out for us..

These guys were solid for us, system guys... I don't hate on them for taking the money.. I hate the Raiders for being retards..
    Last edited by NY007; 12-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    The problem to me is that Osi just isn't that good of a run stuffer and that's maybe our worst area of the team right now. It's hard to argue in favor of Tuck right now but I still feel Osi is a rather single-quality DE. Would love to keep him for a decent salary as 3th down DE, but full-time, naahh. Then I'd rather lose 'm both and get a complete & decent FA DE there, and work in guys like Tracy, Ojomo and Trattou next year.

vCash
    Tuck should've followed Strahan's footsteps and retired after the Super Bowl. He's just going through the motions right now but maybe it's because Fewell's scheme is sucking the life out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    The problem to me is that Osi just isn't that good of a run stuffer and that's maybe our worst area of the team right now. It's hard to argue in favor of Tuck right now but I still feel Osi is a rather single-quality DE. Would love to keep him for a decent salary as 3th down DE, but full-time, naahh. Then I'd rather lose 'm both and get a complete & decent FA DE there, and work in guys like Tracy, Ojomo and Trattou next year.
    Osi isn't a run stuffer but he's being forced to set the edge on the back side since we're mostly running with 1 less LBer and that's not his game. Tuck is stronger against the run but again, he's being put on an island a lot by design. It's just silly the way the personnel is being mishandled.

vCash
    You guys don't get it, when your dline is filled with pass rushers, you'll be weak against the run. We need run stuffing DT's for the scheme to work. Only time we were great against the run was when we had Robbins and Cofield manning the middle. We don't have that, we have a 3-4 DE and a pass rusher who lacks IQ in Joseph. Tuck needs to be cut or traded. You can tell by his body language he doesn't want to play anymore. Move Kiwi back to the line and give Tracey a shot. Leave JPP at the RE. Plus this zone scheme sucks, we have man corners playing zone. I hate this read and react ******** it confuses us more than the opponents. I say of Spags is let go, grab him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I dont like the Tuck disrespect...Tuck is a beast and has delivered big time for us...Im not ready to give up on him just yet. I think its more Fewell's scheme and rotation.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I 100% agree with you ....Perry Fewell's scheme has holes like any other defense but he has a tendency to put players in bad positions even he said he had the past few weeks....I think he always does.I dont think he's bad but I think if he to away most of what he calls the "exotic" looks we would be ten times better. Think about it a boxer trains how to throw a punch over and over until it becomes a reflex with the players he changes the entire assignment of everbody every other week so they can never get into a rythm. If anyone wonders why one week they have a great performance and the next a "Lunesta" performance its because they never truly practice a "CORE" defense....just too many changes and tricks.Of course there are injuries and players who make mistakes but it should not be a consistent thing every week about communication....which falls back to a player saying to his teammate "I we doing that defensive call like last week or the week before...Oh yeah Coach Fewll did say this week it's totally different" LMAO

Babe Ruth was ask what his homerun secret was and he said "hit the ball and hit it hard"

vCash
    One more tidbit....fact last season at the end towards the playoffs....He said he had to dumb down or simplify the playbook because of all the injuries and lack of training camp and what do you know our defense played waaaaaay better than they were before that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    . He's just going through the motions right now but maybe it's because Fewell's scheme is sucking the life out of him.
    The scheme is an absolute joke. Comically, when allowing these guys to bull rush and sending a linebacker the team annihilated both San Fran and Green Bay. Now they slide and work their assignments with zero gap control.

IMO, Fewell would attack Tom Brady if the teams meet again yet would practically play a prevent against Peyton Manning.

Get rid Perry Awful and his read and react schemes.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345