Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many points do we go down by before we score?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-3

4 12.90%
  • 3-7

3 9.68%
  • 7-10

5 16.13%
  • 10-14

8 25.81%
  • 14-17

4 12.90%
  • 17-21

1 3.23%
  • +21

1 3.23%
  • the lions wont score

0 0%
  • who gives a sh!+, this team makes Lions fans suicidal, bring on the draft, this message approved by csstl

5 16.13%
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1103
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    The only thing I disagree on with Bears99 is our RB talent.

I think Leshoure is a very solid up and comer, and our main problem lies with our run blocking rather than our RBs.

Also, Fairley seems to be breaking out right now, the last two games he has 11 tackles, 3 sacks, a forced fumble, and I'm not sure how many overall he has, but he had 2 pressures and 2 hurries in the second quarter alone this week.

I think this is partially because teams are so focused on Suh, so if it gets to the point where both Suh AND fairley are just wrecking havoc, I don't see how they can stop them both.

One last thing a little off topic. I might be crazy, but why the hell is Rob Simms rated 91 in madden? He's like the third highest rated player on our team...
    i was beginning to think that, people criticize suh on lack of "stats" he puts up but he fights double and triple teams all game long, just the guys next to him need to step up like fairley has, im pissed about avril, and we all know kvb is just a teacher now more then a player at this point

seriously we need to get a stud DE, a guy like gholston, i see lots of potential in him, especially seeing how great he played next to jerel worthy, same setup here with suh and fairley, let avrils *** walk and have some stupid *** team over pay for his balooned stats

seriously every big game hes played in he has done little to nothing, so many examples

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park View Post
    i was beginning to think that, people criticize suh on lack of "stats" he puts up but he fights double and triple teams all game long, just the guys next to him need to step up like fairley has, im pissed about avril, and we all know kvb is just a teacher now more then a player at this point

seriously we need to get a stud DE, a guy like gholston, i see lots of potential in him, especially seeing how great he played next to jerel worthy, same setup here with suh and fairley, let avrils *** walk and have some stupid *** team over pay for his balooned stats

seriously every big game hes played in he has done little to nothing, so many examples
    People who say Suh hasn't been as good as he was in his rookie season are ****ing idiots.

It's just now Suh is being gameplanned around like crazy. Granted he does need to improve on quite a few things, but he had those same problems his rookie season.

And yeah, I agree on Avril, I've been saying the entire time he is the most overrated player on our team, he was very average before Suh, most of his recent success can almost entire be attributed to Suh.

vCash
    Fairley > Suh

Enough of the double team ********. Fairley makes way more plays and he CAN beat double teams. How often does Suh beat them?

And Fairley beats up on elite players. look at the NO game last year. He ate NO guards up.

Edit: Please don't take it as me knocking Suh but Fairley is so damn good when he gets consistent reps.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Detroit – Three Performances of Note

Fairley Brings his A-game

Ever since his debut in a Detroit victory on Monday Night Football last season Nick Fairley has shown glimpses and flashes of being a destructive defensive tackle, but in recent weeks, and especially this week, he really put it all together for a full game. There wasn’t a quarter in the game where Fairley was kept quiet, as he proved to be a disruptive force to the Green Bay offense throughout. Fairley drew two hurries from Josh Sitton on the Packers’ second drive (one nullified), a sack and two pressures in the second quarter and then forced a fumble from Rodgers in the third stanza. In the past three weeks Fairley has an overall grade of +13.1, making him the form defensive tackle in the entire league. If teams are gravitating towards Ndamukong Suh, terrified of him making game changing plays against them, then they need to start realizing that the Lions have another defensive tackle who can easily make them pay in one-on-one situations as well.

Jekyll and Hyde for Peterman

This was definitively a game of two halves for Stephen Peterman who was as almost as good a run blocker (+2.6) in this game as he was bad in protecting Stafford against pass rushers (-4.5). Peterman allowed seven pressures (all hurries) in a game for the second time this season, and those two games (2 Sk, 5 Hu in Week 7) have accounted for half the hurries he has allowed all season. In allowing three of his seven hurries to Ryan Pickett, the Lions’ RG gave up the Packer’s best game as a pass rusher since Green Bay’s conference championship victory in Chicago back in 2010. Of concern for Peterman is that he was beaten in a variety of different ways, rather than just showing one glaring weakness. Pickett beat him inside, outside and via bullrush for his three pressures, while B.J. Raji and Mike Daniels also got the better of him on bullrush. Things were better in the run game, as Peterman consistently sealed defenders down inside, but showing such a weakness against a Green Bay interior defensive line that has not rushed the passer well this season should be concerning to Detroit fans.

Stafford’s Struggles

It would be remiss of me to pass comment on performances of note from this game without lending some time to Stafford’s bad day. After a fine run of form in the last month (+10.6 in the Lions’ past three games) Stafford came crashing down to earth with his lowest graded game since the Lions last hosted Green Bay on Thanksgiving last season. The Packers’ secondary had the upper hand on the Lions’ from the first drive of the game, and Stafford didn’t help matters from there on in. Put simply, he forced passes that weren’t on and missed passes that were. Stafford turned the ball over twice and was biblically inefficient in collecting 22 incompletions on 39 pass attempts. The Lions’ got a handful of big plays down the field, one of Stafford’s more efficient regions of the field (3/8, 108 yards, 1 TD) but there were plays missed downfield that held the Lions back as well. The Lions and Stafford were teetering on the brink, but this performance and this loss may have tipped both over the edge to a bad season that will have to be consigned to ‘character building’.
    PFF Game Ball

He may have come out on the losing side this week, but in his fourth start of the season Nick Fairley was a one-man wrecking crew. After an inconsistent beginning Fairley is really growing into the season.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...lions-week-11/

vCash
    Fairley is going to be a top DT after this year IMO. He is honestly destroying opposing O-Lineman. And you can tell he's maturing (Not killing Rodgers)

I really don't know whats wrong with Stafford tbh man. According to advanced stats he's having a top 10 season as a QB but he is just missing people a lot man. Those two overthrows of Calvin that would have been a TD is just embarrassing. An easy throw that he would make last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Fairley is going to be a top DT after this year IMO. He is honestly destroying opposing O-Lineman. And you can tell he's maturing (Not killing Rodgers)

I really don't know whats wrong with Stafford tbh man. According to advanced stats he's having a top 10 season as a QB but he is just missing people a lot man. Those two overthrows of Calvin that would have been a TD is just embarrassing. An easy throw that he would make last year.
    I honestly think Staffords shoulder is bothering him. He is not following through like he should be on a lot of his throws causing them to be side armed, short, or too high.

vCash
    When I saw the replay of the Fairley/ Rodgers near body slam, I couldn’t help but think “FINISH HIM!!” in the mortal combat voice.

Nick is awesome. The Lions have the building blocks for something special, they just need to get it all together. I know Schwartz is not on the hot seat but I hope we don’t have to watch a Wayne Fonts-esque reign of terror. If Schwartz can’t get this thing working, get someone that will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZfV9PVS48k

^^near slam

Fish Pasty

vCash
    I love the way Fairley plays. I'm not going to lie, it was good to see Fairley show restraint on slamming Rodgers....but a part of me wanted to see that happen lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I love the way Fairley plays. I'm not going to lie, it was good to see Fairley show restraint on slamming Rodgers....but a part of me wanted to see that happen lol.
    I used to dislike him, mostly because of something he did against UGA in college.

I want to give him a hug now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I used to dislike him, mostly because of something he did against UGA in college.

I want to give him a hug now.
    Could have ended the Packers season but remembered Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Could have ended the Packers season but remembered Norm.
    Inorite
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Just saw a replay of Cobb's catch at the end. Lacey doesn't even get his head around (big surprise) until Cobb is making the catch, then he turns around, avoiding making a play on the ball while Cobb is securing the catch.

The Lions DBs suck...SUCK...SUCK! I don't want to hear anything about Jonte Green or Delmas or any of those punk mother ****ers. They are horrible and need to go. They are like the keystone cops of NFL secondaries.

A perfect example of what the Lions are NOT was on display Sunday watching the Packers secondary. They made plays on the ball and broke up catches. Det DBs always look lost and never make a big play on a ball that is being caught. That Cobb TD was a lob that should have been easily defended but against the Lions, its a game winning TD 10 times out of 10.

Casey Hayward might have helped...oh wait MM knew WRs were going to get hurt so good thing he took Broyles.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Just saw a replay of Cobb's catch at the end. Lacey doesn't even get his head around (big surprise) until Cobb is making the catch, then he turns around, avoiding making a play on the ball while Cobb is securing the catch.

The Lions DBs suck...SUCK...SUCK! I don't want to hear anything about Jonte Green or Delmas or any of those punk mother ****ers. They are horrible and need to go. They are like the keystone cops of NFL secondaries.

A perfect example of what the Lions are NOT was on display Sunday watching the Packers secondary. They made plays on the ball and broke up catches. Det DBs always look lost and never make a big play on a ball that is being caught. That Cobb TD was a lob that should have been easily defended but against the Lions, its a game winning TD 10 times out of 10.

Casey Hayward might have helped...oh wait MM knew WRs were going to get hurt so good thing he took Broyles.

I just don't understand how our CBs are so damn incompetent. How many times a game do we see the WR get a good 10 yard separation from our CBs? It occurs far too often. Hell look at the Finley TD, no one picked him up at all.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Fairley > Suh

Enough of the double team ********. Fairley makes way more plays and he CAN beat double teams. How often does Suh beat them?

And Fairley beats up on elite players. look at the NO game last year. He ate NO guards up.

Edit: Please don't take it as me knocking Suh but Fairley is so damn good when he gets consistent reps.

Not knocking the post or opinion, I know it's a fun talking point but as long as Fairley and Suh line up together in Lions uniforms, I'm not sure I personally care which one is better just as long as they're both in destroying O'Lines.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I just don't understand how our CBs are so damn incompetent. How many times a game do we see the WR get a good 10 yard separation from our CBs? It occurs far too often. Hell look at the Finley TD, no one picked him up at all.
    that play was all on the linebackers..... both of em (I think it was tulloch and durant) bit hard on the movement of the offensive line to the right side of the field and left finley wide open.

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast