Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Pedro Feliciano

vCash

Pedro Feliciano

Since Byrdak is injured and missing part of the season, we could use a lefty reliever to replace him. Feliciano is healthy and was great for us when we had him. Hopefully we can bring him back to Queens.

By the way, I'm hoping we can get Brian Wilson as our closer, with Mejia as our long reliever, and Fransisco, Rauch, Parnell, and Brandon Lyon as our middle relievers.

vCash
    Feliciano is coming off two years of not pitching and had capsule and rotator cuff surgery last year.

Shoulder injuries are much different than elbows and we saw that with Santana last year (not to mention Byrdak is coming off that surgery too)

I guess they could give him a look, send someone from the FO to see how he is progressing but i don't know if i would bring him back unless it was veteran's minimum or spring training invitee.

I would rather we take our chances with Edgin and Carson and see what happens..

No way we get Lyons btw, he will be looking for too much money.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-01-2012 at 03:21 AM.

vCash
    I would understand a minor league deal fora Feliciano who has a shot to pitch this year over a Byrdak.

vCash
    Yes. I've been suggesting his name since the summer. Never enough leftys. But apparently for this organization 1 is enough.

vCash
    Move on...been there. Done that.
    If you want a lefty, find someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Feliciano is coming off two years of not pitching and had capsule and rotator cuff surgery last year.

Shoulder injuries are much different than elbows and we saw that with Santana last year (not to mention Byrdak is coming off that surgery too)

I guess they could give him a look, send someone from the FO to see how he is progressing but i don't know if i would bring him back unless it was veteran's minimum or spring training invitee.

I would rather we take our chances with Edgin and Carson and see what happens..

No way we get Lyons btw, he will be looking for too much money.
    He's not gonna cost a lot so he'll be low risk/high reward. And if he doesn't pitch well or get injured, then we can use Carson or Edgin but I rather Feliciano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    He's not gonna cost a lot so he'll be low risk/high reward. And if he doesn't pitch well or get injured, then we can use Carson or Edgin but I rather Feliciano.
    Edgin should be the primary guy going forward.

You want to give this kid a shot he can prove to be a dominant lefty reliever.

Feliciano has experience but that's the only way i would sign him is to a minor league deal with a spring training invite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Move on...been there. Done that.
    If you want a lefty, find someone else.
    Why?

When healthy, he has been a good option. If he's willing to sign a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training and proves to be healthy and productive, there's nothing to lose.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople