Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 132 of 132
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There has to be middle ground IMO. Because you and Marty are just as bad as the people on the other side of things. This forum has turned into a mob mentality. Every move is under a microscope and completely slammed for no reason. We sign a minor league player like every other team does and it is labeled as not trying.

    Now before you say anything about me just remember I am not the one going around posting the same articles for the past 2 years trying to get everyone on your conspiracy theories about siphoning money and purposely trying to run this team into the ground.

    The irrational one is the person who doesn't accept any other opinions or facts besides their own. Time to look in the mirror.

    BTW don't give me a link to a story because I am not going to read it.

    That minor league player is on the 40 man roster...

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Up along first, behind the bag.
    Posts
    1,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The irrational one is the person who doesn't accept any other opinions or facts besides their own. Time to look in the mirror.

    BTW don't give me a link to a story because I am not going to read it.
    This is amazing.



    Do you bother to read what you're writing before you post it?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    This is amazing.



    Do you bother to read what you're writing before you post it?
    I think the irrational ones here are the ones who can't accept the possibility of either reality.

    The Wilpon apologists should accept these owners could conceivably be broke and Fred's relationship with Bud is the only reason why he still owns the team. That includes the very real possibility significant money will not be spent on this team for quite a long time.

    The Wilpon haters have every right to be angry about the last 2 years especially but they also have to accept the possibility money will be spent on this team in 2014 and going forward when this team is in better position to compete. 2014 brings a much different financial landscape with such little salary on the books and its possible the Wilpons financial issues are drastically overstated. We don't know their wealth because its not of public record.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-02-2012 at 05:19 AM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the irrational ones here are the ones who can accept the possibility of either reality.

    The Wilpon apologists should accept the owners could conceivably be broke and Fred's relationship with Bud is the only reason why he still owns the team. That includes the very real possibility significant money will not be spent on this team for quite a long time.

    The Wilpon haters have every right to be angry about the last 2 years especially but they also have to accept the possibility money will be spent on this team in 2014 and going forward when this team is in better position to compete. 2014 brings a much different financial landscape with such little salary on the books and its possible the Wilpons financial issues are drastically overstated. We don't know their wealth because its not of public record.
    Well said, metswon69.

    Yeah, it would be nice to believe ownership, but I have difficulty in believing current leadership will take us to the promised land.

    Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964



    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    I believe they will spend next year because they can't be happy with continually declining revenue at the box office.

    I think they are just looking for a more financially solvent way to win and will spend when Santana and Francisco are gone.

    They have pieces if they resign Wright and Dickey and look to add OF help in 2014

    Call me foolish but I want to have hope.

    I readily admit I could be completely wrong with that assessment but I have to believe everyone in the organization is frustrated with the losing.

    We'll see.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2012 at 02:40 AM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Well said, metswon69.

    Yeah, it would be nice to believe ownership, but I have difficulty in believing current leadership will take us to the promised land.
    Ty Paulie.

    Its more hope than reason on my side.

    But pragmatically speaking you're probably right.

    I guess we will find out next year with all "supposed" financial flexibility they are having us believe there is.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Ty Paulie.

    Its more hope than reason on my side.

    But pragmatically speaking you're probably right.

    I guess we will find out next year with all "supposed" financial flexibility they are having us believe there is.
    Absolutely.

    BTW, love your current sig of Joe Pesce from Home Alone. Very cool.

    Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964



    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Absolutely.

    BTW, love your current sig of Joe Pesce from Home Alone. Very cool.
    My sigs never hold a candle to yours but thanks lol.

    Am already in the Christmas spirit I guess.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the irrational ones here are the ones who cant accept the possibility of either reality.

    The Wilpon apologists should accept these owners could conceivably be broke and Fred's relationship with Bud is the only reason why he still owns the team. That includes the very real possibility significant money will not be spent on this team for quite a long time.

    The Wilpon haters have every right to be angry about the last 2 years especially but they also have to accept the possibility money will be spent on this team in 2014 and going forward when this team is in better position to compete. 2014 brings a much different financial landscape with such little salary on the books and its possible the Wilpons financial issues are drastically overstated. We don't know their wealth because its not of public record.
    To add I think there is so much pressure on the Wilpons to spend next offseason because they keep stating publically or insinuating through Alderson "We will have financial flexibility in 2014".

    They can't be on the record with that then expect people to come back to the ballpark carrying a 40 million dollar payroll in 2014.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2012 at 03:17 AM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    To add I think there is so much pressure on the Wilpons to spend next offseason because they keep stating publically or insinuating through Alderson "We will have financial flexibility in 2014".

    They can't be on the record with that then expect people to come back to the ballpark carrying a 40 million dollar payroll in 2014.
    Although, they did say they'd be improving the team via trades, but they're now not going to do that.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Although, they did say they'd be improving the team via trades, but they're now not going to do that.
    Well they have only certain dealable/expendable assets.

    The reports are they will explore dealing Dickey or Niese so we will see.

    I still think they may look to be creative with Murphy and now possibly Flores now that they re-signed Wright.

    They also have significant minor league SP depth they can look to deal in the right trade
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 06:34 PM.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well they have only certain dealable/expendable assets.

    The reports are they will explore dealing Dickey or Niese so we will see.

    I still think they may look to be creative with Murphy and now possibly Flores now that they re-signed Wright.

    They also have significant minor league SP depth they can look to deal in the right trade

    Call me when they do anything that improves the team. It's been five years.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •