Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Only under George Karl...

...does Corey Brewer get 22 minutes a night while JaVale McGee only gets 19:30!

Pretty much all of the Nuggets looked horrible the first few games of the year but since then things have shaken out and the low number of minutes McGee is playing is turing into a joke. With the depth on this team there is no way Brewer and his 37% shooting should be on the floor for 22 minutes a night, he's just not that good. Then you have McGee and his 57% shooting, 11 pts, 6 boards and almost 2 blocks only getting 19 1/2 minutes a game. McGee should be scheduled for 30+ minutes a game unless he's just totally bombing, foul trouble or some other variable.

To me this is just another case of George Karls over inflated ego and that he's such a personel guru that Brewer should be on the floor more than McGee. ONLY GEORGE KNOWS BEST!!

I'm really over Karl as a coach, just retire already and lets get some new, maybe young blood in here. You know he will never get fired, but I wish he would.

vCash
    I've been over Karl for awhile now. This team has become stagnant and the favoritism is just over the top now. When JR was on the team, if he put up the shots that Brewer does, Karl would almost yank him out of the game immediately. JHam played pretty well and should've made his case to get more playing time. He only shot 4-11 from the floor but was 3-7 from the 3 and would've been 4-8 without that travel at the end. It should've been him and Miller on the floor going down the stretch.

vCash
    Jerry Sloan,McMillan,MIKE BUDENHOLZER(Greg Popovichs right hand),Calipari,Shaw??

vCash
    I've noticed as well that George Karl plays favorites. I don't know why else he would continue to play brewer. He's not a very good shooter. Most of his shots are uncontested so there's no excuse. I think we need to make a big trade. Some of you make think it's sacrilegious for me to say this, but i think we need to trade brewer, mozgov or koufous, and maybe wilson chandler for a legitimate two guard. We need players that can space the floor. What is the point of lawson penetrating and kicking it out to someone like brewer...doesn't make sense to me. We should've tried to get harden. We really need a player like him.

vCash
    adding on my last comment mcgee should be getting wayyy more minutes. I believe Mcgee and Faried have the highest fg% on the team. Towards the end of the game it always seems like George Karl takes both of them out. In the Phoenix game in the 4th quarter i remember seeing Iggy on Gortat. That is ridiculous from the stand of point of even if Iggy could bother his shot on defense, chances are Gortat would easily pull down the rebound. I don't think George Karl knows when to pull out or keep in a player. It's funny when i hear about D'antoni coaching the lakers. All i hear about is how he doesn't care about defense. D'antoni and George Karl have very similar coaching styles. The issue with this is what happens when you're not hitting your shots? If you're not hitting shots and you don't play defense the chance of winning is highly unlikely. Last year we had the #1 ranked offense but what does that matter when you're giving up a ridiculous amount of points.

vCash
    The one thing I admire about Coach Karl is that he isn't just coaching the basketball player he is coaching the man who happens to be playing basketball. From the perspective of the couch judging players and their work ethics and levels of professionalism is a very hard task indeed yet many posters let their frustrations with the performance of the team cloud what is actually happening with the players.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...CSwjw9SFqvXzoK

Professional basketball has always been my favorite sport but there are times when I am frustrated with today's players because it seems that they have no love for the game but just love for what the game can do for them. After reading the above article I tried to put into words just how I felt and realized that I couldn't do it justice. So read the article which is on the front page of this website and form your own opinion.

vCash
    There are plenty of coaches out there that can do so much better. Mcmillan would be an excellent coach. I agree that it does have something to do with the players, but as a coach, it is their job to keep them focused keep the competitive mindset up. It doesn't seem that majority of the players are playing with a sense of urgency.

vCash
    My problem with George Karl is it doesn't seem like he holds players accountable. Last night brewer was jacking up three's and missing everyone of them. I seen him spot up for a three and miss a wide open faried under the basket. You need to sit him after that. The players shouldn't be able to get away with things like that. And Gallinari last night taking that three at the end of the game and air balling it. GK needs to change the attitude of the team. We need more people like Faried. You can tell when he messes up he feels horrible, it's all over his face. We need the players to be hungry and not just happy being there. One last tid bit, I hope lawson can become a leader of the team one day. I'm really pulling for him, but as right now i don't see leadership qualities in him. #prove me wrong ty
    Last edited by seoulja389; 11-16-2012 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    Its all favoritism, JHam was our best shooter last night from the 3. Karl won't give him minutes for the next few games. He will always go with Brewer over JHam. He only holds players accountable if he doesn't like them. A few games ago, Miller had 3 possessions in a row where he turned the ball over yet Karl kept him in the game. Favoritism...

vCash
    We have to keep losing to get some change in here

I'm all for it too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastson View Post
    We have to keep losing to get some change in here

I'm all for it too
    ^
    Lakers did it too and they didnt pick best coach there is,so maybe we should before someone else does?

vCash
    ^ So what you're saying is... you want Phil Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastson View Post
    ^ So what you're saying is... you want Phil Jackson
    Jackson or Sloan or McMillan(better than Mike)..

vCash
    Lol Jackson won't come here, would be nice. McMillan would be the best choice I think. I don't see a change coming though. We need to do something though, theres a lot of good teams in the West. Clippers and Grizzlies are playing insane right now.

vCash
    I like Brian Shaw as a prospect for this coaching job. Young dude who has alot of winning experience in his past...

Under phil jacksons wing all those years