Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jason Bay?

Hybrid View

vCash

Jason Bay?

Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes that the Indians could be a fit for Jason Bay this offseason.
    Hoynes is just dot-connecting, but Bay does have a history with manager Terry Francona and the Indians have a need in left field. Coming off his disastrous 2012, it remains to be seen what type of market he develops. The Boston Herald reported Wednesday that Bay's preference is to sign with a West Coast team.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash

vCash
    Yikes, sadly too realistic.

vCash
    would have to be a very team friendly contract with most of the $$$ based on incentives that would actually require a decent season to reach. I like Jason Bay more than I liked the Orlando Cabrera, Casey Kotchman, Kevin Slowey, Derek Lowe transactions...at least he fills real glaring need (right handed hitting outfielder with a history of power).

Wouldn't be my favorite transaction ever...but I could see this one working. I would rather see them take the chance on Melky Cabrera (switch hitter)...he shouldn't command a king's ransom with his suspension last year and he has shown the past 2 years that he is in shape (or is that the 'roids?) and is hitting for a better average than anyone on this team!

I would be more than alright with this...

1. CF Michael Brantley
    2. 2B Jason Kipnis
    3. SS Asdrubal Cabrera
    4. C Carlos Santana
    5. RF Shin Soo Choo
    6. 1BKevin Youkilis
    7. LF Melky Cabrera/Jason Bay
    8. 3B Lonnie Chisenhall
    9. DH???

This line-up would have a great potential to be much better than last year's line-up. What would REALLY help this line-up is for Carlos Santana to start hitting for a much higher average. Imagine the impact of improving a .250 hitting Santana to a .285 hitting Santana??? More RBIs, more big innings, fewer LOB, more walks, better pitches for those hitting above him...that would be the greatest addition to this team!

We need someone to get him his bucket of chicken to sacrifice!

vCash
    Why would anybody come to Cleveland to play. Do you really think the Dolans are going to get in a bidding war. Antonetti will do his normal and talk and never offer a contract to players we need. This organization worries more about failure then they do about improving the club. I still can hear the comments when Thome left the first time, they did not want to give him the extra year because of his back. Last year no third year for Willingham who hit 30hrs plus and over 100 RBI. They are interested in Victorino, just like Beltran last year. Of course they never made an offer to Beltran.

vCash
    If they sign Jason Bay it's a sign that they're not cheap, they just don't know what the hell they're doing.

vCash
    Yawn!

vCash
    Don't pick this guy up, he's washed up. Those concussions have ended his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    Don't pick this guy up, he's washed up. Those concussions have ended his career.
    If he's washed up then they probably will. BTW how does a Baseball Player have multiple concussion issues? This isn't the NFL. Or even NBA. He must practice dumpster diving with the Dolans.