Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry Fewell

vCash

Perry Fewell

What do you guys think of his performance so far this year? I see alot of the same problems happening over and over and over and its easy to blame personel but Im starting to think maybe the coach has lost the players on the defensive side of the ball.

I may be overreacting and I know we are having problems on the other side of the ball but man teams are running and passing on us at will and he does'nt seem to be making alot of on the fly adjustments. What are your thoughts?

vCash
    He's done well but he's unwilling to change it up when offenses know what's coming.

vCash
    The scheme is way too simple and easy to beat when the front four isn't dominating.

vCash
    He sucks.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    The secondary has been soft since the day Fewell got here. Bend, don't break all the damn time and he expects turnovers on every play.

They give up so much field sitting back on WRs.

The problem is the whole system is designed around getting pressure on the QB from the front 4. There hasn't been enough push from them so QBs sit back and wait for the WRs to find space against a secondary that sits and waits.

vCash
    I lie him more than the guy who filled in for spags.

I never hated or loved signing him bc he used to use DBs as his I guess main point of power on D ( 3 safeties) , But lets look honestly at what he has and WHOSE ACTUALLY PLAYING NOT JUST OH OSI HE'S A STAR NAME HOW CAN WE BE BAD THERE...

DES - tuck? Osi? Yeah we got JPP

DTS-I can't figure it out cantys doing great then average then bad then solid ..

Safeties- ROLLE- banged up and overrated , KP Hurt , Brown inconsistent , Sash hurt?

CBS- Hosley inconsistent and has been hurt , we steer falling apart it seems and prince is still developing .

LBS- chase .. Solid consistent play but not that talented sorry , olb boleys just coming back and I'm not sure what's going on , other guys like rivers and kiwi aren't able to play solid every game for some reason .n

Overall OUR D IS COMPLETELY INCONSISTENT . As in I can't blame our DC if our players dnt play ..n

If you were our DC you'd be losing your mind ..what do you mean tuck and osi aren't showing up on half the plays and only JPP is a stud now .. I built a scheme for them based n them!!

WHAT WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE DB? This secondary reminds me of the 2 wills (Peterson and Allen) ..I think with Gibril Wilson way back ? Which is bad lol .

That AJ Green play cannot be the scheme unless some1 doesn't get the plays bc they're way to confusing which seems to not be the case.

vCash
    His system simply doesn't fit the players

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The secondary has been soft since the day Fewell got here. Bend, don't break all the damn time and he expects turnovers on every play.

They give up so much field sitting back on WRs.

The problem is the whole system is designed around getting pressure on the QB from the front 4. There hasn't been enough push from them so QBs sit back and wait for the WRs to find space against a secondary that sits and waits.
    ^^^^this...Tom Coughlin called his team soft.....but in all actuality he was referring to his OC-DC & ST coaches. Fewell is soft and its reflected in his scheme and through the players. Cant just keep blitzing up the middle...we need to send a corner...hell send both

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    We where promised a bill of goods with Fewell that we just havnt seen.

Where's all the fire on the sideline we where promissed with this guy? I heard people complaining about Tucks act on the sideline....Did you all notice fewell hiding behind his play card....I wanted to choke him...

vCash
    It's funny, Giants D gets a lot of hype for all the turnovers, but while we have the 2nd most INTs in the league.....we're tied for 4th most TDs allowed and giving up 257 yds/game.

25 Sacks which isn't bad at all, but given up 123 1st downs.

This is why I hate the read-and-react crap. Sure they'll get some takeaways, but they give up the field and some pts in the process and if our offense isn't turning the majority of these turnovers into TDs, then its pointless and the D needs to get more aggressive.

vCash
    I like Perry. He has done a lot with very little and yeah his scheme is based on the front four.... they aren't as crazy good as I thought they would be. But I'm sure things will get better with the d line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleWebster View Post
    I like Perry. He has done a lot with very little and yeah his scheme is based on the front four.... they aren't as crazy good as I thought they would be. But I'm sure things will get better with the d line
    ^^^He has a point on Fewell focusing on the D-Line gameplan...our secondary isn't "Elite" you know, so it has to solely focus on the production from our D-Line
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Everyone is starting to get blamed now, but its simple if Eli was getting us first downs the D wouldn't be so beat up. The offense cant stay on the field and cant score TDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Everyone is starting to get blamed now, but its simple if Eli was getting us first downs the D wouldn't be so beat up. The offense cant stay on the field and cant score TDs
    now hold on there, Eli did have a slump, but he wasn't the only one playing subpar the last four weeks....I say Gilbride has to change his game plans to more check downs since the opposing defenses have been giving us the two deep safety look
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Man, am I glad I was out of town for the last two games. I didn't get to see this two week atrocity. Too bad the internet makes it easy to read about the games.

I guess my thing with Fewell is that he is not showing that fire that he was known for. His defense in Buffalo was actually pretty good, they just had lousy teams over there. It kills me when I watch other teams play defense with so much more hustle and overall aggressiveness. This read and react thing that we have here only works if the front four is forcing QBs to run for their lives and forces them to throw the ball into coverage. The way it stands now, QBs are sitting pretty comfortably in the pocket and just finding the open receiver in the zone. The pressure from our front four is too inconsistant for this type of defense to work. The run defense has been terrible too.

The sad thing about all this is that this coaching staff is way too stubborn for changes. The offensive and defensive struggles happen every year with this team. At least this year our two game slide has been against playoff caliber teams. Last year we lost to Sexy Rexy and the Redskins and the Seahawks. Tarvaris Jackson looked like Dan Marino against us last year. It was embarrassing. My assumption is that it all starts with TC. He probably tells his guys (Gilbride, Fewell) to stick to the plan.

Plan forward: don't be afraid of taking chances, don't be afraid of change, and take risks! Also, believe in OJT (on the job trainining). If you have rookies, use them! Every team knows exactly what we are doing on offense and defense almost every single play. You will never win against teams like the Saints or the Packers like that. Oh yeah, we are playing both of them again this year.

Sorry for venting. It's been awful reading about how this team is going nowhere the last two weeks. I knew it was a curse the minute I saw this team at number 2 in the CNNSI power rankings. Damn you Don Banks and your power rankings!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast