Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 292
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,620
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Color me confused. Where does DJ fit if Woodyard is still in?
    it said directly in the quote. dj in more of a mike role. mike is the name of the middle linebacker position in the 4-3. the weak side linebacker is referred to as will and and strong side is sam.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,638
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    it said directly in the quote. dj in more of a mike role. mike is the name of the middle linebacker position in the 4-3. the weak side linebacker is referred to as will and and strong side is sam.
    Thanks for the 101, but I get all that. DJ is not suited for the MLB position. We saw that two years ago and 4 years ago. So I ask again. Where does he fit in place of Woodyard?

    DJ is best suited as a SAM and not a MLB or a WIL! With Woodyards play of late, where does DJ fit is all I was asking.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    he fits right in as a back up mlb. Thats obvious. And let us pray he knows the playbook in and out. Any blunders mean dj doesnt take the game serious. Cuz if your sitting home for 11 weeks with nothing to do u should be in the playbook

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,638
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    he fits right in as a back up mlb. Thats obvious.
    No he doesn't and no its not.

    We have tried that but as a starter. He failed.

    Why do you want him to back up a position he has shown he cant be productive in? Shanny gave him that opportunity and he failed in a 4-3. MCD gave him the opportunity in a 3-4 and he failed.

    He is SAM in a 4-3. Nothing more, nothing less.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,496
    vCash
    1500
    Ok Wesley Woodyard is playing mike right now correct?
    DJ should play the wil(natural position) it should go like this....
    DJ Williams...... Wesley Woodyard........ Von ****ing miller

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,153
    vCash
    1500
    It depends on your definition of production. D.J put up numbers as a ILB..he didn't really fail.

    Quite frankly, I just see D.J in that nickel package "mike" covering TE's. Poor trevathan is probably going to get his snaps cut from him.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,153
    vCash
    1500
    Woody is not playing Mike. He's playing weakside LB. Brooking Mike, Von strong side.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,695
    vCash
    1500
    Lol d.j. didnt fail at the mike. Hes just a tad better playing the wil, but he was still solid in the middle.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    330
    vCash
    1500
    All along, everyone has said that DJ's natural position, the one he played in college at Miama and at least his first (and second?) year with the Broncos, is Will - weakside linebacker.

    Also, I would agree that he did not fail at Mike; it is just that he was better at Will - it has been consistently said that Will is his "more natural" position.

    However, it would be a misrepresentation to say that he 'failed' at Mike.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    314
    vCash
    1500
    DJ will be second string to whomever the Hell Del Rio says, and be thankfull he has a damn job

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,620
    vCash
    1500
    right now woody is our will
    brooking is our mike
    and von is our sam

    on nickel situations i see doom moving up to left defensive end and dj being subbed for brooking.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,525
    vCash
    1500
    DJ is,has been, and would continue to be fine in the Middle
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,611
    vCash
    135000
    Yeah I would say he didn't fail if he was the leading tackler for the Broncos for the last I think 4-5 years. No way he is a starter but that is why Elway for GM of the year because we have great depth and with Del Rio have turned our defense into a pretty fierce opponent with Miller being a bad ***!!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    No he doesn't and no its not.

    We have tried that but as a starter. He failed.

    Why do you want him to back up a position he has shown he cant be productive in? Shanny gave him that opportunity and he failed in a 4-3. MCD gave him the opportunity in a 3-4 and he failed.

    He is SAM in a 4-3. Nothing more, nothing less.
    you know he had over 100 tackles both times he played mlb right? Behind a dline that was average or poor... itll be alot easier for him with our front 4 now IF he knows his assignments. Dj will be fine at mlb as hes been before. Just no blown assignments. I pray he takes the game serious because natural talent hes always had.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,638
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Yeah I would say he didn't fail if he was the leading tackler for the Broncos for the last I think 4-5 years. No way he is a starter but that is why Elway for GM of the year because we have great depth and with Del Rio have turned our defense into a pretty fierce opponent with Miller being a bad ***!!!
    Okay... Fail was a bit strong of a word. He didn't fail but I don't think he succeeded. MLB is the captain of the defense and DJ didn't fit that role. One could argue that until Von, DJ was the only decent LB on our team for quite some time. Other than Dumes during the 3-4 years, who did DJ have competing against for tackles? A Mike or a SAM should always be the leading tackler on any team. Just the nature of the position(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    you know he had over 100 tackles both times he played mlb right? Behind a dline that was average or poor... itll be alot easier for him with our front 4 now IF he knows his assignments. Dj will be fine at mlb as hes been before. Just no blown assignments. I pray he takes the game serious because natural talent hes always had.
    Again, as a MLB, he should have over 100 tackles simply by the nature of the position.

    Listen, DJ is an above average LB who was very good for a couple years. I do not believe that his presence as a starting role will make this team any better. Nickle packages and press packages. Other than that, keep things as they are.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •