Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Color me confused. Where does DJ fit if Woodyard is still in?
    it said directly in the quote. dj in more of a mike role. mike is the name of the middle linebacker position in the 4-3. the weak side linebacker is referred to as will and and strong side is sam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    it said directly in the quote. dj in more of a mike role. mike is the name of the middle linebacker position in the 4-3. the weak side linebacker is referred to as will and and strong side is sam.
    Thanks for the 101, but I get all that. DJ is not suited for the MLB position. We saw that two years ago and 4 years ago. So I ask again. Where does he fit in place of Woodyard?

DJ is best suited as a SAM and not a MLB or a WIL! With Woodyards play of late, where does DJ fit is all I was asking.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    he fits right in as a back up mlb. Thats obvious. And let us pray he knows the playbook in and out. Any blunders mean dj doesnt take the game serious. Cuz if your sitting home for 11 weeks with nothing to do u should be in the playbook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    he fits right in as a back up mlb. Thats obvious.
    No he doesn't and no its not.

We have tried that but as a starter. He failed.

Why do you want him to back up a position he has shown he cant be productive in? Shanny gave him that opportunity and he failed in a 4-3. MCD gave him the opportunity in a 3-4 and he failed.

He is SAM in a 4-3. Nothing more, nothing less.

vCash
    Ok Wesley Woodyard is playing mike right now correct?
    DJ should play the wil(natural position) it should go like this....
    DJ Williams...... Wesley Woodyard........ Von ****ing miller

vCash
    It depends on your definition of production. D.J put up numbers as a ILB..he didn't really fail.

Quite frankly, I just see D.J in that nickel package "mike" covering TE's. Poor trevathan is probably going to get his snaps cut from him.

vCash
    Woody is not playing Mike. He's playing weakside LB. Brooking Mike, Von strong side.

vCash
    Lol d.j. didnt fail at the mike. Hes just a tad better playing the wil, but he was still solid in the middle.

vCash
    All along, everyone has said that DJ's natural position, the one he played in college at Miama and at least his first (and second?) year with the Broncos, is Will - weakside linebacker.

Also, I would agree that he did not fail at Mike; it is just that he was better at Will - it has been consistently said that Will is his "more natural" position.

However, it would be a misrepresentation to say that he 'failed' at Mike.

vCash
    DJ will be second string to whomever the Hell Del Rio says, and be thankfull he has a damn job

vCash
    right now woody is our will
    brooking is our mike
    and von is our sam

on nickel situations i see doom moving up to left defensive end and dj being subbed for brooking.

vCash
    DJ is,has been, and would continue to be fine in the Middle
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Yeah I would say he didn't fail if he was the leading tackler for the Broncos for the last I think 4-5 years. No way he is a starter but that is why Elway for GM of the year because we have great depth and with Del Rio have turned our defense into a pretty fierce opponent with Miller being a bad ***!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    No he doesn't and no its not.

We have tried that but as a starter. He failed.

Why do you want him to back up a position he has shown he cant be productive in? Shanny gave him that opportunity and he failed in a 4-3. MCD gave him the opportunity in a 3-4 and he failed.

He is SAM in a 4-3. Nothing more, nothing less.
    you know he had over 100 tackles both times he played mlb right? Behind a dline that was average or poor... itll be alot easier for him with our front 4 now IF he knows his assignments. Dj will be fine at mlb as hes been before. Just no blown assignments. I pray he takes the game serious because natural talent hes always had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Yeah I would say he didn't fail if he was the leading tackler for the Broncos for the last I think 4-5 years. No way he is a starter but that is why Elway for GM of the year because we have great depth and with Del Rio have turned our defense into a pretty fierce opponent with Miller being a bad ***!!!
    Okay... Fail was a bit strong of a word. He didn't fail but I don't think he succeeded. MLB is the captain of the defense and DJ didn't fit that role. One could argue that until Von, DJ was the only decent LB on our team for quite some time. Other than Dumes during the 3-4 years, who did DJ have competing against for tackles? A Mike or a SAM should always be the leading tackler on any team. Just the nature of the position(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    you know he had over 100 tackles both times he played mlb right? Behind a dline that was average or poor... itll be alot easier for him with our front 4 now IF he knows his assignments. Dj will be fine at mlb as hes been before. Just no blown assignments. I pray he takes the game serious because natural talent hes always had.
    Again, as a MLB, he should have over 100 tackles simply by the nature of the position.

Listen, DJ is an above average LB who was very good for a couple years. I do not believe that his presence as a starting role will make this team any better. Nickle packages and press packages. Other than that, keep things as they are.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast