Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perry Fewell

vCash
    ^Hit the nail on the head with that one. Rolle really hates playing in that Nickel role but he makes such a big difference down there.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Fewell's ability to adapt after the bye is really impressive. KP back and the big nickel sets definitely help, but it was bigger than that. He got creative and aggressive with blitzes against a beat up oline. We've played some struggling olines this year, but he always sat back and waited for a 4 man front to bust through with the same MIKE blitz he always runs.

Last night was impressive. I hope he keeps changing things up. Between his changes last night and Gilbride's changes, its gonna make scheming and tape very challenging for the Skins next week.

vCash
    The thing is we still don't have the personal for the 3 safety look. It works against the pass, but doesn't against the run. Notice that Green Bay would get 4 or 5 yard every time they run the ball. IMO in other for the 3 safety defense to be affective, they need run stuffing DT's. Canty and Joseph are pass rushers who are average to below average against the run. Rolle is better serve as the 3rd safety, he doesn't play well deep. KP was the difference maker and showed you why he's truly important. With KP back you can further utilize Rolle more whether as the 3rd safety or spy. I don't like his coverage ability but he's good enough to get by, and he's an really good tackler.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    That's true, but the luxury they had was they were playing a pass happy GB offense. They can run, but its not a dangerous run game. So no problem running 3 safety sets most of the game. Its always about picking your poison and against GB there's no problem letting them run....especially when you can get an early lead.

Should be good for NO and ATL too. What I'm worried about is running that against the Skins next week. They ran all over us last time and likely will again.

Sometimes I just miss Robbins and Cofield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    the funny thing is what will keep Fewell from being ridiculed by us at the end of the season will be the 3 Safety look defense that he built his career on, and since all sings seem to point to KP playing this week against GB, it looks like the 3 safety playbook will be dusted off the bookshelf and be inputted so at least our corner coverage problems won't have to be as horrendous as it has been the 1st half of the season
    ^^^see? I told you mofos that the 3 safety look was the **** for us...now if all 3 safeties are playing on the same field together...then WE KICK ***!!!!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That's true, but the luxury they had was they were playing a pass happy GB offense. They can run, but its not a dangerous run game. So no problem running 3 safety sets most of the game. Its always about picking your poison and against GB there's no problem letting them run....especially when you can get an early lead.

Should be good for NO and ATL too. What I'm worried about is running that against the Skins next week. They ran all over us last time and likely will again.

Sometimes I just miss Robbins and Cofield.
    If you're keeping Fewell, you have to draft a run stuffing DT like a Peko in cinny. Get rid of Osi, move Kiwi back to the line.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    If you're keeping Fewell, you have to draft a run stuffing DT like a Peko in cinny. Get rid of Osi, move Kiwi back to the line.
    I think they're pretty well invested in Canty and Joseph. I think Austin is the big bust they'll need to replace through the draft if some DT value falls to them in the 1st round. Good call though, they do need the depth.....although they seem committed to Kuhn and Rocky.

vCash
    Kuhn isn't a run stuffer and Bernard is in his last legs. We don't have a DT that commands a double team. Austin sucks and Canty and Joseph are more of pass rushers than run stuffers. Plus their average players at best. We need a DT like a cofield, Robbins or even a Keith Hamilton if you remember him

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    The Hammer! Always liked Hamilton....forgot about him.

Not keeping Cofield and investing money in Canty was the big mistake here. I like Canty fine, but he's not what we needed and Cofield is. Cofield-Joseph would be about as solid as you could hope for.

vCash
    Why the 3 safety set is needed:

Giants RapidReports‏@CBSGiants

Kiwanuka said he loves being on the line, as opposed to SLB. Says it's more natural. #NYG

vCash
    Piss poor night for Fewell. He knew they'd run Morris right at the D and he had no answers.

This D is built to fight the pass and they just don't have the DTs or LBs to fight a good run game.

vCash
    No pass rush again makes it look like the secondary is running the cover 0 package.

Killdrive and Fewell - once again prove they either cannot or will not make in-game adjustments.
    NEW YORK GIANTS
    NEW YORK RANGERS
    NEW YORK YANKEES

vCash
    The Giants have coverage LB with Blackburn being the only run stuffer. Like I've said before Joseph and Canty aren't run stuffing DT's and Benard is basically done.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The Hammer! Always liked Hamilton....forgot about him.

Not keeping Cofield and investing money in Canty was the big mistake here. I like Canty fine, but he's not what we needed and Cofield is. Cofield-Joseph would be about as solid as you could hope for.
    Both Cofield and Joseph are 1-tech players while Canty is a 3. Canty has been solid. This team needed an Austin to step up.

As far as last night, the defenders were in position, they just could find the football. Players were tackling bodies without the football and didn't have the angle on the guys with the football. It was mass confusion by a QB who not took what the Giants gave him but took what he wanted.

RGIII - defender goes right, he goes left - defender goes left, he goes right - defender stays at home, he threw a backyard football easy slant. It was insane

IMO, RGIII running this offense will not last in this league b/c of the hits he takes. Until those wheels get damaged however, he's a problem. Giants defenders were often where they were supposed to be and RGIII still confused them.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 12-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.

vCash
    I was frustrated as hell with defense but at the same time came away very impressed with Redskins running game. they are no fluke. every time they snap the ball they have two legitimate running backs. I think RGIII is getting better at running this option game. they are running the ball on everyone lately, not just us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast