Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

vCash

help

so i make it a point not to drive in chi.. but i might have to soon here

my girl will need picked up at midway airport at 6 at night on the 30th of dec.. so that means there is a possible snow storm.. possible drunk *** holes and even more likley that there will be people like me that have no clue where the **** they are...

so the queston is how hard is it to get to midway? what highway would be easyest?

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    is W 56th stree a 0ne way road? or 2? looks like if i take

W garfiled belvard to 56th to s cicero ave it might not be to bad.. then agine.. I94 and I90 are same highway there so that wont be fun.. or look like same one

also can i get back on the highway that way??

I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post

W garfiled belvard to 56th to s cicero ave it might not be to bad.. then agine.. I94 and I90 are same highway there so that wont be fun.. or look like same one

I travel in strange cities all the time and I cannot recommend strongly enough that you get your hands on a good GPS system - one that comes with the ability to give you real time delays and provide detours around them. Borrow one if you have to for that night but play with it a day before to get used to it (I used to use the rental car systems but now I just use the one that comes with my phone)

That said, the simplest routes will keep you off any streets except Cicero - you should end up getting on i-55 briefly and taking a direct Cicero exit. You should be able to essentially retrace your route straight back
    Last edited by RRD; 11-10-2012 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    GPS it dude

vCash

Do not take 56th... Like RRd said stay on the expressways.

Take 90-94 up to i- 55 west to Cicero airport entrance on the right 3 miles down. Going back out of the airport is a little tricky just follow the to I-55 signs..

This is the only way to go

our future

vCash
    thanks guys... we talking about me just taking train down to union station the L train to mid way and garbing a hotel for few nights.. then L train back to union then train back to the zoo... as far as train and L train go be cheaper then gas lol (assuming L train isn't insane)

what color is that L train to mid way from union?? yellow? and how much is it??

thanks for the help
    Last edited by det32; 11-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.

vCash
    The L one way is cheap. I think 2.25? I wouldn't stay near midway if you had the choice

vCash
    why bad side of town?

vCash
    thanks guys... we talking about me just taking train down to union station the L train to mid way and garbing a hotel for few nights.. then L train back to union then train back to the zoo... as far as train and L train go be cheaper then gas lol (assuming L train isn't insane)

thanks for the help
    I should tell you it's the yellow line since your a lions fan.. But, it's the orange... Do not stay in midway.. They built a couple decent hotels there now like the Hampton, but the area is the Mexican ghetto. There is nothing around. If you tell me what you want to spend on a hotel, I can tell you the best place to stay

our future

vCash
    why bad side of town?
    Yeah the Southside is terrible. I've lived in some bad parts of stl and the area around midway still weirds me out everytime I have to go there

vCash

thanks for the help
    Orange Line and it is 2.25 each person, each way. I have never had a problem on an El (although you hear some stories) and the route you are taking should mainly be populated with other people who flew in. On the other hand, if you m aking a weekend of it (and there is no snow storm) I'd spring for a cab, at least on the way back. Cab should get you back downtown in 15-20 minutes versus while the El would be more like 45-60 minutes. If your girl will have been gone for quite a while by the time you pick her up at Midway, that extra thirty minutes might be a big deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Yeah the Southside is terrible. I've lived in some bad parts of stl and the area around midway still weirds me out everytime I have to go there
    There's parts of the southside that are nice, like Mount Greenwood. And honestly the airport motels right by midway are fine. If you need to stay by midway and you want somewhere that's legitimately nice just book yourself at the Hilton Oak Lawn on 95th & Cicero. Get some Fox's pizza while you're there it's right across the street.

Go home Brendan, you're drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I should tell you it's the yellow line since your a lions fan.. But, it's the orange... Do not stay in midway.. They built a couple decent hotels there now like the Hampton, but the area is the Mexican ghetto. There is nothing around. If you tell me what you want to spend on a hotel, I can tell you the best place to stay
    well i am Hispanic so might be ok lol... do have a white girl tho...

she said she found one for 89.. i am assuming that is cheapest they get.. and there is a shuttle that took us there.. what is the cheapest place that we wont get raped and killed?

vCash
    thanks agine for all the help guys

vCash
    Holiday Inn Chicago - Countryside / Lagrange

is the hotle she found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast