Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Perry Fewell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Both Cofield and Joseph are 1-tech players while Canty is a 3. Canty has been solid. This team needed an Austin to step up.

As far as last night, the defenders were in position, they just could find the football. Players were tackling bodies without the football and didn't have the angle on the guys with the football. It was mass confusion by a QB who not took what the Giants gave him but took what he wanted.

RGIII - defender goes right, he goes left - defender goes left, he goes right - defender stays at home, he threw a backyard football easy slant. It was insane

IMO, RGIII running this offense will not last in this league b/c of the hits he takes. Until those wheels get damaged however, he's a problem. Giants defenders were often where they were supposed to be and RGIII still confused them.
    basically, as long as RG3 is healthy and with Skins adding more pieces to the team, rest of the NFC East are ****ed.

vCash
    Cofield played great yesterday. Biggest mistake in the Reese era letting him go

vCash
    RG3 is gonna bring a a hell of a mess to the east. Wait till he has better WRs. But same time. He takes big hits.even tho when he does he pops right back up n plays angry. Which kinda cool to watch lol. He is talented n smart but will take hits so I don't fear but so much. Giants deal with mobile QBs all day. Room Vick now RG3

Not seeing this thread. I love Perry. I mean I enjoyed Spag better but Perry system isn't exotic isn't creative. Doesn't really need to be when you have STARS from front to back end. I mean not being biased but really Giants HAVE talent.

Do agree LB soot doesn't have any bulls but Boley n Blackburn make plays!! Where is Greg Jones?? INJURED? I don't care for contract numbers. Some paid some overpaid oh well.

Shame M Austin was a bust GGGGMen. But maybe he needs to grow n mature?? Idk but Perry needs his 3 safeties to make you guys happy n KP is ailing so lay off Perry!!

vCash
    Well..after yesterday its hard to make a case for this coach...it just seems like he cant inspire his players...And thats just the tip of the ice berg....

vCash
    Fewell has two games to save his job in my opinion.

Otherwise we should try to bring Sir Spags back as DC.

vCash
    Banks is on right now talking the defense.. Obviously he knows better then any of us.. He thinks the lack of pass rush and inability to stop the run is all scheme.. He didn't say Fewell but you know he's talking about him..

I agree with him to a certain extent.. The scheme certainly sucks but that doesn't explain guys missing tackles left and right..

If the Giants don't make the playoffs I think there's gonna be some major changes with this D..

vCash
    Not sure about that. They'll look at injuries and a few close losses and run with the same coaching crew. Maybe Gilbride finally finds work, but more likely than not I think we get the same crew back next year unless Coughlin retires.

I didn't like Fewell's read-and-react scheme from the beginning. Turnovers are nice, no doubt, but giving up the field and not getting aggressive enough to stop the run is just horrible.

We've got a lot of great tools, just need to put them in the right spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Banks is on right now talking the defense.. Obviously he knows better then any of us.. He thinks the lack of pass rush and inability to stop the run is all scheme.. He didn't say Fewell but you know he's talking about him..

I agree with him to a certain extent.. The scheme certainly sucks but that doesn't explain guys missing tackles left and right..

If the Giants don't make the playoffs I think there's gonna be some major changes with this D..
    Banks is spot on. We play small against the run and then rely only on the down lineman to generate a pass rush. I don't think I've seen a successful overload all season from Fewell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Not sure about that. They'll look at injuries and a few close losses and run with the same coaching crew. Maybe Gilbride finally finds work, but more likely than not I think we get the same crew back next year unless Coughlin retires.

I didn't like Fewell's read-and-react scheme from the beginning. Turnovers are nice, no doubt, but giving up the field and not getting aggressive enough to stop the run is just horrible.

We've got a lot of great tools, just need to put them in the right spot.
    See that's the problem, the read and react.. It's killing our D Line wich is the strongest part of the D and maybe the most important of this team. They gotta let them attack.. When we get pressure we win.. It's pretty simple

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    Banks is spot on. We play small against the run and then rely only on the down lineman to generate a pass rush. I don't think I've seen a successful overload all season from Fewell.
    Very true, I just don't think Fewell fits this defense.. A few of the guys have made statements that they're not getting into position to get sacks.. At first my reaction was bs excuses but as weeks have gone on its pretty obvious they're right.. Seems like our entire d line is on their heels rather getting after it.

I'm praying Spags gets fired, he was absolutely perfect for this defense..

vCash
    we seem to have this attitude that if we just play our game we will win. that works with dominant o-line and dominant pass rush. with so much parity in the league you have to have different strategy and tactics for each game depending on who you're facing.

we have one of the smartest QB who reads defense and makes adjustment at the line of scrimmage better than anyone in the league and we don't ever run a no huddle. it's always the slow paced throw downfield attack and run off tackle scheme.

our defense is giving up 200yrds rushing and we don't ever crowd the line of scrimmage. it must be so easy to game plan against us because we never change what we do. if we're 12-2 then yeah I'd say don't ever change, but we're 8-6. it's time to change.

vCash
    The worst part is the secondary fails and they say its because of the lack of pass rush. The pass rush (Tuck and JPP anyway) claim they can't be as aggressive with all the injuries in the secondary.

It's Only Osi seems to have the passion (crazy snap jumping yesterday) and he's just looking to max out a new deal next year. I just hope he leaves the NFC East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTINEAST View Post
    we seem to have this attitude that if we just play our game we will win. that works with dominant o-line and dominant pass rush. with so much parity in the league you have to have different strategy and tactics for each game depending on who you're facing.

we have one of the smartest QB who reads defense and makes adjustment at the line of scrimmage better than anyone in the league and we don't ever run a no huddle. it's always the slow paced throw downfield attack and run off tackle scheme.

our defense is giving up 200yrds rushing and we don't ever crowd the line of scrimmage. it must be so easy to game plan against us because we never change what we do. if we're 12-2 then yeah I'd say don't ever change, but we're 8-6. it's time to change.
    Yea I don't get that either. We should pass to set up the run.

Defensively, we are about as vanilla as it gets. No disguises, hardly any stunts or games up front. If the qb gets a zone look, it's pure zone. If he thinks it's man, it is. Guys aren't confused or pressured and unless we can get up big, we don't dictate anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The worst part is the secondary fails and they say its because of the lack of pass rush. The pass rush (Tuck and JPP anyway) claim they can't be as aggressive with all the injuries in the secondary.

It's Only Osi seems to have the passion (crazy snap jumping yesterday) and he's just looking to max out a new deal next year. I just hope he leaves the NFC East.
    This defense has taken on the prrsonality of Tuck and I don't like it.. Always a excuse and pointing the finger at someone else. Rolle is the guy with the right attitude but there seems to be a split on the D in the locker room.

Honestly it might just better to trade Tuck in the offseason.. There's plenty of bad teams in the NFL that would give up a 2nd for him.. Let Rolle take over as the leader and I think you'll see a more cohesive defense.. Get some young and hungry DE's and we'll be good to go.

vCash
    There's an interesting scenario; trade Tuck and keep Osi? Tuck's gonna be in a contract year next year anyway.

Osi and JPP on the ends where they stay; JPP can handle LE. Then work in Tracy and Ojomo.

I wish we kept Tollefson.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast